discussion: general purpose vehicles

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

Jabberwocky
Champion
Champion

discussion: general purpose vehicles

Post by Jabberwocky » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:27 am

I'm starting to flesh out vehicles for my forces. I am currently using the military mule for scouts/snipers, the cj5 style (m38?) As an airdropable vehicle for recon forces... But I'm pulled in multiple directions for the main forces general purpose vehicle. My army is focused around tech available in the 1980s.... So I was thinking about the m17/power wagon, the m715/gladiator, or the humvee in an unarmored truck Variant. I want a big robust vehicle, I would design it to be 6 to 8 studs wide. The m17 and m715 are unique in that regard, however I do not believe either have a good design to base off of. I have a design for the humvee, yet it seems it is quite commonly built. What do you guys think you'd like to see in a brikwars battle? Beyond carnage that is

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: discussion: general purpose vehicles

Post by dilanski » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:22 am

Jabberwocky wrote:I'm starting to flesh out vehicles for my forces. I am currently using the military mule for scouts/snipers, the cj5 style (m38?) As an airdropable vehicle for recon forces... But I'm pulled in multiple directions for the main forces general purpose vehicle. My army is focused around tech available in the 1980s.... So I was thinking about the m17/power wagon, the m715/gladiator, or the humvee in an unarmored truck Variant. I want a big robust vehicle, I would design it to be 6 to 8 studs wide. The m17 and m715 are unique in that regard, however I do not believe either have a good design to base off of. I have a design for the humvee, yet it seems it is quite commonly built. What do you guys think you'd like to see in a brikwars battle? Beyond carnage that is
Sounds like you already have a selection of general use vehicles. If you have pictures of your current forces, they may help us flesh out what you could build.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: discussion: general purpose vehicles

Post by TheCraigfulOne » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 pm

You might try using the jeep in this set as a starting point: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/ca ... e?S=7622-1