Destiny-themed Scene

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Destiny-themed Scene

Post by Av4l4nChE » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey guys! I'm new to this uploading picture business, so go easy on me if the pics act up on me. I'll do my best to fix them if they don't attach.

Anyway, if any of you guys are familiar with the video game Destiny, this scene depicts different elements of the game, and its upcoming sequel.

Pic 1: An overall shot of the scene: An abandoned tower on Venus. For reasons unbeknownst to us, the Vex chose to place a Conflux at the top of the tower.
The Vanguard put a priority bounty on the successful scan of the Conflux, so a fireteam of stalwart Guardians has taken the challenge.
Much to everyone's surprise, the Hive have decided to pay our fireteam a visit, and have begun to engage. Our fireteam is hard-pressed to stay alive.

Pic 2: The leader of the fireteam, a Sentinel Titan, charges forward, his Sentinel shield reflecting the blasts of the Hive Acolytes' Shredders.
Behind the line of Acolytes, a Wizard rears up to test its power against that of the Titan, crackling blue orbs of energy alight.

Pic 3: Behind the Sentinel, one of the Warlocks, a Stormcaller, is in trouble. Even as he blasts a Thrall into oblivion with his Thunderstrike,
three more rush at him, screaming. The Stormcaller hears his death on the twisted, shrunken lips of these Hive abominations. Even in the face of death,
he readies his SMG and prepares to take them on.

Pic 4: Propped up against the wall, the shattered corpses of his enemies at his feet, a Titan draws his trusty sidearm in an attempt to save his
Stormcaller friend. Blood gushes from a savage wound in his neck. His Ghost is shattered at his feet. His Light is spent. He knows he
will not be brought back to life again. He flicks the safety off and prepares to defend his friends one last time.
Behind the Titan, the other Warlock, a Sunsinger, turns from the charred corpse of a Thrall to see his friend slumped against the wall,
his life draining even as he defends his fireteam. He rushes forward to give him aid, but sees the Ghost of his friend lying broken on the ground.
He knows it is too late. Even so, he pauses his destruction to stand by his longtime friend in comfort, before he slips into the Void forever.

Pic 5: At the top of the tower, the Hunter sees everything going on. He ignores the strange noises eminating from the Conflux behind him.
He sights in on the Wizard with his Solar sniper rifle, and gently squeezes the trigger.

Pics 6-8: Different shots of the Sentinel and Stormcaller.

Hope you guys like it!
Last edited by Av4l4nChE on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Re: Destiny-themed Scene

Post by Omega Prime » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm

To post photos, you go to the photo you want on flickr, then go to the corner of the photo, where the favorite button(star) is. Next to it, there should be an arrow of some kind. Click that. In the pop-up window thing that shows up, you want to click the tab that says BBCode near the top. Select the size image you want(800x600 is usually good), and copy-paste the text in the text bar thing. Paste that into the forum thread and you should be good to go.

EDIT: This is actually really cool! I didn't want to click the image links earlier, so now that I can see them, these are great!
Last edited by Omega Prime on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 pm

Omega Prime wrote:To post photos, you go to the photo you want on flickr, then go to the corner of the photo, where the favorite button(star) is. Next to it, there should be an arrow of some kind. Click that. In the pop-up window thing that shows up, you want to click the tab that says BBCode near the top. Select the size image you want(800x600 is usually good), and copy-paste the text in the text bar thing. Paste that into the forum thread and you should be good to go.
People like you, my good sir, are why the universe hasn't collapsed in on itself. Thank you so much for the clear and simple explanation for a novice like myself. Rock on! \m/
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm

I know absolutely nothing about Destiny but both the diorama and the figs look awesome here. :tiger:
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 pm

This is pretty damn cool. Sentinel Titans for the win come Destiny 2.

But using a sidearm in PvE? Clearly a casual.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED