Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Post by stubby » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 am

DatGuy wrote:Here's how I ran a gunslinger spacesuit apocalyptic survivor, the very first time I played Brikwars: You attack twice, the same target, but at -1 to hit for both, due to the unsteadiness that firing one handed would provide. Maybe scale it up by -1 each consecutive turn you dual-wield?
We did something like this in the past, but keeping track of the -1s wasn't worth it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 pm

stubby wrote:
ikensall wrote:Balanced by Specialty: Matilda Effect: +0.76 CP. Anything they succeed at, male minifigs get the credit.
And yet, in spite of support and recognition from top authority figures, they will still only perform 0.76 the actions per year compared to the males on a per capita basis.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 am

AZKAMAT wrote:
stubby wrote:
ikensall wrote:Balanced by Specialty: Matilda Effect: +0.76 CP. Anything they succeed at, male minifigs get the credit.
And yet, in spite of support and recognition from top authority figures, they will still only perform 0.76 the actions per year compared to the males on a per capita basis.
you say that but the president of the USA is literally a snuggler
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Are you judging the Russians pumpkin
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 pm

Ha ha it took two readthroughs before I realized you weren't calling Zebra "pumpkin" like a pet name

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:42 pm

Legofighter wrote:I just guess this guy (WestNordOst) just read the basics in the rulebook and fudged all the remaining.
So i guess he is just aking you questions because he's too lazy to read the whole rulebook
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a) Fudging rules, as it's BrikWars, and b) asking questions, the advanced rules get pretty confusing, besides he obviously read the advanced rules if he is fielding a tank with those weapons as neither advanced vehicles nor special weaponry are covered in the basic rules.

On the subject of dual pistol rules, I thought of making it pretty simple

Pistol weapons would be any of the advanced weapon options with a size of 1/2"
So a standard pistol is 1.5 CP, Use 2.5 rounded up to 3, Range 4", with a d3 (d6 divided by 2) for damage.
A blast pistol is 1.5 CP, Use 1.5 (2), Range 3", and d4-distance damage.
An auto pistol is 2 CP, Use 2.5 (3), Range 3.5", and d3 damage with arc fire capabilities.

They may seem very weak but minifigs have numerous options while using them, since their size is 1/2"
Two of them can be fired at once, which actually does more damage on average than one 1" gun of the same type at the price of lower range, since the use is lower for each shot.
Also, a minifig can use a pistol alongside a one-handed melee weapon to get a shooting attack in before charging.
Finally, minifigs who must hold medikal tools or construction equipment can wield a pistol in their other hand in case they need to defend themselves without having to carry too much.

Thoughts? Will you try these rules yourself? Or is this utter shit? I honestly have no idea.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 pm

stubby wrote:Ha ha it took two readthroughs before I realized you weren't calling Zebra "pumpkin" like a pet name
We have moved beyond that we're now at an uneasy peace! DMZ included
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am

Legofighter wrote:I just guess this guy (WestNordOst) just read the basics in the rulebook and fudged all the remaining.
This is the difference between just knowing the rules and really understanding them.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:
stubby wrote:Ha ha it took two readthroughs before I realized you weren't calling Zebra "pumpkin" like a pet name
We have moved beyond that we're now at an uneasy peace! DMZ included
damn I really thought I was your sweet little pumpkin for a second
Image Image