The Philly Brikwar 2011 (since it isn't Ragnablock yet...)

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

What date works best for you for a massive Brikwar in Philadelphia, Summer 2011?

June 4th
No votes
June 18th
No votes
June 25th
No votes
July 2nd
No votes
July 23rd
No votes
July 30th
No votes
August 20th
5%
August 27th
No votes
Any in June
9%
Any in July
9%
Any in August
27%
Any and all!
50%

Total votes: 22

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

The Philly Brikwar 2011 (since it isn't Ragnablock yet...)

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Redcap, hope you don't mind that I took the initiative to put this one together.

In the other thread, Redcap said that his store had open space for a summer 2011 massive brikwar extravaganza for the above dates. To help facilitate and solidify scheduling, please indicate (for those of you who would want to/be able to make it) what dates work best for you.

All the best,
Rev.

Update 7/23/11

Since we are getting closer to the date, I'm going to keep some information on this original post. It would be useful and helpful for Benn (redcap) to know who is likely coming, who might need a place to crash, and whether or not you are willing to bring terrain/baseplates.

To repeat some necessary information, Philadelphia Brikwars day is August 20th at Redcaps Corner in University City of Philadelphia. Travel here to learn more about the store and to get directions. For those who think one day is not worth the trip, Benn has also said some gaming tables will be open for play on Sunday the 21st as well. I'm planning to be at the store by noon on Saturday.

Lets start some lists:

Coming:
Rev. Sylvanus
Rev's friend Dave
Dave's brother Matt
Rev's brother (maybe)
lawmaster
dirtycajun
redcaps corner

Needs Accommodations:

Bringing Baseplates/Terrain
Rev. Sylvanus (I can bring roughly 3-5 if my brother tags along)
Last edited by Rev. Sylvanus on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:09 am

Possibility that Judas Priest will be in Philly Late July, earl August on their epitaph tour, so I can hit two birds in one stone with that. That would be totally badass, Brikwars followed by Heavy Metal.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:14 am

Those of you who put "any and all" aren't actually helping to find a date, y'know. Just throwing that out there.

As long as I've got myself a ride (never bothered to learn to drive), I'll be there. I voted for any day in July; hopefully with enough advanced warning and a set date a good long time beforehand, I can be prepped and ready to be there.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 am

Olothontor wrote:Those of you who put "any and all" aren't actually helping to find a date, y'know. Just throwing that out there.
Maybe not, but as long as a couple people show preferences, then the decision can be based on them.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:44 am

"Any and all" is actually a fine vote. I want the event to take place when it's most convenient for the most people, but I have plenty of other events vying for space on the calendar, so if nobody much cares about the date then that actually works out really well because I can let it happen when it makes sense for it to happen, without interfering with some of our less flexible events. Either way, though, people should just vote how they actually feel.

Thanks for putting this up, Reverend!

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:06 pm

I voted for any in June but I could do anything except July 30th(World Boardgaming Convention), I might not be able to make it anyway since I'm using the fact that Philly is a great sightseeing city to convince my parents and that only works once.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

Abaddon127
Champion
Champion

Post by Abaddon127 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:30 am

This isn't going to replace Ragnablock in Philly next year will it?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 am

With any luck and a decent amount of response, I'd be hoping that this turns into an annual event. But Redcap would be the one to speak to that...

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:16 am

I'm more than happy to run an annual BrikWars summer gathering, but I'm not really sure what the roots of the term Ragnablok are, or if anyone has any particular right or claim to that title. I'm trying not to step on any toes or have it feel like I burst onto this messageboard and started claiming all BrikWars traditions in the name of Philadelphia or anything. I'm more than happy to run an annual "Ragnablok" in Philly, and I'm just as happy to run an annual gathering of a different name, like "Apocabriks" or "Progblokstication," or something.

I'm also going to be running regular BrikWars events at the store anyway, and I've managed to generate a fair bit of local buzz about it. There are a couple of "test run" events on this month's calendar, toward the end of the month, so that I can teach the basics to a few of the locals and get everyone up to speed and hyped on the game before it becomes a regular event in April. To that end, if anyone has the 2010 rules set they'd like to share with me, I'd much rather start people on that and not have to confusingly change rules shortly after getting people started with the game.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 pm

redcapscorner wrote:To that end, if anyone has the 2010 rules set they'd like to share with me, I'd much rather start people on that and not have to confusingly change rules shortly after getting people started with the game.
Rather than help you, I'd like to link to the thread where solvess was trying to find the 2010 rules, because it remains hilarious even now:

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5381

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks (indirectly, I guess)! It'll be nice starting the store off with the 2010 rules.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:03 pm

June 18th is now off the table too. It's Free RPG day and we're going to focus on RPGs.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

stubby wrote: Rather than help you, I'd like to link to the thread where solvess was trying to find the 2010 rules, because it remains hilarious even now:

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5381
Oh that was also the incept thread of the PooSaber and PeeSaber.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I think August 20th is going to be the day. It seems like August works best for the greatest amount of people, so unless anything changes soon, let's plan for the 20th!

Also, we finally got our series 3 collectable minifigs in stock yesterday, and it should be another week or two on a few other sets. We'll have series 4 minifigs upon release in April.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Did you mention somewhere that you had some brikwars nights scheduled at the end of march Redcap?