Work In Progress

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Work In Progress

Post by RoC77 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:10 pm

I don't know if there's already a thread for this, I took a quick look I might have missed it so my apologies if this is a repeated thread.

I've been in a slump and I lost some steam in building, but here is a couple of pics of what I'm in the middle of.

This is going to be or was going to be a command/artillery/troop vehicle. I don't know if I want it to be one or the other or a combination or even a super tank. I might not even complete it and build enemy armor instead......

I was at the Lego store, and I saw all these green blocks & plates at the pick a brick station, then I thought of the building a hill string and decided to try to build one. I ran out of green, so I settled for a cut-up hill. I put up a canopy just to see how it looks, I bought more green, so I'm either going to turn it into a bunker, or and open fighting position, or a hidden command center......

Feel free to comment or post WIP's you have or WIP's that never was......

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:38 am

Use light grey on the hill to make it into a rocky outcrop with grass//moss on the top, but steep rocks on one side.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Use light grey on the hill to make it into a rocky outcrop with grass//moss on the top, but steep rocks on one side.
Yes, green-only hills can become boring after a while.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 pm

the huge tank thing should be a small bunker, it has guns, heavy armor, and looks awesome

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:19 pm

I got a small town styled after the city in Black Hawk Down, I'll try to get pics once I'm finished but does anyone have any suggestions about how to make pillars, I kinda need some inspiration. (and don't just tell me to stack briks, I want it to look different)
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:32 pm

That tank thing looks badass
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Sponsons in the middle of the tracks... I have never seen anyone stick guns in THERE before! All that sucker needs is a railgun or a siege mortar in the turret and it'll be ready to rumble.
Were it that simple...

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:01 pm

pesgores wrote:
NatalyaAF wrote:Use light grey on the hill to make it into a rocky outcrop with grass//moss on the top, but steep rocks on one side.
Yes, green-only hills can become boring after a while.

Ohhh.... thx for the rock idea, I have ton's of those pieces.... I think I got an idea on what to make.....

Oh, and thanks for the comments on the vehicle, I'm still stuck on what to do, I think I'm going to add a second level.