▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: BrikWars Officialer Chat

Post by stubby » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 am

whiteagle problems, amirite
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 am

His spirit lives on something something...
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I thought RM was ok but he's seriously going around attacking everyone, making threats to people and talking about using his gun to kill people. Can mods please do something about him? Inaction is literally normalizing hi hate speech
Just Monika

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm

IB stop being such a tattle tale bitch. You got Kastrenzo in trouble and you've played this card before. If you have issue with this than talk to robot

Violation:
Leave the discord on the discord
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Insert_blank wrote:Image
I thought RM was ok but he's seriously going around attacking everyone, making threats to people and talking about using his gun to kill people. Can mods please do something about him? Inaction is literally normalizing hi hate speech
:troll:

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 am

Captain-Camper wrote:IB stop being such a tattle tale bitch. You got Kastrenzo in trouble and you've played this card before. If you have issue with this than talk to robot
lmao, look at you defending fascists like every other libertarian for some reason

Violation:
Leave the discord on the discord
Image Image

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 am

If I were to mod this server responsibly I should ban everyone on principle. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for all that whining that would result because of it, however.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 am

Do you remember when you guys used to be all "hey stubby come join us on the discord chat" and I was like "fuck that, the only reason for discord is for people to be abusive racists and treat each other like shit and then pretend they were just trolling WINK WINK" and you guys were like "lol that's totally an unfair characterization that would never happen!!!"

And what's wrong with being a tattle tale bitch? If you don't want people talking about you being an ass, the secret isn't to stop them from talking, it's to stop being an ass. Don't try to make your shitty behavior someone else's fault.

Anyway quit bringing that shit back to the forum. I can't control what you do on the Discord but people treating each other that way over here just turns into a giant moderation headache for me.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:38 am

It's not as if I wasn't trying to keep things in check but there are two major factors that kinda get in the way of doing my job:
- most shit hits the fan when I'm already asleep (time zones lol) and I have to wake up when the damage is already done
- as soon as I try to raise a finger everyone throws a fit on how much of a meanie without any sense of fun I've supposedly become

I'd like to ban troublemakers but as soon as they are banned they'll get over here to the boards to stir shit and I don't want to further burden the mods or myself, considering that the whole situation on the forums eased a bit compared to last year.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:56 am

Duerer wrote:It's not as if I wasn't trying to keep things in check but there are two major factors that kinda get in the way of doing my job:
- most shit hits the fan when I'm already asleep (time zones lol) and I have to wake up when the damage is already done
- as soon as I try to raise a finger everyone throws a fit on how much of a meanie without any sense of fun I've supposedly become
Yeah, same for me here on the forums. But I don't think I ever really cared one way or the other about whether people who were acting like assholes thought I was fun or not. They can have opinions again once they're done acting like assholes.

I never really got that insult, to tell the truth. The two counterattacks I always get are variations on "you used to be fun!" and (more recently) "so much for the tolerant left!" which is like - how am I supposed to care about either of those things? I'm not here to represent some imaginary strawman political stance or convince people to like me. I'm here to keep a forum running, and whack any misalignments with a hammer until they work again.
Duerer wrote:I'd like to ban troublemakers but as soon as they are banned they'll get over here to the boards to stir shit and I don't want to further burden the mods or myself, considering that the whole situation on the forums eased a bit compared to last year.
I feel like the situation on the forums eased a bit when Voin left more than anything else. But if people come over here to stir shit, that's their fault, not yours.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm

This is why I'm not on discord. :commonsense:
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:This is why I'm not on discord. :commonsense:
Same here vengy :troll:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Hey, we're not all bad. I mean, we've got myself Quantum on diskord too. :wink:

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:42 am

stubby wrote: I can't control what you do on the Discord
Actually you could control the server even better than I can, given there's already a user called butts with full admin powers (and it's not some bullshit alt that everyone mistook for the real deal). Only question is whether you care at this point anymore.
Winning Contest Entries
Show