The Leopard 2 Tank Thread [Updated 2021/01/16]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Leopard 2A6M CAN+(Updated 2016/1/1)

Post by RedRover » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:11 pm

American Ontos Tank Destroyer

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Do you have a link? (Just realised what vehicle you were talking about :), it's the airborne tank with a 105mm gun)
Also, here are the revised and updated stat cards for both the 2A6M CAN+ and the 2A6.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 am

+20 armor? +3 skill per member plus +5 for the commander for a total of D8+11? thats a pretty overpowered tank you have there.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:15 am

It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it...
It's meant to be the king of ground combat. Note that the +20 armour only applies to the front, and that it's only defence against air attack is the .50(or .30) cal machine gun on the roof.
Part of the reason why the Leopards are so powerful is that they are modeled after their real life counterparts, while most of the more contemporary BrikWars tanks more closely resemble tank technology in the 1940's-60's.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:25 am

Valiant wrote:It would be a shame if anything were to happen to it...
It's meant to be the king of ground combat. Note that the +20 armour only applies to the front, and that it's only defence against air attack is the .50(or .30) cal machine gun on the roof.
Part of the reason why the Leopards are so powerful is that they are modeled after their real life counterparts, while most of the more contemporary BrikWars tanks more closely resemble tank technology in the 1940's-60's.
But air attacks are given no bonuses when attacking and usually have very light armament so its not really a downside to the tank. But there is still the fact that compared to the standard brikwars tank its as good as 3-4 brikwars tanks and could probably take out another forces armor division if given the time. as there are very few factions that have tanks of size 9 or higher as they usually range from size 3-4.5

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:36 am

Have you play tested these stats?

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:42 am

Usually the air units that engage tanks and armoured vehicles are assault helicopters, which, on top of guns, carry guided missiles that can inflict 3-5d10 worth of damage.
I do recognise that this vehicle is powerful, and it's designed to be: I've always preferred quality over quantity. Some things that limit my tanks in combat is their lower than average ammunition capacity: 8 in the turret and 6 in the hull. If you are faced with high-end tanks in combat, I would recommend targeting specific parts of the tank, not just general fire. Another thing that helps is to engage in CQC with the tank, as a 6" gun is only good when it can keep it's opponents at arms length. The last thing you can do to aid your forces is, if you're hosting the battle, design the terrain to feature more urban landscape, as it is insanely difficult to operate a 4" wide tank with a 6" gun on a 8" street.

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:45 am

RedRover wrote:Have you play tested these stats?
Yes I have, and I found that the +10 to the front of the hull/turret, even with the 4d10, would still let 6d6 ammunition through the front of the tank. Since this is the most armoured part and is meant to be impenetrable, I boosted it to +20.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:47 am

Valiant wrote:Usually the air units that engage tanks and armoured vehicles are assault helicopters, which, on top of guns, carry guided missiles that can inflict 3-5d10 worth of damage.
I do recognise that this vehicle is powerful, and it's designed to be: I've always preferred quality over quantity. Some things that limit my tanks in combat is their lower than average ammunition capacity: 8 in the turret and 6 in the hull. If you are faced with high-end tanks in combat, I would recommend targeting specific parts of the tank, not just general fire. Another thing that helps is to engage in CQC with the tank, as a 6" gun is only good when it can keep it's opponents at arms length. The last thing you can do to aid your forces is, if you're hosting the battle, design the terrain to feature more urban landscape, as it is insanely difficult to operate a 4" wide tank with a 6" gun on a 8" street.
Not every military employs Ariel vehicles. As for close combat onle up 3 people may make a combined attack doing 3d6 damage on avergae versus 4d10 armor the chance of actually doing damage is super slim.

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 am

By close combat I meant within 6" of the tank. That way the only weapon they have to watch out for is the remote weapons station on the turret. If you wanted to ensure that the tank wouldn't back away from your men, just destroy the tracks or engine.

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:34 am

bann154 wrote:+20 armor? +3 skill per member plus +5 for the commander for a total of D8+11? thats a pretty overpowered tank you have there.
The gunner isn't the commander, there's three members in the turret: the commander, the gunner and the loader.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:28 am

If you want some more angled turrets you could always try the Challenger 2.
Spoiler
Show
Or for some curvy turrets you could have a go at some Russians to zerg* your western MBTs

*Just got a surprise when I googled zerg rush...

Also, have you considered some IFVs to compliment your MBTs? A Bradley or a Warrior would look well next to it's respective main battle tank.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:59 am

Dude it's your model and your game but even with out the crazy default +20 armor and shielding, 4d10 armor is supposed to represent things like nuclear bunkers or entire starships.
In my opinion no unit is of any sue on the playing field unless it has a fair chance of getting destroyed and blown to pieces, especially your darling creations.
I hope the OPness does not kill the fun for your opponent.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Valiant

Post by Valiant » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:49 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Dude it's your model and your game but even with out the crazy default +20 armor and shielding, 4d10 armor is supposed to represent things like nuclear bunkers or entire starships.
In my opinion no unit is of any sue on the playing field unless it has a fair chance of getting destroyed and blown to pieces, especially your darling creations.
You've got a point there.
I'll drop the armour rating to 3d10 then.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Dude it's your model and your game but even with out the crazy default +20 armor and shielding, 4d10 armor is supposed to represent things like nuclear bunkers or entire starships.
Its finally been put into words.....