Reverse Crankiness

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

C .
Battlefield General

Reverse Crankiness

Post by C . » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Recently, i had an idea.
It stems from my experience with TOAD (dota), and i belive it could be an interesting idea for hero-oreintated armies.
Instead of losing skill on rolls as the number of heroes on a team increases, heroes will start with a full 1d10 skill roll, and lose 1 point for every hero on their team which has died.
This is due to their innate self-belief which means that they will cease to concentrate on the battle, instead convincing everyone who will listen of their incredible skill, and of the incompetency of all other allied heroes.
gg noob pudge handsome devil can't even land a hook up his own arse. cyka blyat report noob team. commend me or fucking noob support doesn't know how to ward gg noob team :(

I'm willing to bet that this rule could lead to some interesting scenarios, with heroes being protected at all costs. (yes it is open to munchkinning in the form of a army of heroes but anyone who does that should go eat a shit and die, to replicate the enjoyable process of playing a game with them)
I suspect that this will probably lend itself to teams with 3-6 heroes, more is just stupid and less is pointless.
This conversation bores me, ima go play dota.

M220
Minifig

Re: Reverse Crankiness

Post by M220 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:23 pm

It is an alright idea, but like you said, some people might just go and create an entire squad of heroes, which gets annoying.

Prior to using the brikwars rules, Quadruple.Digits and myself had our own rule-set. We could only have (if I remember correctly) 1 hero per army. Which means I had to deal with being able to use only one hero per game. I did make an excuse though that I had a 'general' who was somewhat of a minor hero. So yes, having more than one hero would be nice, but I reckon some people would go overboard.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:26 am

There is only one hero. Everyone else is just the supporting cast.

C .
Battlefield General

Post by C . » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Anyone who does try and exploit these rules is basically painting a target on their forehead for the Spirit of Brikwars to take a shot at.
Btw zuppon, you would make a great void player.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:08 am

Trying to protect your hero is not something any player should ever do ever. Your hero can't do all the awesome stuff they're supposed to from the back of your army. He should be on the front lines, covered in the blood of his enemies (and former allies).
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:45 am

Gungnir wrote:Trying to protect your hero is not something any player should ever do ever. Your hero can't do all the awesome stuff they're supposed to from the back of your army. He should be on the front lines, covered in the blood of his enemies (and former allies).
Trying to protect your hero is dumb, but running headfirst into danger and just getting shot is even worse. If your hero is to go down, then it should be in a blaze of glory and not just dying to a random encounter with a basic trooper.
C . wrote:Btw zuppon, you would make a great void player.
I play an okay Void. Initiators are sort of my specialty. Heroes like Earthshaker, Dark Seer, and Sand King are what I excell at.

C .
Battlefield General

Post by C . » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 am

Cool, we should play sometime
btw i think we'd better move this conversation to the MOBA thread