Pulse-Light weapons and stats (HardLight revised)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Pulse-Light weapons and stats (HardLight revised)

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Pulse light is a energy that Shivatians artificaly create from light. It's special thing is that it doesn't give a sigle crap about armor. Most Shivarian infantry and tank and artillery use some form of pulse light, weather it's a tank cannon, an AT gun, or just a simple rifle bolt, it's some form of pulse light. For examples we're gonna use the 8,8cm AA/AT cannon, and a machinegun.(if you don't know whut I'm talking about, find the link in my signature, and yes, I did just advertise my army)

Pulse light trades a small amount of damage to achieve the powerful armor piercing abilities. The 8,8cm is a size six cannon. CP cost of 18, use of 9, and a range of 24 inches. It uses size 6 ammo. A normal size shell costs 6CP, and does 6d10 damage, which is subjective to deflection and other things that make it hard to kill something. Shivarian Pulse Light Teknology Adaptions have fixed this. The CP cost to convert a weapon to pulse light is 1CP per size inch. The size 6 8,8cm AT/AA gun now costs 30CP and the use and range stay the same. The weapon no longer has to have fizical ammo, beacuse the power unit inside the 8,8 takes light from the space around it (theres no reduced visability), and then creates pulse cells, which a then used as the ammo. Before adaption, the 8,8 shot a size 6 shell, which did 6d10 damage. Since the 8,8 makes it's own ammo, and it's a size 6 weapon, then it makes size 6 pulse light shots. A normal size 6 would do 6d10, but the pulse light sacrafices a bit of damage in exchange for insane AP. A size 6 PL shot does 5d10-1 and ignores all armor stuff. The cannon still has to reload(or in small arms case, cool down), before shooting again.

Any pulse light small arms weapon(rifle, machine gun, pistol) over heat on a crit fail (roll of 1), and it tajes a roll of 6 to get the thing to cool down. Another way to cool down the small arm, is for the operating fig to take his next two actions and use them to cool the weapon. Damage is moved from d6 to d8-1, and the cost is 1CP per size inch.

The only change for a shotgun with pulselight is that its damage becomes sized8+2, and damage doesn't drop at range, but range is reduced by 1inch. A size 2 shotgun does 2d8+2 damage and has a range of 5 inches instead of 6.

Ill explain my version repeating/semiauto rifles and SMGs here too.
Repeating/Semiauto rifles are rifles that have a + 1 to damage(onto of any other mods)
EX: size-2, CP-6, use-4, range-10in, damage-2d6+1(PL has an additional +2 mod, and CP of 8 total)
SMGs are wierd, they are stated similarly to rifles, but they use only 1 die + 2 for damage. SMGs damage die is it's size, multiplied by 2, then with a +4 mod. A size 2 SMG has 1d4+4-distance. They shot only in 1-2 arcs, and also have no auto penalty like a machine gun.
Assault rifles are the same as SMGs
EX: size-3, CP-9, use-6, range-14in, damage- 1d6+4-distance(PL has an additional +2 mod, and total CP of 12)
Spoiler
Show
( NOTE: if anywhere I said "hard light" or "HLS/HL", It is supposed to be PulseLight/PL, and I either haven't corrected it yet, or I don't care ).
Also, if you see the number '69', then auto-correct struck again. It's suppsosed to be the number SI X
KOMMENTS AND THE LIKE ARE WELCOME!!!! : D
Last edited by BriksKrieg on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Hard light weapons and stats(maybe,hopefully)

Post by bann154 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Fookin newbs. Honestly we have armor piercing rules. Right here.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm

bann154 wrote:Fookin newbs. Honestly we have armor piercing rules. Right here.
The guy just wants to add some fluff to his AP ammo, it's not the worst thing that he didn't know about alternate damage types.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Texhnophille wrote:
The guy just wants to add some fluff to his AP ammo, it's not the worst thing that he didn't know about alternate damage types.
Most people read the rules before attempting to modify them. I mean that usually works best right? But hey what do i know? :commonsense:
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 pm

bann154 wrote:
Texhnophille wrote:
Most people read the rules before attempting to modify them. I mean that usually works best right? But hey what do i know? :commonsense:
I read that alternate damage stuff, and just kinda didn't really care to play with them, so I made my own thing. This is subject to comments and I add and change things as I see fit to these custom AP rules. When I get more time, I'll actually try to understand the AP rules, but last time I read them, they didn't make much sense, and seemed like <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of extra work, just to put a shell through some armor. :studgod:

Just read it again. It's really wordy. Lots of words, and not very to the point. If you have a simplified version, please share it.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:18 am

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:
Just read it again. It's really wordy. Lots of words, and not very to the point. If you have a simplified version, please share it.
Here's how AP works: if your weapon has the armor piercing ammo, all your shots negate two layers of deflection, if there is any. For the larger creations, AP negates two of the creation's structure levels before applying damage. For example, if you shoot SL 3 tank with 3d10 armor, your AP attack will cut tank's SL to 1 with 1d10 armor respectively. So your weapon's damage now has to deal with 1d10 armor as opposed to 3d10 without AP. Also, for the component damage, after you're done with enemy's armor reduction, go one inch deep from the initially targeted creation's spot, then apply damage to that area.
Also, the Overskill for AP is essentially a pro railgun shot from Q3.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 am

bann154 wrote:Most people read the rules before attempting to modify them. I mean that usually works best right? But hey what do i know? :commonsense:
Yeah, just like most people read the EULAs and manuals before trying new apps. Why waste time reading rules when you could already be playing
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:10 pm

stubby wrote:
bann154 wrote:Most people read the rules before attempting to modify them. I mean that usually works best right? But hey what do i know? :commonsense:
Yeah, just like most people read the EULAs and manuals before trying new apps. Why waste time reading rules when you could already be playing
:tiger:
Lol, thanks Stubby!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 pm

I still don't think that I've read the rules front to back yet.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Zupponn wrote:I still don't think that I've read the rules front to back yet.
Believe it or not, I have read the rules front to back. I thought they were funny and kewl, and wanted to get others to read them but no one but me really cared. As it was awhile ago I've forgot a bunch of stuff, but it was fun to read.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Pulse-Light weapons and stats (HardLight revised)

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 pm

I have redone my custom weapons rules, hopefully these are easier to understand and read. : D

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 am

It feels like a lot of fiddly bits like the ones I used to fuck around with in my own first homebrew back in the day. My advice is to look where you can replace +1 or -1 with raised or lowered dice sizes instead. Makes for faster play. I.e. 1D8-1 could be replaced by 1D6. Easier to manage that kind of thing in my experience.

Also, beware of rules that apply permanent statuses to generic weapons. It can be hard to keep track that way...
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 am

Yeah. Part of the reason for fiddily bits is because when I was younger I liked to play older boardges like The Thin Red Line, and Flight Leader, which both have a number of fiddly rule sets and conditions and the like. Refinement of these rules is still going to.