How to determine stats and CP for units and creations

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

How to determine stats and CP for units and creations

Post by BriksKrieg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:02 pm

So, I have a few questions regarding stats and custom weapons. I'm not sure how to quite use the online stat creator, or how to determine stats in general. I've read the rule/guideline 2010 book (loved it) 2-3 times and I'm still confused. I feel like a fair amount of fudging goes into it, but any feed back is helpful.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Texhnophille
Minifig

Re: How to determine stats and CP for units and creations

Post by Texhnophille » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 am

There is a formula in chapter 8 to determine CP cost, and it depends mostly on the weapon's size. As far as custom weapons go, I prefer to start with 1cp for the first weapon mod and then increase each subsequent mod's cp by one. For example, first I attach a scope for 1cp, then make a longer gun barrel for 2 cp, then equip AP ammo for 3 cp, and so on. If you want to create completely unique weapons right from scratch, though, I'd use cp rules for supernatural dice.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 am

There's also this tool that let's you calculate CP and generate statcards automatically. Dunno how up-to-date it is with the current ruleset though.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:55 am

Duerer wrote:There's also this tool that let's you calculate CP and generate statcards automatically. Dunno how up-to-date it is with the current ruleset though.
Checked it out, and it's kewl, though I did not see a cannons type of weapon.
Texhnophille wrote:There is a formula in chapter 8 to determine CP cost, and it depends mostly on the weapon's size. As far as custom weapons go, I prefer to start with 1cp for the first weapon mod and then increase each subsequent mod's cp by one. For example, first I attach a scope for 1cp, then make a longer gun barrel for 2 cp, then equip AP ammo for 3 cp, and so on. If you want to create completely unique weapons right from scratch, though, I'd use cp rules for supernatural dice.
Alrighty, that makes sense. Thanks guys :tiger:
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd