RedRover's Factions Revamped

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

RedRover's Factions Revamped

Post by RedRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm

RedRover's Factions

Somewhat stealing Silent Sigfig’s idea, I have decided to restructure my factions page. One faction will be featured per post, but I may lump some of the smaller groups into a single post. Please feel free to comment and critique, criticism is welcomed. If any of the factions interest you in use for soaps and forum battles, let me know (I love cameos!). If you also want me to take more pictures of certain things, I can do that as well. Hope you guys enjoy!

Fun Fact: All my factions are standing, meaning, they all exist together at the same time! I do not have to take some apart to make others.

Table of Contents

Empires (factions with large governments and multiple systems)
Imperial Magikstrate
Technocratic Union
House Fang of Planet Draykarus
Empire Mointseeir
Republic of Ranggor
Declax Commonwealth
The UgoKanai Empire

Groups (organizations, war-bands, or groups that would not be considered empires)
Gentlemen's Crime Syndicate
Undead Spacemen
Blue Vipers
Cult of Brikthulu
Wizard's Tribunal
Mercenary Guild
Blacktron Raiders
The Paladins

Novium (a futuristic take on fantasy factions, exists outside of the Nehellenium Galaxy) Link
Dwarven Kingdom of Dag Loduhr
Dawn Elves of the Misty Isles
Undead Swarm
BlackRock Horde
Human Guilds
Twilight Elves of the Western Woods
Hellfire Legion
Celestial Order
Dusk Elves of the Winterlands
Mentiock, The Sunken Ones

Cameos (based off other people's stuff, they also fit into the above categories)
Britannian League: Magenta Colony
United Systems Alliance: Jackson Naval Base Security Force
Assyrian Star Empire: Assyrian Technologies - 01 (Nova Corps)
Celestial Kingdom: Feudal State of Jīn Dàn
Allied Nations' Peacekeepers
Immortals: Zeta Legion
Polandia: Kommandosy z JW GROM
M-Throne

No Longer Exist (usually cannibalized for other factions)
Dwarven Marauders NO LONGER EXIST
Animal Kingdom NO LONGER EXIST
Dumbledork's Army NO LONGER EXIST
Bavaria: House Falkenstein NO LONGER EXIST
Trion: Rujzâs' Retinue NO LONGER EXIST
Freedom System of Murica: Jack Henry's Squad NO LONGER EXIST
Al-Kind-Of Rebels NO LONGER EXIST
USSSR: Sonya Orlova's Battlegroup NO LONGER EXIST
Bhārata Spice Traders NO LONGER EXIST
City of Trago Militia NO LONGER EXIST
Conrad's Condors NO LONGER EXIST
Regulus Brotherhood NO LONGER EXIST
Republic of Sheodar NO LONGER EXIST

Previous and mostly recanted material
Last edited by RedRover on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 65 times in total.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: RedRover's Factions Revamped

Post by RedRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Undead Spacemen (Updated 7.10.16)

An infections disease turned a group of space explores into infectious and raging zombies. As they have encountered more explorers their numbers have grown. Overtime they organized and became a fierce fighting force. They still float aimlessly around space conquering all that they encounter.

OTC Melee Skellies
The front line melee troops, they tear through the enemy with their OTC swords and deflect blows with their OTC shields

Trooper Skellies (2 squads with lieutenants)
just your basic undead troops

Skeletal Sharpshooters
Sitting far from the action, the sharpshooters pick off the enemies.

Spear Kannons
These bag of bones fire explosive spears into the midst of enemy ranks or into the side of their precious vehicles.

Scout SkellieImage
He does what a scout does, finds a way.

Skragg
Leader and Commander of the Undead Spacemen. He has a powerful OT Blade which he uses to gut his foes.

Crawler (added 11.13.16)
A monstrosity of corpse and machine, crawlers can move on almost any surface and rip a fig apart in many different ways.

Creeper (added 11.13.16)
BIgger, badder, crawler.

