The United Empires of Esduin (South added)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

The United Empires of Esduin (South added)

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 am

The United Empires of Esduin (UEE) is a large continent on Medivo to the Northeast of Northeros, several hundred miles off the coast of the Evergreen Woods. Esduin is divided into two equal territories, two brother/sister kingdoms, the North and the South. Both sides are led by two sibling monarchs, Queen Asmelda of the North, and King Lucas of the South.

While each half is different in their own perspectives, Esduin itself consists of a mix of elf and human minifigs. They are, overall, a prominent mix of peaches(elves) and yellows(humans). However, North Esduin primarily consists of elves, and South Esduin of humans. While most outside factions disapprove of such atrocities such as sharing the same bloodlines as peaches, Esduin embraces it. In fact, they look at most outside factions as crude, barbaric, and just plain illiterate.

The North

The North prides themselves in their elite military and pompous wealth. Its people are deathly loyal to their Queen Asmalda, affectionately naming her “Her Majesty” rather than calling her by name. They are proud of their predominately elven lineage but are however more industrialized than their southern cousins overseas. The magikal arts are no stranger to most kinds of elves, and North Esduin is no exception. Mages and their greater counterparts, the “Divine Klerics” wield powers that are said to be able to level entire mountain ranges. Whether that is true or not, the North gleefully uses its magikal attributes on siege weaponry and the like.

Infantry:

The backbone of North Esduin's holy forces. The Paladins.

North Esduin's heavy cavalry, the Stormriders.

North Esduin prides itself in having the truest cavalry in the United Empires, and few would disagree.

The Pacifiers, North Esduin's main ranged infantry. Their bows are said to be enchanted with specific spells to ehance the elves' already superior aim.

Siege Weaponry:

The Sentinel. This stationary ballista is primarily used in defensive situations but can also be quickly and easily set-up while on the offensive. This ballista fires two separate minifig-sized bolts, each magik'd to deal extra damage on infantry and structures alike.

Heroes/Minifigs of Interest:

Colonel Enran Ajora, an accomplished military leader of North Esduin who now serves as a most trusted leader Her Majesty's guard. Enran is equiped with a spear of strangely opaque GT.

Norren Annundir. A nobleman and one of Queen Asmelda's esteemed advisers, Norren oversees much of North Esduin's trade, military spending, and handles much of the ins and outs of the territory's treasury.

Oathur the Sage. Acting as another adviser as well as a member of the Holy Klerics, Oathur experiments with an unstable shard of PT, often claiming that it is one of the most powerful transparent colors in existence. Most think he's just off his rocker.

Queen Asmelda, Her Majesty herself. Asmelda is the older sister to King Lucas, ruling over her half of Esduin with grace. Motherly by nature and protective of her people, the queen does not take lightly to even the emptiest of threats. She's the type to smile pleasantly in the face of her enemies while running them through.

Group shot.

North Esduin is ready to wipe out any opposing force that dare rises against them. No ragtag band of brutes would ever stand a chance...
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: The United Empires of Esduin

Post by bann154 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:32 am

:tiger: Damn well done! The look sick i really like the Stormriders their helmets make them look vicious.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Noktu
Officer

Post by Noktu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 am

That's unbelievable Ken! Love it. Got some other factions in the makings aswell?

Staying tuned for more! :omnom:

Titos
Champion
Champion

Post by Titos » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:39 am

Well done, as always
The Holy Empire of Aldebourne: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13671

“Nothing confuses an officer like violently agreeing with him.”

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Weirdly enough I'm most impressed that you wound up with a dozen or so of pearl gold bows.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks guys! And yes, I have the entirety of South Esduin to reveal yet.
Zahru II wrote:Weirdly enough I'm most impressed that you wound up with a dozen or so of pearl gold bows.
It's funny, I didn't even realize they came in pearl gold until ordering parts for some other project a month ago. I just wonder what sets they're from.
Last edited by Kommander Ken on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Wow, that army must have cost a fortune! Money well spent as it's looking absolutely great. Dark red and gold work very well together.
My favourite part is the heavy cavalry. It looks absolutely vicious.
The queen is great as well... for a peach. :twisted:
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes!!! You've done it again! Love the red and the peach! If I were to convert the IM into a Medivo faction I could only hope for them to be half as good as these guys!

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:56 am

PG Bows are from a disney princess set IIRC - Merida's highland games or something.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 am

These are almost like Medivo's equivalent to the Romans. Superbly well put together and good looking. Nice work, Ken!

Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Post by Chicken Tenders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:10 pm

This is one good looking faction! I love the crimson and gold color scheme. I'm a big fan of your tripod ballista too. You've done a great job here! I'm looking forward to seeing the Southern faction!
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 pm

The amounts of gold pieces is simply staggering! Can any one show me a faction with more gold?? And I mean a BW faction! Nice job ken :tiger:

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks guys! An update is coming soon!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:42 am

Honestly though, this is one of THE BEST Midevo factions out there. Every unit is cool in its own right, and together they look incredibly badass.

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:46 pm

I have never seen these guys until now, and wow- one of the most unique and impressive fantasy factions. That much gold is impressive, but I was most impressed by how you integrated regular castle theme parts in a unique way. Can't wait to see the other guys.