BFenix's Artwork - UPDATE: Battletech p.2

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Warhead
kaka pants

Re: BFenix's Artwork Thread UPDATE: 24Mar

Post by Warhead » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

I like the style, kinda gnarled and gritty... the art, not you... probably not you anyway :D

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Warhead wrote:I like the style, kinda gnarled and gritty... the art, not you... probably not you anyway :D
I'll let you hold on to that judgement since I'm planning on making a self portrait in this style :P

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon May 12, 2014 5:26 pm

My teammate took this shot of me on last weekend's Airsoft OP our team hosted. I played with the pic a bit to make the awesome colors stick out a bit more.

More info on the game here in case you're interested: http://blitzfenix.deviantart.com/art/Su ... -453555319

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: BFenix's Artwork Thread UPDATE: 12May

Post by BFenix » Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Why so serious? :P So there's my mug shot. I think it came out alright, perhaps a bit overdone in coloring the beard. I did it based on a profile pic I had laying around. Played a bit with gradients and shading in PS. Let's see if I can apply this properly in future paintings. Enjoyed doing the little oriental-styled signature.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: BFenix's Artwork Thread UPDATE: 28May

Post by Tzan » Tue May 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Looks good!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am

Tzan wrote:Looks good!
Thanks man!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat May 31, 2014 8:35 am

BEHOLD, MORTALS! CRUMBLE IN FEAR, FOR YOUR STEEL SHALL BE TESTED WITH THE ARRIVAL, OF THE PANTHEON OF THE METAL GODS!

http://blitzfenix.deviantart.com/art/MORTIS-457603779

"Alis aut vincula ferro aut tempore caelum, anima mea." - "On wings or shackles, by steel or time, heaven or hell, your soul is mine." ~ MORTIS, Death Metal God

And nearly after two whole days, I proudly present you guys, Mortis. The God of Death Metal and the First Metal God in my Pantheon series I intend on doing. One God for each genre/sub-genre I deem worthy.

This piece was a HUGE development in my digital skill set IMHO, although it started out as a quick pencil sketch. I tried lots of new things I wasn't really comfortable or wholly aware of doing in PS. Using stock textures, extensive use of gradients and tons of layering work back and forth.

-

MORTIS is one of the oldest God's in the Pantheon. He's been around since the Metal Gods fiddled with Life, and consequentially, its termination. Though not exactly a malignant God, Mortis is a morbidly fathomable entity, to say the least. He sees such things as biological immortality and necromancy as acts of defiance against the natural order of Life and Death, and so, condemns those who practice such things. He cares not for the deeds accomplished by the living, as long as they live and eventually die. No matter if you were rich or poor, good or bad, peasant or king. All living comply to Mortis's demands when their time comes.

As such, Mortis holds the power of countless, infinite souls and his manifestation to "our" world is very constant and present, as common as death itself, naturally. Although not possessing control over the 4th dimension, Time, he monitors it, in all existences, through his Hourglass chained to his guitar's headstock.

The Ax' itself (inspired by the hellish Bastard V), is the instrument used to reap the souls of the fallen. Much like the scythe's blade, the vibrations of his strings echo through the universe and reach its every corner, with brutal, dissonant, crushing, distortion-dosed riffs that break any barrier imposed, either be slowly battering them, or swooshing maniacally with unstoppable death n' roll rhythm.

It is rather difficult to interpret visually a cosmic entity such as a Metal God, but generically, Mortis is depicted as the Grim Reaper, with large, pale, claw-like hands that provide the Touch of Death and extra reach on his Ax's fretboard. In terms of visage, they say that peeking under Mortis's hood is staring at Death itself. No surprise, eh.

-

Also, props for these bands for the soundtrack while I worked on this:

Entrails
Entombed
Vader
Primordial
Malevolent Creation

Any ideas or suggestions on who the next God should be??

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: BFenix's Artwork - UPDATE: 31May (MORTIS)

Post by Silverdream » Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 am

:666:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:56 pm

If you don't do a Viking metal god, I will be extremely disappointed. Also, you could make Nu-metal a tiny little creature that none of the gods really want to associate themselves with.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat May 31, 2014 6:54 pm

Awesome. And the writeup just made it even better. What other gods are you planning?

I could see:

Death Metal
Power Metal
Progressive Metal
Doom Metal
Thrash Metal
Black Metal

and for the lols
Hair Metal

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Zupponn wrote:Awesome. And the writeup just made it even better. What other gods are you planning?

I could see:

Death Metal
Power Metal
Progressive Metal
Doom Metal
Thrash Metal
Black Metal

and for the lols
Hair Metal
Thanks guys.

And so far, you're spot on, Zupps! I too believe those are the prominent genres. However, Doom will prove to be a challenge. I got most Gods covered expect that one.
aoffan23 wrote:If you don't do a Viking metal god, I will be extremely disappointed. Also, you could make Nu-metal a tiny little creature that none of the gods really want to associate themselves with.
I could give it a try, but you see, "Viking Metal" is more of a theme than an actual genre, since it contains elements of Doom, Death and even Thrash, and I'd like to focus on the "main" Gods first, before we have a never ending theological tree of deities.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:00 am

Wow!

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

BFenix made this lovely photoshop for me. It's the Trattorian Department Chairs Drs. Pang and Ong in the past, when they were close lab partners instead of the bitter rivals they are now.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: BFenix's Artwork - UPDATE: 30July (Trattorian Nature)

Post by Vami IV » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:58 am

This thread is fukin' epic.
:666: :666:

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: BFenix's Artwork - UPDATE: 30July (Trattorian Nature)

Post by BFenix » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:48 am

I felt like doing a quick portrait of Professor Twist'Ed.