Project: Reeve pics

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Project: Reeve pics

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Seeing as how the Bricks forum has currently gone to the dogs, quite literally, I have decided to intervene with some pictures of the stuff I've made for Project Reeve, starting with Copenhagen.

A Peripatetiopolis-eye view of the Traction City of Copenhagen.

An airship's view

The back, less armored but still defended with a light cannon.

Tier 3. The lower tiers are behind the armor. The upright plate in the middle is a bridge set up for boarding walls with.

Tier 3 with the bridge down.

An Anti-Stalker trooper and a Mayorial Guard.

A view of some of the city's heavier artillery, a rocket rack and a howitzer turret. Next to the rocket rack is another Anti-Stalker trooper.

The other side of the tower. Here, you can see an AA battery and a two-gun antipersonnel turret.

This guy's the Captain of the Guard. Behind him are two more guards, armed with their signature axe-rifles

That's tier two-and-a-half, where the navigation deck has been moved.

A view inside, the guy on the left is a captured Red Eagle who has seen the other side of White Pass, which is where he is being forced to guide them. The guy on the right is a Navigator guard, keeping the pirate in line by threatening the one thing he values more than his life: His manhood.

A closer view of the rear gun.

The last sight Peripatetiopolisians had as a free city: The jaws of Copenhagen.
Last edited by Elmagnifico on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:20 pm

every pic other than the last one was the same -.-
i see you like the mortal engines quartet.
EDIT:its not much of a traction "city" its a bit small really since the traction citys where they took the city and built a giant frame and then build houses/put houses on it for people to live in, for the citys to survive they needed to "eat" each other, this one doesn't seem up to even "eating" a scavenger town, its gut must be very small, you have got to remember that the gut will contain parts of enougher city after its eaten so it has to be big and the tiers have to be bigger to house the houses, basically traction citys should be as big as your lego town but multi layerd.
Last edited by tahthing on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:22 pm

AAAAAAGH!

&$%#%$%^*& you photobucket!!!

EDIT: Fixed. User error.

Edit of the edit:
tahthing wrote:every pic other than the last one was the same -.-
i see you like the mortal engines quartet.
EDIT:its not much of a traction "city" its a bit small really since the traction citys where they took the city and built a giant frame and then build houses/put houses on it for people to live in, for the citys to survive they needed to "eat" each other, this one doesn't seem up to even "eating" a scavenger town, its gut must be very small, you have got to remember that the gut will contain parts of enougher city after its eaten so it has to be big and the tiers have to be bigger to house the houses, basically traction citys should be as big as your lego town but multi layerd.
Yeah, but build one better than this, and then I'll respect that. I'd loved to have made this thing bigger, but I have another suburb to build as well as Batmunkh Gompa and an airship fleet. This is as big as I could afford to make it without destroying all my brother's creations too.

Plus, there are 'vegetarian' cities that only eat Static settlements, who fought the Green Storm as part of the Tracktiongellenschaft(?). That's what Copenhagen is supposed to be.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 pm

cool idea, i would love a full traction-city....
gj though
and great books!
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:17 am

EPIC. I can't wait to fight in this battle.
[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

with the size of the citys and the amount of space they use (they chase for days in the books) you might what to turn it into lots of micro scale ones, not too small but not too big, between nenescale and microscale, where 1 stud is about 1/4 mile, thats about micro scale but not quite since the micro scale ships are many miles long and are about 6 studs long, don't forget that they drive cars inside the citys as well!, traction citys are pain in the arse to make to the book, i might make a scavenger town/platform.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:11 am

dude, you do know I offered you a spot as the League Air Forces, right?
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!

tahthing

Post by tahthing » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Elmagnifico wrote:dude, you do know I offered you a spot as the League Air Forces, right?
i replyed 2 days ago but I've just checked and noticed my post hadent shown up, I've replyed again.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Fantastic! I love the fact you took something you've seen pictures of and read about and have made your own version. Ok, so it's small but I'm thinking that much bigger and it would start becoming very fragile and hard to transport without severe damage... this puppy looks like it was made to be played with. Fantastic! Looking forward to reading the BatRep... what do the Stalkers look like?.. are they Scout units?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:35 pm

So do I have to free the captured Red Eagle?

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 pm

Not necessarily, you and lrdofbricks have some flexibility, you can each ally with the League or Copenhagen. I would ask, though, in the interests of keeping this a relatively fair game, that you choose different sides.

EDIT:

The stalkers are going to look something like this.

Infantry Stalkers-Similar to Dr. Popjoy's, only minus the weak necks. All four are armed with laser rifles.

A Stalker Tech-Just like the Medik, except with the proper facilities (onboard Clydeside), it can make new stalkers out of suitable material.

Stalker Hess and her two bodyguards, one armed with a heavy bolter, and the other with a Shardgun

Stalker Hess and one of her Stalker Bats.

Hess with drawn claws

Stalker bat
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 am

Awesome minifigs. Next question: when do I get to see the Eagles?

Ross_Varn
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER

Post by Ross_Varn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 pm

AHAHAHA! Yes! I RETURN!

Hmm.. this should be interesting to drive, chasing down stray minifigs...

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:23 pm

nice ill take it those are my iron revants?
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Fri May 01, 2009 6:01 am

yup, and you'll get a nice suburb too, just need to find time to upload the pics...

Anyway, to whet your apetites some more, here's a few pics of some hardsuits I made, General Toryu's Iron Samurai armor, and a Stalker Brute.

Stalker Brute flexing his steel muscles.

Stalker Brute's railgun

Holding it in an imposing pose.

General Toryu and his Iron Samurai suit.

This is what I picture General Naga looked like, except he had green hair in a warrior's knot and more of a beard.

Showoff.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!