How Sci-Fi Shows are wrong.

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Re: How Sci-Fi Shows are wrong.

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Wed May 11, 2016 7:32 am

But galaxy-wise, some are in all directions from the milky way, and some of those have more depth.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed May 11, 2016 10:22 am

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:But galaxy-wise, some are in all directions from the milky way, and some of those have more depth.
Yeah so there's different kinds of galaxies.

Okay so there's not an exact date for this event, but in like 500 billion years space will have expanded so much and the CMB will have been redshifted so much that people in the Milky Way//Andromeda (they will have merged by that point) galaxy won't be able to see the CMB anymore because the light's wavelength will be the length of the current observable universe and therefore be undetectable. Furthermore, all other galaxies will be outside of our light cone. Therefore, the skies will be dark aside from our galaxy.

At that point, are we now basically in our own universe? Being that there's no evidence of anything else in the universe having ever existed anymore?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Wed May 11, 2016 10:36 am

But ... !!!
What if I stack another galaxy on top of our galaxy, then we would have a heap'o'galaxies.

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Post by mercury19 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am

But if bothe galaxies are flat, I'd it really a heap? Or is it just a galaxy pancake?
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed May 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Everything revolves around the spiral.

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Post by mercury19 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Silverdream wrote:Everything revolves around the spiral.
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu May 12, 2016 12:36 am

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed May 25, 2016 4:18 am

Natalya wrote:
IIRC the alignment of our solar system's planets and rotation about the sun is in the same general plane as the milkyway itself. I wonder if most other star systems in our galaxy have their planets rotating in a similar plane? It probably breaks down near the galactic core, but f that place anyway, too much radiation.
^____^ accredition disks also radiate EMF, so you can hear them if you tune your radio right ( I mean, probably not literally your radio, but, a radio)! The EMF strength is proportional to mass, so accretion disks of black holes radiate X-rays! I bet there are some smart dudes somewhere who can find out how at least some other solar systems spin from the patterns. You could also try learning it from the jets emitted from the axis, but I think we can only see those when they are pointed at us (also, if they're energetic enough, you could have a jet of cosmic rays that would sear off the surface of the Earth and boil away the oceans. Pretty cool way to go extinct if you ask me). Why do the jets form? It's an unsolved problem in physics! Find out and claim your Nobel Prize.

Our solar system isn't quite a sphere, by the way, it just looks that way to us due to local gravitational distortions. It's actually more twisted and squished, with areas of interesting, inexplicable variance. We learned this on August 25, 2012 when Voyager 1 left the solar system and journeyed into interstellar space, where background motion is slower (well, Voyager 1 left the solar system at that time. We didn't actually learn it until like a year later). There, she found bountiful plasmas, and harsh cosmic rays, outside the Sun's magnetic field at last.

Spoiler
Show
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything