Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG - LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Of Games and Thrones - Forum RPG - LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

Depends. Do we know of any less obvious routes we might take?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah, there's no way the three of us are going through another checkpoint

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:05 pm

The city is divided into several districts. Right now you are at the border between the harbour and the dwarven district. Whoever made the plans knew exactly where the best choke points would be and which streets he had to block.
To get from one district to another you either have to pass a check point or sneak around it. Possible ways would be to climb the barrikades, to find a hole and sneak through it (maybe some of the buildings have backdoors leading to the other side?) or use the sewers again. However if you get cought, hell will break loose. Maybe there is a third option?
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Hm...well, hell. Dwarves aren't made for sneaking. I'd ask about the rooftops but Dwarves aren't made for leaping about either. Maybe the social route? Is there perhaps someone who could smuggle us across? Or maybe a caster who could teleport us?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

What about a distraction? We could pay someone off to make a big scene and have the guards all rush em, then casually stroll through in the confusion. We got gold?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 pm

No, I have 2 silver.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Kurgen got permission to use the supplies and means of the embassy. For your disguise you acquired goods of about 10 gold coins as well as some coins to spare.

The people on the streets mostly belong to the categories: the watchmen, thugs, citizens of varied wealth and profession from peon to dwarven craftsman to rich merchant, and outsiders doing business. Since you are near the dwarven district you see many of the short people.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 am

Do I recognize any of my kin? Anyone trustworthy?

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Kurgen: (Perception:2) You think you recognize a beard, (roll random encounter table: 13) but you don't like it. Arbrax usually is bad news. Once a tough fighter he is past his prime. When he isn't drunk he usually is looking either for a fight or for a way to get drunk again. Right now he seems to be sobber. He is sitting on a part of a barricade (a cart turned over and some wooden boxes) and is egding his axe slowly while he watches the crowd. A group of three is hanging around nearby. You would describe them as "definitively not trustworthy". It doesn't take a genius to guess that they, too, are out for the bounty.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Well, crap.

Arbrax. Gods Above. Scum sucking fatherless troll toucher. Why am I not surprised to find him here? I guide the others carefully away from the barricade, careful to put as much of the crowd between us as possible. I look quickly about for a building to duck into or a road to turn onto. Trying to cross the barricade this way is simply too risky. The majority of the times I've come across Arbrax, he was deep into his cups. I have no legitimate idea what his capabilities are now that he's alert. I understand he was once a proud warrior and I've been through enough to know that you don't screw around with old, hungry dogs if you can help it.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 pm

I recognize the look of disdain on my companion's face. "Kurgen, you know that dwarf? I think I know how he might be useful..."

I find the biggest, meanest looking thug and walk by him. I flash him a coin for his attention. "You look like a pretty good brawler, tall stuff. But do you see that dwarf over there? I've heard he's the toughest this side of the city - of men or dwarves. I'm not sure how much I believe that, but I am bored and dying to see a good rumble to shake up the... 'jolly' atmosphere we've had lately. I'd gladly pay you 5 gold to see you try and take him... and 5 more if you actually win."

Once the fight starts and the guards intervene, we slip past the checkpoint.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 am

Principally a good idea.
Nebul: You tempt the thug with your few spare coins and immedialy see the greed flash in his eyes (Persuade: 2, he counters: 17). You now have his full attention. Maybe a little too much... (Thug perception:20), but he doesn't recognize you. He takes your money with a evil smile on his face and gets moving.
"Hey Arbrax. Good to smell you, old pal. Remember the money you still owe me? Probably not. You were so stinking drunk they threw you out of the gutters."
The brawl quickly growths in size and soon the watchmen are forced to intervene. As if they had waited for this chance, the brawlers change target and instead of each other they attack the guards. You seize the opportunity and merge with the fleeing crowd. Soon you are out of sight and well within the dwarven district. Now it is only a matter of minutes to find Grimbold's Workshop. You hope the thug doesn't remember the remaining 5 gold crowns you promised him.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:04 pm

I can't help but grin widely as we scurry away. "Damn, son, but that was impressive back there. I never would have thought of something so devious." While I'm certain most of my fellows would've disapproved, I am equally certain that I am not like most Dwarves.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Fukken high five time.

"Pit evil versus evil is what I always say. It's why I embraced necromancy in the first place. Now let's hurry to the safehouse..."

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Fukken high five time.