Spy rules?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

lordintype
something different

Spy rules?

Post by lordintype » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 pm

I need some ideas. Does anyone have any rules for using a tiny group, consisting of 5 for example, and have a large force patrol the area?
The real Piltogg was the friends we made along the way.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: Spy rules?

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:21 am

I once hosted a game for two of my friends where the hero of the cops was a minifig in the mob's team. While undercover the guy who played the mob controlled him but the cops player could reveal and claim him at anytime.
Of course I only told this to the cop player.
Or did you mean like more of a Bond 007 type spy?

EDIT: I just actually read your post. Before I just skimmed over it.
So just to be clear you wan't to have 5 spies, 007 style spies. to infiltrate a complex/building/structure/area while a large force of guards patrols the area.
That sounds like you need heroes and the stealth rules from the 2010 book, and nothing more.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:50 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:I once hosted a game for two of my friends where the hero of the cops was a minifig in the mob's team. While undercover the guy who played the mob controlled him but the cops player could reveal and claim him at anytime.
Of course I only told this to the cop player.
Or did you mean like more of a Bond 007 type spy?

EDIT: I just actually read your post. Before I just skimmed over it.
So just to be clear you wan't to have 5 spies, 007 style spies. to infiltrate a complex/building/structure/area while a large force of guards patrols the area.
That sounds like you need heroes and the stealth rules from the 2010 book, and nothing more.
I was thinking this, but I just wanted to check if anyone had any special rules or abilities I could use.
The real Piltogg was the friends we made along the way.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:20 am

I would just use the 2010 stealth rules from the scout's statcard and add them to your hero's.
It's also fun when there is a way for the alarms to be rung, so that your hero's have to be extra careful.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 pm

We've tossed an idea around before of a traitor, which you just buy for a set amount of CP. At any point in the battle, you can then reveal one of your opponent's units, which has a total cost equal to or less than the CP you spent for a traitor. This allows you to reveal whichever unit is the most convenient as the traitor whenever you need to. Is that what you're looking for?

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:41 am

If you're talking TF2 Spy then the scouts Steath rule should be sufficient. If it's a James Bond style spy, just use a Hero with the cliché "Secret Agent".
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote: Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick