Page 1 of 2

Jackpot!

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:13 pm
by Bonn-o-Tron
Image

My grandma give me a bag of old-ass LEGOs she found in her basement.
By old, I mean the first castle series, when every piece was YELLOW for some reason. It feels like I have a little piece of history sprawled out on my bed.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:00 pm
by MicVash
Your Grandma's very nice! :)

That UFO cockpit/black tower in the middle should come in handy.
I'm sure you could make an outpost tower with all that yellow, especially the arches.
Looks like there's a decent number of minifigs/body parts in there.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:03 pm
by Bonn-o-Tron
Actually, as I discovered, that black piece is from some totally unrelated toy. There's a couple other pieces and it's like a really simple K'NEX (the Fisher Price logo on it reinforces this). There's a nice amount of shields, helms and axes, as well as these chest thingies with emblems on them.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:32 pm
by Doodleshark
Dude, score.

I wish my Grandma gave me Lego. :(

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:42 pm
by piltogg
yah, my cousin just gave me all of his and it was about 8 times this mutch with 28 figs and 14 complete sets (mostly pirates) I have become obsesed with pirates for the past few month because of it...

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:08 pm
by Blitzen
Cool. That looks kind of like my LEGO, including the clover breastplate. I <3 my yellow castle.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:34 pm
by Adean
Yeah, a few years back a friend of mine got rid of a ton of legos. There was a ton of stuff from the first space sets. Smelled like it had been sitting in an attic for years LoL.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:35 pm
by Adean
piltogg wrote:it was about 8 times this mutch with 28 figs and 14 complete sets (mostly pirates)
Awww, you lucked out man! I love lego pirates but I don't have a single set. Man, and now they're on ebay for about $300, at least for the good ships.... :cry:

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:35 am
by Bonn-o-Tron
Adean, meet Bricklink.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 pm
by ex-pastor
Bonn-o-Tron wrote:Actually, as I discovered, that black piece is from some totally unrelated toy. There's a couple other pieces and it's like a really simple K'NEX (the Fisher Price logo on it reinforces this)
Constructs! Shit man I haven't seen that stuff in YEARS (well, months, I saw some at a good will, that aside, years). My brother used to have a respectable collection of that stuff.

Then we found lego.

Then we built armies.

Then ultimately we found brikwars.

Need I say more?

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:51 pm
by Chessboxr
ahah. I remember my cousin making a starwars army before they had thoese sets...trans green antenna for lightsabers, ect.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:33 pm
by Dr. X
Actually, this is kind of weird, but my grandma just gave me a box of old legos about 2 weeks ago. She had had it for years and I used to play with it when I visited her when I was little but she finally gave it to me. And now your grammy gives you some legos too. Is there an outbreak of lego giving grandmas in the world? :shock:

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 pm
by Erasmas
Dr. X wrote:Actually, this is kind of weird, but my grandma just gave me a box of old legos about 2 weeks ago. She had had it for years and I used to play with it when I visited her when I was little but she finally gave it to me. And now your grammy gives you some legos too. Is there an outbreak of lego giving grandmas in the world? :shock:
Damn... I could use one or two of those.
LOL

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:05 pm
by domo-kun
lucky. some of the coolest pieces came from the first lego sets. I just wish i had some of those :shock: gosh i needed yellow pieces for the shogun circle on my hardsuit's back, unfortunately i didn't have enough for a full circle. :(

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:13 pm
by james+burgundy
Y is ever one here a slob when it come to legos?