Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

solvess
Dimmy

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by solvess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/
Looks awesome I'd tap it, discuss.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Im yet to get Oblivion so I can then go for Skyrim. But yeah, looks sick. The astral path thing and the dragon encounters are really awesome.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Eh, I'm sorta boycotting Bethesda, since they're suing Mojang.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 pm

I played Morrowind and Oblivion and even TES II (for an hour or so), But finished none of them. I quit both games right before or at least quite near the big final battle.
Morrowind: I found a crappy shield (with a name) in a random cave. And sold it, because it was crappy. Days later I learned that this legendary shield was a quest item. :?
Oblivion: I discovered that all the thanks you earn for brining the corrupt officer to justice was a warm handshake, 100 coins and a rusty dagger. Every bandit has more money. The quests may be interessting, but without proper reward I lose interest.

Because I am quite greedy, I was super rich and very powerfull half the way through the story line. You know you are strong when Dreamora Lords and ogres ambush you on a highway. And common bandits wear glass armor or better. When you spend more time running between the dungeon and the next city to sell all the stuff than actually questing, exploring or dungeoneering, it gets old very fast.

Because of that - and because my PC is so old that Oblivion is only running with low resolution - I will wait a while before I buy TES V.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Eh, I'm sorta boycotting Bethesda, since they're suing Mojang.
With a game this awesome who cares, they could smack me in the face and I'd still buy it
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:09 am

solvess wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:Eh, I'm sorta boycotting Bethesda, since they're suing Mojang.
With a game this awesome who cares, they could smack me in the face and I'd still buy it
I find that the Bethesda games are just as good a year later when they're half-price. I'm happy to wait until I see how the Mojang thing goes.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:12 am

I'll probably get it. I'll also probably get Dragon Age III...whenever that comes out....

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 am

bethesda's lawyers =/= bethesda.

buy the game!
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 am

muffinman42 wrote:bethesda's lawyers =/= bethesda
You forgot bethesda publishers. Proud publishers of great games like... Brink... and Rogue Warrior... and WET...
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?