Battle of the Sea - mircoscale

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Szerszen
Champion
Champion

Battle of the Sea - mircoscale

Post by Szerszen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:39 am

I was trying to use the rules of BW to play in microscale in Sea fights... pirates etc... but a lot of counting to prepare the fleet was little hard and rescaling isn't a way in which it was working. In effect I prepare new battle system - which maybe is not so close to BrikWars, but is working.

The core rules are able to transform into any microscale wars - spaceships, tanks and anything you want. The main rule for BrikWars - fun still exist.
Below is pdf, sorry for some grammar mistakes, I was trying to translate it as good as possible, but in any way english is not my main language.

http://klocki.netla.pl/sites/lego.netla ... ulesEn.pdf
One brick to connect them all...

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Battle of the Sea - mircoscale

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:08 pm

That's some nice work.

Rather than BrikWars, I'd suggest you should also take a look at Mobile Frame Zero to see some of their interesting ideas for micro-scale Lego combat. I think you can download the PDF for free:

http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Szerszen
Champion
Champion

Post by Szerszen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:59 pm

I know Mobile Frame Zero... it's a good system but in my opinion directed too much to only one style of play and to be honest little too complicated for fast play.
One brick to connect them all...

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh yeah, I definitely wasn't intending for you to replace your game with MF0, just to check it out for some ideas. Some of the way stats are handled in Battle of the Sea reminded me of the way MF0 uses its dice.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?