New abilities

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

New abilities

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:40 pm

I've worked up a few custom stats for my army, and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have.

[1 CP] Proximity Fuse
Upgrade to standard missiles that lets them detonate as soon as their target is within the blast radius, rather than requiring a direct hit.

Advanced Ranged Combat Training
This minifig has specialized in using ranged weapons. However, all that time at the firing range has caused their hand to hand skills to lapse. +1 use and damage rolls with ranged weapons, -1 use and damage rolls with CC weapons.

Advanced Melee Combat Training
This minifig excels with close combat weapons, though they've sacrificed some of their ranged combat skills. +1 use and damage rolls with CC weapons, -1 use and damage rolls with ranged weapons.

I'm also looking for some kind of "highly skilled kicker of asses and taker of names" type trait for my Immortal War Veterans (elite commando squads). Right now they're based off the old officer minifig, with heavy armor, some extra move inches, and CC weapon master or ranged weapon master (depending on what weapon they're using). If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd love them, because right now the Vets just feel like they're missing something or off somehow.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: New abilities

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:12 pm

I'd make the proximity fuse a free ability, and not dick with adding an extra CP cost. It's specialized for a specific tactical purposes, which has strengths and weaknesses already.

Do your Immortal commandos have supernatural dice and cliches?

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:04 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I'd make the proximity fuse a free ability, and not dick with adding an extra CP cost. It's specialized for a specific tactical purposes, which has strengths and weaknesses already.

Do your Immortal commandos have supernatural dice and cliches?
Thanks for the advice on the fuse. I haven't considered giving the commandos SN dice, but I'll look into it. I'm a little wary of using SN dice too freely, because I feel that overusing them makes it too easy to lose sight of what a unit is supposed to do.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:33 pm

After giving the SN dice idea some thought, I'm considering giving the Veterns a SN d6, as an effect from the power armor they wear (I'm also going to be giving my power-armored heavies a d4 bonus). I also decided to reduce their armor from heavy armor to standard armor, since with heavy armor they were becoming nigh unkillable super soldiers who could one-hit any opposing minifig (not to mention the fact that they moved as fast as a standard fig). Which would be fine, if there weren't ten of them running around.