Skelator Mech
SKELATORRRRR!!!!!!
Last edited by RedRover on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

House Fang of the planet Draykarus (Updated 6.02.16)

House Fang is the most notable and prestigious house of the planet Draykarus. They are well-known for their ferocity in battle yet their grace at a dinner party. Their house sigil is a snake, representing elegance and power. The house is most famous for leading the coalition against the Uasciri Empire. After the death of Clarence Fang and the fall of the Uasciri Empire, a new leader has emerged, Dimitri Fang, who looks onward to forge his own destiny.

House-carls
It is an honor to serve the Fang in battle and many are eager to do so. 2 squads of 4 including officers.

Dragoons
Quick on horses and armed with both a blade and short blaster, the dragoons are used to quickly flank enemy forces.

Grenadiers
Used for taking down armored opponents.

Close-quarter specalistImage
Heavy armor and shotguns make them deadly in tight spaces.

The House is wealthy and often buys military equipment from other nations such as the smart gun technology from the USA. Why do it yourself when you can pay for it?

Medic
Trained medical professional with battlefield experience

The Inquisition
All those who do not submit to House fang feel the wrath of the inquisition.

Dimitri Fang, The Serpent
Lord of the House, Dimitri rules as a cultural, political, and military leader. He wields the sacred blade of House Fang, Spitfire, which is a living flame of dark green that cannot be extinguished. Dimitri is ambitious and cunning, willing to do whatever it takes to reach his goals, which is why he is called the Serpent. He is flanked by two personal guards.

Rhino M.A.P (Mobile Assault Platform
The M.A.P is a walking tank. Its large gun can fire explosive rounds and pierce through other tanks. Its machine gun and frontal flame-thrower deal with infantry. It has reinforced plating making it quit difficult to destroy, but it is slow.

Vassal House: Proud-Paw
House Proud-Paw is a vassal house to Fang. They do not offer large numbers, but they are loyal and fierce.

House-carls
"Live and die by the paw"

House-Thanes
The mightiest warriors of Proud-Paw

Jarle Wonnen
Leader of House proud-paw, he weapon of choice is his hand-held flamer.
Last edited by RedRover on Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:29 pm

NO LONGER EXIST

Conrad's Condors (Updated 5.24.16)

Conrad Wyatt use to serve in the Grand Uasciri Army as a lieutenant. At the last battle on the Capital Planet, he fought off coalition forces and saved the city of Trago. After the Fall of the Empire, he made a deal with Dimitri Fang that the city of Trago could become a refugee city to house those that were left of the Uasciri. Trago has since then become a melting pot of many different types of minifigs from all across the galaxy. Conrad's days of serving as the active military protector of Trago are over, but he, and a small band of soldiers, formed Conrad's Condors in order to defend those who cannot defend themselves. They are considered an ally of the Imperial Magikstrate.

Vultur Tank
A reliable tank from the Grand Uasciri Army. It has been repainted yellow, the colors of Trago, and dawns both a red and yellow flag for Trago and the Magikstrate

The Tallon
The Tallon are the elite fighting force of Conrad's Condors. They are all grizzled war veterans with years of experience under their belts and body counts to match

Thunder Birds
They are equipped with high powered chain-guns

Tallon Sniper
His specialized goggles give him the eye site of a bird of prey

Tallon Brute
Armored and equipped with a heavy machine-gun with chainsaw bayonet, The Brute will tear through a squad like a Condor through a field mouse.

Conrad Wyatt
Leader of Conrad's Condors. Ex-Uasciri military and savior of Trago.
Last edited by RedRover on Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:15 pm

My favorites so far are probably the Undead Spacemen, probably because of the sweet Skellymech.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:11 am

NO LONGER EXIST

Republic of Sheodar

During the reign of the Grand Uasciri Empire, the cluster of systems known as Sheodar housed the empire's advanced robitics research laboratories and manufacturing plants. The people of these systems always felt slighted by the Uasciri as they were under-compensated for the contributions their robotics industry made to the Empire. When opposition to the Uasciri rose, they were among the first to join becoming one of the founding members of the Anti Uasciri Coalition. After the Coalition's victory, they reforged their systems into a small Republic. The systems broke off into multiple corporations which all competed to be the top robotic developers and manufacturers in the sector. Prisma Industries eventually rose to the top and absorbed all of the other corporations, uniting both the industry and the government under one roof. The Republic of Sheodar and Prisma industries are one in the same and continued to build their robotics industry to amass great wealth. This caught the eye of Trattoria's Sun Engineering Corp who bought out Prisma Industries to run as a subsidiary within the Magenta sector.

