Jess does not like storms

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:35 pm

What kind of hero attacks the floor, and what kind of villain build ON TOP of boiling lava. Seriously.
Dr No,
Dr Evil
that dued from star wars

thats 3 =)

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Let's just say it is a bad case of using extended universe, and all he was doing was showing off some cool ideas. Guys, let's not gang up on him. None of you have even looked at the quality of the vignette.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Here's my two cents worth...

I have seen it written in this forum that J+B is.. (this and that and so on) but he is a really good builder. As if that excuses his behaviour or goes some way towards making him a more likeable person. It does not.

If he wants to wear the "I'm an Ass" hat, thinking that it somehow makes him cool (yeah, right) then he has to accept when everyone groups together and tells him to stick it. Tough.

AdrianTheGeek
Cannon Fodder

Post by AdrianTheGeek » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:59 pm

james+burgundy wrote:
AdrianTheGeek wrote:Oh and she can't be a sith. Rule of two, hello???
Well clearly this is after Darth what his face and emperor prune face I mean all the Stoormies did not die off the same day as they did.
Umm that doesn't make sense.
james+burgundy wrote:nice parts
james+burgundy wrote:Think you can get me the guys number
james+burgundy wrote:O I was hoping he'd stay at my place

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Other than the fact that J+B hardly ever makes sense, if you have read any of the thousands of Star Wars books, and been fortunate to have read the handful of good Star Wars books you might know what he's on about. The Empire ended but what remained fragmented after Grand Moff Thrawn Died etc, etc, in a oh god wont it end sort of way. So, Evil Sith disciples and stuff keep crawling out of the woodwork with more and more unbelievable back ground stories about their part in the Empire before old Prune Face kicked it. This apparently has been one of them.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Hmmmm

I think Warhead is absolutley right

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Warhead wrote:Other than the fact that J+B hardly ever makes sense, if you have read any of the thousands of Star Wars books, and been fortunate to have read the handful of good Star Wars books you might know what he's on about. The Empire ended but what remained fragmented after Grand Moff Thrawn Died etc, etc, in a oh god wont it end sort of way. So, Evil Sith disciples and stuff keep crawling out of the woodwork with more and more unbelievable back ground stories about their part in the Empire before old Prune Face kicked it. This apparently has been one of them.
Wow I can finally have some respect for Warhead, he knows Thrawn

now a bunch of you little whipper snappers will be yelling that you know him too blah blah blah blah
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Dragonfire666666
Officer

Post by Dragonfire666666 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Eveditaly most people don't know who the blue adrmial is. That suprises me he's a Chiss right?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Worse, I know loads of (but not all) Star Wars facts. It was a big thing in my childhood. Before, Jar, Jar... :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnsOZsA7_4&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG ... re=related

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Yeah he chiss ever read outbound flight? it has him in it a lot (never read it but heard about it) Warhead whats you fav Star Wars book/series? My it totally bloodlines but for series its Jedi Academy Trilogy (with the whole Kyp Daron,sun crusher and Death Star Prototype)
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

ltobvious
Officer

Post by ltobvious » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Warhead wrote:Worse, I know loads of (but not all) Star Wars facts. It was a big thing in my childhood. Before, Jar, Jar... :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnsOZsA7_4&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG ... re=related
I remember that show, too bad it only lasted two seasons.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 pm

I know tons about Star Wars (or at least the timeframe around the original trilogy, not the new), I was merely asking some simple questions that I was curious about.

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 pm

AdrianTheGeek wrote:Oh and she can't be a sith. Rule of two, hello???
yes, because no jedi could ever wield a red saber and convert to dark side without an annoying im better-than-you-do-what-i-say master or learning a few things themselves with reduced power and variety. because, you know, it's not like anyone has honed slight force skills in the games or movies without intense training and such. :roll:
besides, the rule of two dind't really apply before the clone wars era. plus, sith are sneaky bastards. they're certainly gonna follow an honor code!
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm a Corran Horn fan. I, Jedi changed my effing life.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 am

Timothy Zhan's first Star Wars books that introduce Thrawn, Dark Troopers in an assault and the Noghri. I read a lot of others but they all pretty much sucked after this. Rogue Squadron too. Urgh! I stopped shortly after that series of crapulence. You guys are late to this stuff, I was there at the start, you don't know what it was like, you don't know what it meant. (Spaced reference).

Question: Why do all dark Jedi have to suck? Is it a law?

Are there any actual good Star Wars books since Zhan that any of you would recommend?