Help me understand.

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Help me understand.

Post by DJ Squidley » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:47 pm

What makes a maaaannn, it's another man, help me understaaand.
The self-proclaimed lord of cringe strikes once again!

I require an explanation on how battles are organized (stand-by for idiocy), since there aren't really any players close to each other, do all the players for a game mail their army to the "game-master", or do they spend a ton of money to drive/ fly over to play? I'm sorry, I'd love to eventually play a game, but I don't know PRECISELY how they're organized. Please help answer my question(*Takes on cute/devilish 5 year old voice* I doubt anyone wants to play with me though...).

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Help me understand.

Post by bann154 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Well you earthier find somebody to fight be it a friend you know and get them into it or you can do forum battles where the host uses their own armies to stage a battle where orders are submitted to the host who then Photographs and posts the the results of the turns.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Your first mistake is trying to quote Depeche Mode and messing it up.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 pm

mail me your army and we'll start from there

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 am

A lot of Brikwars players supply multiple armies when having battles in person. Simply have a selection of bricks, figures and vehicles on standby, and let your friends, siblings or kidnapped hobo's make their own army out of them. Obviously don't go building the Super Heavy DEATH Tank for yourself, and then try and convince your friends that they should be happy fighting it with 6 figures and a horse. As a rule of thumb I've generally let my opponent chose to swap armies if they wish, meaning I've always built two armies of equal power that I would be happy to play either.

If you want to play a forum battle, get over to the sub-forum and find a sign-up thread for a game. Remember that signing up to a forum battle has some small amount of responsibility, and there is some etiquette arounds getting your orders in on time, and keeping the GM appraised if you are going to be unable to do your turns for some time.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:11 pm

And if folks end up being unpunctual with their orders, you could impose a 48 h deadline for sending orders. If they haven't sent orders by then, you could try to NPC them or ask for another user to jump in, instead.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:49 am

Mail me your army and we'll go from there.
Just Monika

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Really now, I honestly didn't think my armies looked that good!

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:02 am

my brikwars spirit has been rejuvinated since seeing your army

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:my brikwars spirit has been rejuvinated since seeing your army
Ok, I understand you're a legend and all, but.. Do you want to butter the other side too? And I'm not trying to sound like one of those classmates you've had who is the greatest artist you've ever seen but just dismisses their drawings as "just a doodle" or "oh, it's terrible". Because, that right there, is the very definition of irony, and I know for sure when something of mine is good or bad, especially when compared to other peoples' work, now I'm not saying my armies are ugly, but, they're just, ok.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:my brikwars spirit has been rejuvinated since seeing your army
Gr8 b8 m8
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:05 pm

DJ Squidley wrote:
Ok, I understand you're a legend and all, but.. Do you want to butter the other side too? And I'm not trying to sound like one of those classmates you've had who is the greatest artist you've ever seen but just dismisses their drawings as "just a doodle" or "oh, it's terrible". Because, that right there, is the very definition of irony, and I know for sure when something of mine is good or bad, especially when compared to other peoples' work, now I'm not saying my armies are ugly, but, they're just, ok.
i eat up great talent like i eat my toast, burnt and deep fried in butter (so your analogy is correct) hit me up sometime and lets cruise down the pathway to success we're gonna make brikwars great again, just you and me and all these commas

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:57 pm

The honour would be all mine, just don't forget this little guy ( , ). So, since I have spoken to you, does that mean I can get the warning: hangs out with overwatch badge?

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:34 pm

DJ Squidley wrote:The honour would be all mine, just don't forget this little guy ( , ). So, since I have spoken to you, does that mean I can get the warning: hangs out with overwatch badge?
you have to join the goon squad to get that badge

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Well then, sign me up boi! Does that mean I have to avidly use Skype though? If I don't seem edgy enough to you, that is in fact because I am a self-proclaimed S-class meme (unless you ask my very close school friends).