BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Re: BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Post by AZKAMAT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:22 pm

Question: Will we ever gain the ability to attach decimal or negative values to special abilities. Especially with minifigs a lot of their special abilities just aren't worth 1 CP, but are worth 0.5 CP. Others are disadvantages that should make the unit cost less (I.E. make the ability have a negative value). I used the generator yesterday and still could not make use of this kind of math and was wondering if I ever would.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Maddox wrote:Where can I find .png or .psd files for the statcard template which the generator uses? I prefer making my stat cards with Photoshop (a lot faster to me), but I'd like to have a statcards with size stat like the ones in your generator.
Yeah sure thing, see this topic: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13460

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:06 pm

I know you can zoom in on images, but can we get an option to zoom out? A lot of the pics I use end up being a little too close up.
You can only zoom out max. so that the picture barely but still completely covers the frame.
Question: Will we ever gain the ability to attach decimal or negative values to special abilities. Especially with minifigs a lot of their special abilities just aren't worth 1 CP, but are worth 0.5 CP. Others are disadvantages that should make the unit cost less
This is now possible. You can specify negative values and .5 values as well. Note that the statcard only updates after the cursor left the cost field now.
Also, could we possibly get an option for a bigger layout? Something like a full-page sheet?
Only if someone were to supply the assets for that in the format I need them to be.
I also noticed that adding Armor Plating does not double the cost of Move Inches, as it should.
I cannot reproduce that.
Also, can we get a feature for adding Field Hazards?
No.
I dunno about the rest of you, but when I'm looking at the statcard generator, it's giving me a cost of 1 CP for Minifig Armor Plating (or Heavy Armor). Can we get this fixed to account for the (Size +1) CP cost of Armor plating?
Fixed.
So I asked Stubby about if Special Abilities scaled with size (like they currently do on the generator), and he said they don't.
Those special abilities are just templates, if you think that the cost should not scale with size, you can simply change the cost in the costs field to what you wish.

Volcore
BrikWars Legend

Post by Volcore » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:58 pm

I've made a few stat cards 4 my armay, but, what should i do for the size of minifgures? What is the default size of one, I've measured them and they are about 1.5 inches, so should i just put the size as 1?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Volcore wrote:I've made a few stat cards 4 my armay, but, what should i do for the size of minifgures? What is the default size of one, I've measured them and they are about 1.5 inches, so should i just put the size as 1?
Arms and legs don't count. They're 1 inch.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Braidrock
Demi-God of BrikWars

BW 2010 Statcard Generator - Damage Question

Post by Braidrock » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:02 pm

In the rulebook it stats that damage is based on the skill dice. The generator doesn't reflect this when I create a heroic or expert minded mini-figure. His damage remains based on the weapon. Which is right?

Awesome tool! Thanks,

Braidrock

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: BW 2010 Statcard Generator - Damage Question

Post by RedRover » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Braidrock wrote:In the rulebook it stats that damage is based on the skill dice. The generator doesn't reflect this when I create a heroic or expert minded mini-figure. His damage remains based on the weapon. Which is right?

Awesome tool! Thanks,

Braidrock
It use to be based on weapon but is now based mostly on skill. basically just replace and dice (d6, d8, d10, ect.) with a skill dice. So a weapon that did 1d6 + 2 now does 1SD + 2. Most minfigs have a skill of d6 anyways, so it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Braidrock
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by Braidrock » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:18 pm

THANKS!

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Re: BW 2010 Statcard Generator - Damage Question

Post by runnybabbit223 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:39 am

RedRover wrote:
Braidrock wrote:In the rulebook it stats that damage is based on the skill dice. The generator doesn't reflect this when I create a heroic or expert minded mini-figure. His damage remains based on the weapon. Which is right?

Awesome tool! Thanks,

Braidrock
It use to be based on weapon but is now based mostly on skill. basically just replace and dice (d6, d8, d10, ect.) with a skill dice. So a weapon that did 1d6 + 2 now does 1SD + 2. Most minfigs have a skill of d6 anyways, so it shouldn't make too much of a difference.
I'm not up to date on the rules so can someone please explain this to me? What is written here makes no sense at all.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:27 pm

The damage of melee weapons used to be a fixed value depending on the size of the weapon. So the bigger the melee weapon the more d6's of damage it would deal when striking it's targets. This was changed later so the damage of melee weapons is now depended on the skill die of the unit wieling it. Do where a two handed weapon used to do 2d6 of damage it now does the same 2d6 of damage when a normal minifg is wielding it, but 2d8 for expert units with a skill of 1d8 and 2d10 for heroes with a skill of 1d10.
This is to represent the fact that stronger/higher-skilled units would logically do more damage with the same weapons and makes it so that heroes and officers can be the true heavy hitter they are supposed to be.
Does this clear it up a little for you?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:21 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:The damage of melee weapons used to be a fixed value depending on the size of the weapon. So the bigger the melee weapon the more d6's of damage it would deal when striking it's targets. This was changed later so the damage of melee weapons is now depended on the skill die of the unit wieling it. Do where a two handed weapon used to do 2d6 of damage it now does the same 2d6 of damage when a normal minifg is wielding it, but 2d8 for expert units with a skill of 1d8 and 2d10 for heroes with a skill of 1d10.
This is to represent the fact that stronger/higher-skilled units would logically do more damage with the same weapons and makes it so that heroes and officers can be the true heavy hitter they are supposed to be.
Does this clear it up a little for you?
Yeah thanks, that all makes sense now. :D
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:18 am

I created a diff of the rules the last time I updated it and how they are now. I identified the following changes that are relevant to the statcard generator:
  • changed the damage of any minifig(?) melee weapon from d6 to skill dice
  • short ranged weapons can now be paired
  • new defaults for propulsion:
    ground 10
    water 8
    fly 12
  • creation can have several minds (replaces multitasking)
Question: What about the damage of non-minifig weapons? E.g. if a hero pilots a mecha with a size 5 sword, he rolls the skill with a d10, but does he do 5d10 damage or 5d6?

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am

he would get 5d10 damage.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:54 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:he would get 5d10 damage.
Is that your opinion or can you cite the rulebook or stubby somewhere?

Also, this is only for melee weapons, correct?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:07 am

That's the official rules. All weapon damages are listed in 8.1. http://brikwars.com/rules/2010/8.htm#1
Close Combat Weapons
Melee Weapon: Cost:(Size)x2CP Use:(Size)+1 Range:CC Damage:(Size)xSkill die
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?