Codex Perwar

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Codex Perwar

Post by Zahru II » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:30 pm

Previously:
Nipponia
Zahru goes into SPACE

Project Perwar is the "for reals this time" attempt at branching out to the realms of sci-fi Brikwars. It is still in WIP status, however now I can present some of the more interesting factions I have been amassing over the past year.

The wiki page for Perwar is still in progress, but the basic premise is that Perwar is a separate sector in the main Brikverse. It was colonized by Future-ons, whom later rebranded themselves as Unytron and employed a rather isolationist policy, which cut off the sector for quite a while from the rest of the brikverse. Their reign was toppled by a joint assault Blacktron/Spyrius crime syndicates, which left all three factions in shambles, and the sector in anarchy. After a brief period of chaos, the colonies reorganized themselves, renounced the Unytron and formed the United Perwar Colonies, which is the main ruling force throughout the sector to this day.

Project Perwar is about:
- Minifig-scale, pulp sci-fi adventures and battles on land and potentially in space

Project Perwar is not aiming to indulge in the following:
- Micro-scale
- LDD related projects (though some models may receive .lxf backups)
- "politics"

There are many factions and forces in Perwar and in this post I'll show off the more 'OC'-ish forces I have. These are roughly complete/80% complete for my liking:

The Galactic Patrol

Previously:
GP Assault Bike
Steel Battalion
Apex Nemean

The Galactic Patrol is a catch-all name for all the various peacekeeping forces that UPC maintain to keep the sector clear.
Divisions include galactic marines, space police (not pictured), space rangers (a terrestrial branch of space police), aerial defense units (pilots), and various mechanized platoons. This is probably the most "complete" of all my factions, though it still lacks in term of spacecraft.

The Planetcrackers

Previously:
Brawler Suit

The Planetcrackers are the most influential mining corporation in the sector, and are invaluable allies of the Galactic Patrol. Their wealth and power is demonstrated by being able to maintain their own corps of galactic marines to safeguard mining operations. As a minor faction, I'm pretty much satisfied with this force the way it is.

The Blargh Star Empire

Not much is known about the Blargh Star Empire, as they have only recently shown up in the sector. They seek to conquer the sector, under the guise of integrating everyone under one banner - shame Perwarians have already had a taste of that and thus are not the biggest fan of it. The Blargh's strength comes from biotechnology and splicing ABS genes to create specialized (if somewhat ugly) warrior strains. This army is reaching its final stages but needs a little more work.

That's all for now, I'll post again when I got a large enough chunk of new-ish stuff to present!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Codex Perwar

Post by Zupponn » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Everything looks really good. I'm a little partial to the Planetcrackers, but that's for fairly obvious reasons.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Zupponn wrote:Everything looks really good. I'm a little partial to the Planetcrackers, but that's for fairly obvious reasons.
Although rather unrelated, their hero is obviously Gordon Figman, on the far left.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Yeah! Awesome!

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 am

I have to say they all look great!
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

Fanstastic stuff. Can't wait for the forum battles!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Now for something different - although most of it are just slightly tweaked sets:

THE SWARM

Little is known about the Swarm as of current in-universe, other than there's a lot of them and they wanna eat everything - they fit under your usual ravenous spacebugs archetype. This is a pretty fun army to collect/amass - the small spacebugs are really cute and I just want have more and more of them! Also this is the first army that has some actual crunch to go with it, not just a bunch of models thrown together for a group shot:
Spoiler
Show

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Zahru II wrote:Now for something different - although most of it are just slightly tweaked sets:
About time we had some alieny starship troopery things
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:22 am

Based on your feedback and battlefield experience, I tweaked a few units:

The obvious change here is the damage nerf (1d6 from the original 1d6+2). I wasn't too confident in swarmlings initially, hence I gave them a "heavy weapon" like attack. Turns out abusing charge, along with their special ability makes them incredibly strong already, so they have no need for extra damage.

I had mixed reactions with the broodmender - it was able to do what it was supposed to just about fine, but I was not sure if the payoff for its gimmick was rewarding enough. The main idea behind the unit is to have a support creature that would be able to maintain the illusion of a neverending swarm. However it might have been too slow in its original iteration, where the player essentially had to trade 2d6 damage for 1d6+2 damage - not that hot of a deal, is it? Also the unit itself might have been a little squishy. The revised broodmender is supposed to fix these issues - its ability requires more swarmling corpses, but now players can adjust how quick they wanna accumulate points, and also they can switch between single target or a configurable 2d6 points of damage.

The SB suit had poor armor value and had to toggle between either using its rifle or its rockets each turn. These changes will hopefully make the mech a little more viable.

Obviously the benefits of most of these changes will not be present until they're tried and tested in actual combat scenarios. Nevertheless, what do you think? Are some of the changes over/still underpowered? Is the wording clear enough? Let me know!

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm

I definitely like the change to the broodmender. Being able to choose between slower but losing nothing and faster but riskier definitely sounds more tactically interesting.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:33 pm

I made a mech for the Tengu (one of the more morally ambigous birdfolk factions in Perwar)

I'm calling it 'Raven Lord':

No idea for stats yet.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:41 pm

My thought process went, "Hey why'd zahru post this this cool looking transformer in the armory?" then I looked at it for a second, and then I was like "Holy shit that's just a really well built mech." Very very smooth and well done, Love it. :tiger:
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 pm

Hot damn that mech is nifty. I've always loved dark red and black as a color scheme.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Oh god the pilot has to clip his wings to fly it.

But in reality the mech is sweet, I love the horns on it.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Scratch wrote:My thought process went, "Hey why'd zahru post this this cool looking transformer in the armory?" then I looked at it for a second, and then I was like "Holy shit that's just a really well built mech." Very very smooth and well done, Love it. :tiger:
Obviously, there was more thn meets the eye.