Brikwars Secret Manly Santa!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Brikwars Secret Manly Santa!

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:49 am

(Read in corny Monster Spectacular Ad Intonation)

Welcome, and get ready for..
BRIKWARS SECRET MANLY SANTA!!!!!!!

The Rules Of Conduct:

1. The gift MUST be GENUINE LEGO or a Third Party Accessory (Si-Dan, Brickforge, Brickarms, BrickWarriors, whatever).

2. Your gift must have a value of 15$ USD or over, not counting taxes.

3. You cannot choose who you're sending to. It's completely random, although chances are you'll get someone in your area to avoid shipping prices going crazy.

4. You must be 13 or over to participate. We can never be sure!

5. Try to be diverse in your choices, the cooler the gift, the cooler yours!

To be a participant, you have to register in this thread. If anyone wants to, they can volunteer for Backup Santa, in case of a mixup.
PM me any questions.
Last edited by Half-Moon Molly on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Re: Brikwars Secret Manly Santa!

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Well, if anyone else feels inspired by this, I'm gonna be here.
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:20 pm

I think that this could be a pretty fun activity, but just have a couple of issues with it.

First, this seems fairly early for a secret Santa. It's September. I'm not even remotely thinking about December yet.

Second, the people in our forum group tend to be fairly young and I don't know how many would be able to actually go through with things.

Third, it has been literally 10 hours between your posts. Give it a couple of days!

Fourth, if you're going to be going through with this, you should have people post wishlists if they want to participate. That way they can get stuff that they need or will use in the future. This makes a much better experience for everyone.

Fifth, with our forum split fairly well between both Europe and the US (for the most part), you're probably going to want to split the secret Santa into two groups with one for each region. I can tell you from experience that shipping costs across the Atlantic can be insane and nobody wants to do that. Still, it would be wise to ask if anyone is willing just in case.

Sixth, backup Santas are a must just in case there is someone that doesn't send or something gets lost in the mail. Ask ahead of time if anyone is willing to put something together last minute in case of mixups.

Seventh, who can participate? Is there a post count that needs to be reached to guarantee that the user will send? Do they need to be on the forum for a minimum time? Or can anyone just sign up with 2 posts and receive free stuff, never send, and then leave forever?

In order for this to work, you really need to be organized and have tons of things in mind. You also can't be all hyper about this shit. Give it some time and it might gain some interest.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:48 pm

To be brutally honest this seems like one of those things that require far more effort than its worth. Not only that manly santa doesn't approve of gifts unless its the gift of pain or alcohol.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Zupponn wrote:I think that this could be a pretty fun activity, but just have a couple of issues with it.

First, this seems fairly early for a secret Santa. It's September. I'm not even remotely thinking about December yet.

Second, the people in our forum group tend to be fairly young and I don't know how many would be able to actually go through with things.

Third, it has been literally 10 hours between your posts. Give it a couple of days!

Fourth, if you're going to be going through with this, you should have people post wishlists if they want to participate. That way they can get stuff that they need or will use in the future. This makes a much better experience for everyone.

Fifth, with our forum split fairly well between both Europe and the US (for the most part), you're probably going to want to split the secret Santa into two groups with one for each region. I can tell you from experience that shipping costs across the Atlantic can be insane and nobody wants to do that. Still, it would be wise to ask if anyone is willing just in case.

Sixth, backup Santas are a must just in case there is someone that doesn't send or something gets lost in the mail. Ask ahead of time if anyone is willing to put something together last minute in case of mixups.

Seventh, who can participate? Is there a post count that needs to be reached to guarantee that the user will send? Do they need to be on the forum for a minimum time? Or can anyone just sign up with 2 posts and receive free stuff, never send, and then leave forever?

In order for this to work, you really need to be organized and have tons of things in mind. You also can't be all hyper about this shit. Give it some time and it might gain some interest.

I thought of all that. For earlyness, who givezashiet? PRESENTS!!! I know what you mean by being young. Age restriction will be set. As for wishlists, it beats the porpoise of secret santa, ya donno whatcha gonna get! Backup Santas are a good idea.
Captain-Camper wrote:To be brutally honest this seems like one of those things that require far more effort than its worth. Not only that manly santa doesn't approve of gifts unless its the gift of pain or alcohol.
That's why we're doing this, to get moar guns and weapons!
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:17 pm

i nominate my attorney (silverdream) to take place in this event as me

any further questions can be directed to him

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 pm

dude if you really want my address that badly just ask, I have a PO box that all my fans send anthrax to
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Ham wrote:dude if you really want my address that badly just ask, I have a PO box that all my fans send anthrax to
actually that's just me and i would really appreciate it if you opened the presents sometimes

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Anyone can send me Anthrax anytime.

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 am

I would join in if I had money, but I have no money at all and a weekly pay of ~3NZD (I am lazy and don't do much work). If I get more money, I'd be in
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:30 am

i am honestly interested in what you do that pays 2 dollars a week

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:40 am

Sure, I'm cool doing this within Yurop.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:45 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:i am honestly interested in what you do that pays 2 dollars a week
I wash half a car.

With my brother.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:43 am

Too bad I'm the only person in China/Asia. if you really wanna surprise me do a fan translation of Ys8 or buy me FFX on the vita. Thanks.
Just Monika

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm

lordintype wrote:I would join in if I had money, but I have no money at all and a weekly pay of ~3NZD (I am lazy and don't do much work). If I get more money, I'd be in
Well you'll get your money's worth when you get your gift.
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show