Sheodar / Prisma's military is 70% robotic, 30% organic, and 100% privatized

PI:01 Assault Drone
The assault drone is the soldier of the future. Cheap to make and easily programable, any well-to-do individual can purchase their own army.

PI:02 Robotic Soldier
The robotic soldier is a couple steps up from the assault drone. Each is built with the Prism AI system giving it the abilities and competencies of a highly trained soldier.

PI:02.03 Robotic Heavy
One of the variations of robotic soldier frame, this one is suited to use heavy weapons

PI:03.00 Vindicator Mech
Armed with LBT claws and heavy machine guns, the Vindicator can break through the ranks of many enemies

PI:06.00 Hover Tank
A small, fast, robotic tank with its own AI.

Infantry
The infantry act as fodder to recover more valuable robotic wreckage, or for combat engineers to get to fix'in

Combat Engineers
Combat engineers are trained in war-zone survival and advanced robotic engineering. Someone needs to fix the robots.

Commandos
Commandos are the best the sheodar has to offer, outside of robots.

Lucas Mann
The appointed Commander for Sheodar's military operations

Joseph Harrington
CEO of Prisma Industries
Last edited by RedRover on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:10 am

I love everything in this thread. Color-themed armies have always held a special place in my heart.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:19 am

Holy content batman! Very nice throughout, great job.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:15 am

RedRover wrote: Image
Where did you get these sweet helmets with the Galaxy Squad Logo on them?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:34 am

stubby wrote:I love everything in this thread. Color-themed armies have always held a special place in my heart.
That's the only way to do it! There are more colors to come!
Whiteagle wrote:Where did you get these sweet helmets with the Galaxy Squad Logo on them?
Brickforge! They have a 30 for 30 sale where they put 30 items or so on sale for under $0.30 every 2 weeks. The helmets came on one time for about 15 cents each so I bought a bunch and then just created a faction around them. I was originally using them for an Assyrian spinoff faction, but they didn't really fit. I instead created a spinoff that is more close to Natayla's original design and made these guys. But to just answer your original question, they are from Brickforge but the price has gone back up to a dollar or so each. Gotta watch the sales!
Last edited by RedRover on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

While all of these factions are great, I gotta admit, that the Undead Spacemen are my favourites, so far.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Jeez man you're making me spend far too much time writing compliments for this stuff!

Undead spacemen have a great vibe, the blue clone outfits and space regalia are really cool with a hint of undead space marine. The other colour coded guys are fun too, but Stubby beat me to that one. The yellow tank is an interesting one; the turret is great and there are plenty of nice things worked into it -it definitely has potential- however ground clearance is a tad scarce for what looks like a faster tank, and the areas between the tracks & wheels are a bit bare, perhaps use the holes in those technic bricks to attach some greebles? Or maybe go for sideskirts but IMO those are harder to pull off. The gun also looks a bit thin for it's length, and the front beak sticks out a little from the hull.

Don't be fooled by my nitpicking though, all the stuff here is really well done and your stuff has a nice, "clean" feel to it. I'm criticising 'cause I'm kinda excited to see what you'll build if you keep on improving.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 am

YOu have some fantastic forces my friend! I am dying to see them face off and paint the world red!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:39 pm

I added the Protectors to Conrad's Condors as well as updated Conrad's look.

More importantly I revamped the tank!
Old Tank for comparison:
Spoiler
Show

Here is the old group shot for comparison as well:

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:19 pm

A lot of good stuff here.