Alternative to Crankiness

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Alternative to Crankiness

Post by Duerer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Well, as the title says it, I'm about to look for a substitute to the Crankiness rule that generally would apply to heroes. A substitute would be fitting for those heroes who are far too dedicated to their fatherland, their faith or their arbitrarily constituted moral guidelines to be worried about the presence of additional heroes.

It would be easy to say that the Cranky rule simply doesn't apply to that hero but I also would like to represent some parts of my character's fluff in the actually gameplay, fleshing out said character. Any thoughts, guys?
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Alternative to Crankiness

Post by RedRover » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Maybe they could have the opposite where they lose moral or skill to a certain extent when seeing fellow troops fall.

I also think silent had a great idea with the side kick ability. Allows them to step in and do feats when the other hero falls.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:05 pm

The alternative I've gone with in the past is to say that if you have multiple heroes, but they're not cranky, then you're limited to one feat per turn. Because they learned to share the spotlight.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:18 pm

stubby wrote:The alternative I've gone with in the past is to say that if you have multiple heroes, but they're not cranky, then you're limited to one feat per turn. Because they learned to share the spotlight.
Alright, I could work with that.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff