The Infiltrator

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Cracjaw
Minifig

The Infiltrator

Post by Cracjaw » Fri May 22, 2020 9:54 am

The Infiltrator is a take off the fan made Ninja type character in Brikwars, it is the one that I like to use in a few of my more casual games (IRL games, not forum battles).

6. Skill: :d8: when darkifying

7. Darkify: to Darkify, you must have full stamina (Stamina explained later, but not important), you roll your specialty :d8:, if you roll higher than a 4, then you Darkify, if you fail, you just try again next turn, but if you crit fail, you can't darkify again for two turns

7.1. Darkifying means you remove the minifig (Or action figure, whatever) from the playing board, but leave something behind to mark his spot (One of those miniature collector stand things works nice for me)

7.2. At the end of two turns, you immediatley undarkify, you replace the infiltrator anywhere within 10" of his origianl position (That marker you left behind, yeah, told you) Of course you must follow normal movement rules, I.E. No moving through walls, no walking off cliffs etc..
7.3. When you undarkify, you may perform one free attack on one target. You gain +1 for your the surprise aspect.

8. Stamina: This just means that you can't undarkify, and the redarkify in the same turn, you have to wait until your next turn to darkify

9. requirments: Can only equip a small knife and a small gun

If anybody has any questions, please ask them, I use this guy a lot and he feels really fun for me, there might be one in an upcoming Forum Battle, but who knows? :mystery:
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Gorvoslov
Officer

Re: The Infiltrator

Post by Gorvoslov » Mon May 25, 2020 3:53 pm

I like the cooldown, albeit I worry about it being annoying to keep track of. I also like the set time to re-appear as well. I wonder if it would be better if they could re-appear during an opponents turn and make an attack then? That way they'd be mostly used to stop something you don't want happening from happening by impalement.

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am

Yeah, the cooldown was just to make sure that they weren't overpowered. One of my friends used this guy, and he kept Darkifying every single turn, and he could not be attacked. Maybe use pips on a baseplate for him? I don't know.

Maybe they could re-appear at any point during the next turn?
Yeah, you know who I am

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue May 26, 2020 2:42 pm

this is actually pretty good :rtfm: :excellent:

I think a die roll for both darkify and undarkify would be funny (and in character for brikwars). So he can critfail uncloaking :lol:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed May 27, 2020 1:24 am

This is pretty close to the Stealth system we had back in 2010. Take a look at the Covert Units in 11.2 for some more ideas:

https://brikwars.com/rules/2010/11.htm#2

(Wow the old rules were hard to navigate! I'm glad I updated the navigation design so much since the old days.)
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Wed May 27, 2020 10:31 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:42 pm
this is actually pretty good :rtfm: :excellent:

I think a die roll for both darkify and undarkify would be funny (and in character for brikwars). So he can critfail uncloaking :lol:
So he stays in visible?? :lol: That's funny
Yeah, you know who I am

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Huh? Yousa be a makin' no sense
Yeah, you know who I am