My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Falk » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Use the Farce to get whoever wants to get onto the cruiser on it, then jump up on it if I can.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Use one of the cigarette charges to blow a powerful smoke ring at the yellow ship, hopefully damaging it or at least destabilizing it.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:27 pm

"Ha-Ha! Now you're speaking my language! Let's get right down to business!"

Try to use the deflected red tape to contractually bind the malicious spirit to me. To facilitate aggressive negotiations, I'll spend 1 CP to engage in a corporate buyout of its holdings (attempt to make him my Thrall). If I can secure the spirit, have it take care of the mate in the hovercraft next to me.

Then, use my leverage on one of the axe blades to throw one savage from his horse and, hopefully, smash him into the other one.

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Vami IV wrote:Take one of the Ancient's fallen blades and continue moving to the city. If someone could Magix the Horselord and I into the Cruiser, that'd be great.
Everything I've written in my orders plus leave half the cyborgs to guard the dead.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:38 pm

lordintype wrote:
Vami IV wrote:Take one of the Ancient's fallen blades and continue moving to the city. If someone could Magix the Horselord and I into the Cruiser, that'd be great.
Everything I've written in my orders plus leave half the cyborgs to guard the dead.
Bah, a pity. Same jig, but with less ninja-ing.

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 am

Well if I'm going to get magixxed into the cruiser I feel like my giant lance will be ineffective, right?
What exactly can I keep in my inventory? Would I be able to stash my spear in there to use a weapon more suited for CQB?

If I would be able to stash my spear away and it won't anger the Ancients, grab a sword or something from the dead (I see a rifle maybe in the wreckage?) Just toss anything into my inventory (if possible), I won't need it unless I'm sent into the cruiser or some other tight space.
If I'm not going to get teleported away, keep moving towards the city to support the other heroes there.

--Quick change: grab a heavy weapon from the immediate area and keep the lance equipped. Otherwise the current orders are fine.
Last edited by Dienekes22 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Yes! Gambit paid off, now I'm going to use my SN dice to levitate myself up onto the roof, (if anyone wants to give me a boost I'd appreciate it) then I will use my remaining SN dice to enchant my gun with penetration/phasing (a la the ToJ grey team) so that I can shoot the pirate inside the yellow fighter without having to shoot the fighter itself. After I shoot him (estimating where the pilot is from the underside shouldn't make me be firing blind, I'd think, although a -1 to skill might happen) I will get into the Space Mafia limo and pilot it to the ground, landing it in an open space near the civilians. Then I will get out and allow someone with the Piloting ability to get in. (depending on if we're using 2005 or 2010 rules, if I can I will fire the weapons at the Savage army.)

Also, Law/Garth should make for the open battlefield, since he's both more useful there and less likely to get shot by NoxSec.

Also, did I use my/other people's SN dice in the skill roll? It didn't seem to be mentioned but we put that in our orders.
Last edited by Scratch on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Use my action to sprint over to the other side of the sewer plant over to where flash is, and if the chance comes up, board the space mafia car that they left for us.

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:26 pm

attempt to hit spacebeard with the beam sabre, if he blocks it, i use the opening to put him on the bad end of a point-blank laser rifle shot, if he dies, do the take control of the pirates thing,if he survives, guys, i could use some help up here help

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Scratch wrote:then I will use my remaining SN dice to enchant my gun with penetration/phasing (a la the ToJ grey team) so that I can shoot the pirate inside the yellow fighter .)
Don't.
Steal.
My.
Kill.

Pick a different fighter.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Whoops must have missed that, shoot whichever pirate is in range and save SN for defense then.
Zupponn wrote:
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Scratch wrote:depending on if we're using 2005 or 2010 rules, if I can I will fire the weapons at the Savage army.
I'm trying to stick to the 2010 rules as much as I can (with a small coating of fudge here and there).
Scratch wrote:Also, did I use my/other people's SN dice in the skill roll? It didn't seem to be mentioned but we put that in our orders.
I have to admit that some orders were more difficult to follow as they were splitted/changed over multiple posts. Also, the large number of player (18 at this time) didn't make it easier so I really tried to do my best. I only considered orders given after the previous update (Jaras, for example, ordered to help you during the turn before the last but his orders for the last turn were to be ready to defend himself).

This is how SN dices were spent during the last turn:
- Jaras kept his for defense (but he wasn't attacked).
- Carlos used them to attack a pirate: one to increase range, one to add damage and one to increase his skill roll (I can't recall if it was the skill or the damage roll that ended being too low but anyway the result is the same)
- Flash and Vera were not involved in the negotiation
- The Wagemage used his SN dice to add range to his melee attack, thus avoiding a counterattack from his target (he needed part of his movement to get to the white horse and the rest to try to reach the pirate ship but the kick from the horse made him lose a few inches).

And then the Space Detective rolled a 2 for skill and another 2 with his supernatural dice, for a grand total of... 3! (because of the -1 skill penalty per SN dice used).. Hence the disappointment :lol:

Should I include more details about the dice rolls? Would that be appreciated by players?
Dienekes22 wrote:Well if I'm going to get magixxed into the cruiser I feel like my giant lance will be ineffective, right?
What exactly can I keep in my inventory? Would I be able to stash my spear in there to use a weapon more suited for CQB?
If I would be able to stash my spear away and it won't anger the Ancients, grab a sword or something from the dead (I see a rifle maybe in the wreckage?) Just toss anything into my inventory (if possible), I won't need it unless I'm sent into the cruiser or some other tight space.
If I'm not going to get teleported away, keep moving towards the city to support the other heroes there.
The general rule for inventory is:
Any object that would reasonnably fit on a belt, inside a pocket or around your neck can be carried in the character belt (6 slots).
Of course, fudge and creativity are always welcome to bend that rule: I fudged that Carlos' shotgun has a strap so it fell under the "around your neck / shoulder strap" category. In the case of the Space Detective, he has two "bottomless pockets" so he can put almost anything in those slots.

In your case, I'm not sure that such a big weapon should be allowed in your inventory.. but on the other hand, I don't see the problem to fight with it on the Noxarian cruiser. I'm confident that an efficient angry inch/movement management (which is not your problem but mine!) will allow you to fight enemies even inside the cruiser.
About that gun, I double checked for available loot around your position and all the ranged weapons were taken by the first group of heroes. There are only some armor pieces (useless for you as you are already in full armor) and a few heavy and two-handed weapons left. The gun carried by one of the Ancient was destroyed by the Space Pirates but feel free to kill another Ancient and steal his gun ;)

Still need orders from:
- Kapitan Bomba (Duerer)
- The Warg (alphafalcon541)
- Captain Flash Maxwell / SCS Avoidance Mk.II (Lord Mercat)
- Garth Sneakyheadsmasher (Lawmaster)
- Noxarian Security (Bad Wolf)

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:43 pm

Wouldn't I have had a 2D6 pool since I was holding the Pimp Staff? Because the breakdown you posted only mentioned one. I would say that showing the rolls aren't always needed, but sometimes I might ask about a roll for clarification purposes.
Zupponn wrote:

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Damn.. I completely forgot about the staff. It's a good thing you mention it.

So we will do as discussed in chat ;)

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. I'll edit my orders a tad.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -