Warhammer

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Re: Warhammer

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 am

Also, will you all stop yelling about money? How much money do we shell out on Lego, I'm not comparing prices, I'm just saying we spend a lot of money on Lego overall. And while yes, lego is infinate creativity, warhammer Has its own speacial quailitys, also there are plenty Cool people in the 40k community, are we not Somwhst pricky here when it comes to brikwars? Also, as I said before, you can find. Bargains on places like eBay and amazon

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:the amount of work put into the lore is by far better than anything we do here.
The amount of work is far more than what we do here, just by virtue of them being a company putting some forty years of professional work into it while we've only just gotten around to getting a wiki. Whether their lore is better is a matter of some debate. I might say that theirs was pretty good thirty years ago, when they knew their lore was self-wanking mary-sue shit, but they made the shittiness part of the joke, rather than now, when their lore is still shit but they dedicate the entire force of their corporate monolith to pretending that it isn't.
Quantumsurfer wrote:I appreciate the creativity I see here much more than the overblown, pretentious, narratives I see out of them. And we have overblown, pretentious narratives here too, so that's saying something. As for nonsensical...well, 40K has us beat hands down.
Pretentiousness is awesome in the right context, structured and engineered to take the piss out of itself through its sheer overblowing. I will always fight to make sure BrikWars is never taken seriously the way that 40k is.
The Shadowscythe wrote:This is also retroactive in each direction. Past lore. Dildos. Future lore. Dildos. Forever. Cocks.
Added to the wiki: Kanon
Maverick wrote:Fails argument and employs more stupidity to escape
Ha ha, you're just mad because Brikguy understands BrikWars forum "arguments" better than you do. As long as you're trying to "win" then he will always defeat you.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:29 pm

stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:This is also retroactive in each direction. Past lore. Dildos. Future lore. Dildos. Forever. Cocks.
Added to the wiki: Kanon
This both fills me with mirth and joy. Mirth for the fact of omfgwtfbbq battleships for a kanon worthy quote. Joy for an eternity of Cocks. . . . Waaaaiiit.

However, since when did I become a named interpretation of kanon? Sweet jaysus that is skirting close to anorakism.

This can only been one thing. I need to make myself as a quantum surfer or magical girl. This is all far too serious for my liking.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Silverdream wrote:Even da orks?
Just.
stubby wrote:I will always fight to make sure BrikWars is never taken seriously the way that 40k is.
Good.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:45 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:This can only been one thing. I need to make myself as a quantum surfer or magical girl. This is all far too serious for my liking.
But don't you realize, the power was inside you all along. You were the very first of the quantum surfer magical schoolgirls.

Quantumsurfer wrote:
stubby wrote:I will always fight to make sure BrikWars is never taken seriously the way that 40k is.
Good.
And hopefully the rest of you will help me by continuing to write stuff that's both way too overblown and pretentious and also ridiculous and terrible in pisstaking aspect.
Silverdream wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:As for the Lore thing. No. Disagree. Entirely. I appreciate the creativity I see here much more than the overblown, pretentious, narratives I see out of them. And we have overblown, pretentious narratives here too, so that's saying something. As for nonsensical...well, 40K has us beat hands down.
Even da orks?
Once da orks got explained by genetically-encoded information and gestalt psychic powers and growing from spores, everything that was once cool about them is now lame. It's like GW saw what George Lucas did when he changed the Force to midichlorians, and they said "wow, we could totally do that to orks!"

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Orks#History

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:04 pm

As soon as Squats were axed, I think Games Workshop decided that they didn't like fun.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:the amount of work put into the lore is by far better than anything we do here.
True because of the reasons stubby already mentioned, but also false at the same time. My problem with the w40k universe is how painfully static it is. Like, nothing happens that affects the status quo in a major way forward. The only plot "progression" I ever encountered was retconning (ie: orks becoming fungi, necrons turning into eccentric space robot Egyptians, Tau "grimdarkification" (they legit added details how joining the greater good actually means internment camps and sterilizing species so that they couldn't reproduce)).
Brikguy0410 wrote:Also, will you all stop yelling about money? How much money do we shell out on Lego, I'm not comparing prices, I'm just saying we spend a lot of money on Lego overall.
I know I'm comparing apples to oranges and probably talking out of my arse, but lego is much better value for money, in terms of bulk and recyclability. The best reuse GW kits have is to try to sell them for a newbie kid who wants to get into the thing.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Brikguy0410

Post by Brikguy0410 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Back I'm the 80s I guess 40k used to have a lot of common with brikwars, but then the creators became enthralled to the chaos gods and it all went downhill from there.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:13 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote: This can only been one thing. I need to make myself as a quantum surfer or magical girl. This is all far too serious for my liking.
Don't worry scythe, Overwatch 4: No Gloves No Loves will include several new QuantumSurfer characters.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:Back I'm the 80s I guess 40k used to have a lot of common with brikwars, but then the creators became enthralled to the chaos gods and it all went downhill from there.
No, worse. They started opposing the chaos gods instead of embracing them. Chaos was everything that was good in 40k.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Zahru II wrote:
True because of the reasons stubby already mentioned, but also false at the same time. My problem with the w40k universe is how painfully static it is. Like, nothing happens that affects the status quo in a major way forward. The only plot "progression" I ever encountered was retconning (ie: orks becoming fungi, necrons turning into eccentric space robot Egyptians, Tau "grimdarkification" (they legit added details how joining the greater good actually means internment camps and sterilizing species so that they couldn't reproduce)).
I've heard rumors that they're actually going to be addressing this. Apparently they're going to go back and either retcon or redo the Eye of Terror campaign, and then they'll continue to advance the meta from there.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 am

stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Image

Yes, they do seem to forget don't they . . .

. . . that I was the first to don my pretty little dress . . .

. . . well, its time for my Magical Surfer abilities to shine . . . KYUN!
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:54 am

I'm so glad this thread has actually been productive.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Brikguy0410

Post by Brikguy0410 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 pm

stubby wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:Back I'm the 80s I guess 40k used to have a lot of common with brikwars, but then the creators became enthralled to the chaos gods and it all went downhill from there.
No, worse. They started opposing the chaos gods instead of embracing them. Chaos was everything that was good in 40k.
well that and necrons of course

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:01 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:Image

. . . well, its time for my Magical Surfer abilities to shine . . . KYUN!
Shit Just Got Real.