Mar-Zhans

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Masterweaver
BrikWars Legend

Mar-Zhans

Post by Masterweaver » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:57 pm

"Yeah, breaking their arms is easy. You just hafta look out for the way they'll build themselves a new arm and get right back up."
--Rover Drover, immediately before being slain by a rogue Mar-Zhan

-----

Roughly fifteen or fourteen years ago, a small squad of explorers and prospectors traced pings of Transparent Piece energy to the seemingly dead planet of Zhan, located in close orbit around a high-radiation sun. While they were probing the surface, one of the rovers was caught up in a sudden dust trail... a dust trail kicked up by a strange minifig on a hoverscooter. This was the first encounter between galaktik civilization and the Mar-Zhan race.

Mar-Zhans had adapted to their harsh homeworld with a unique evolution trait; they would literally eat Green Transparent elements, exploiting the regenerative abilities long enough to repair themselves with cybernetic enhancements. Their odd-shaped brains were remarkably competent at creating things out of various resources, and they had developed long-range methods of locating any sort of transparent element to use in their constructions. This allowed them to overcome their relative fraility and develop a thriving civilization.

They foolishly welcomed the minifigs with open arms. A year later, Zhan was blown up. Now the Mar-Zhan travel the galaxy, a race of tinkerers, mechanics, and prospecters... with the odd philosphy that it isn't how many enemies you kill that gets you honor, it's how many battles you survive. Every single Mar-Zhan is a wimp... but they are intelligent wimps capable of juryrigging mechas in a matter of hours and not to be underestimated.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Re: Mar-Zhans

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:46 pm

sounds cool i wish you luck in making your army

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:17 pm

Eating green-transparent? Sounds like you'll have some competition with the Zupponn Mining Corporation.

Also, if I recall correctly, the Bavarians killed one of your ambassadors.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27 am

Colette wrote:Eating green-transparent? Sounds like you'll have some competition with the Zupponn Mining Corporation.

This is really weird that he mentions the GT when in Silva's Soap Opera, they are being oppressed by the ZMC for their GT as well.

Either way, I like the backstory. :D

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 am

Holy shit, nice weaving, Weaver.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:Eating green-transparent? Sounds like you'll have some competition with the Zupponn Mining Corporation.

This is really weird that he mentions the GT when in Silva's Soap Opera, they are being oppressed by the ZMC for their GT as well.

Me and Weaver have been collaborating on this story for a while now.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Masterweaver
BrikWars Legend

Post by Masterweaver » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:

Me and Weaver have been collaborating on this story for a while now.
Hahaha no.

This is more a "species" background then a "Faction" background. Like, there are minifigs, but they're split into a lot of different factions. Same with the Mar-Zahns. I'm not saying that Silva's soap opera contradicts this--on the contrary, I'm trying to be as accommodating as possible.

And in an effort to be accommodating, can anyone direct me to mechanical stats for previous uses of this model?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:00 am

Masterweaver wrote:And in an effort to be accommodating, can anyone direct me to mechanical stats for previous uses of this model?
I don't believe anything has been directly recorded; and if it has, screw it. I want to see what you do with it. There's plenty of room in our toybox for a few conflicting stories.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.