Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Thoughts?

All totally awesome, I'll be using these myself
57%
Pretty good ideas, some that I think could be better
33%
Hit and miss, lots of these don't make sense
5%
Mostly lame, some good ideas
1%
Horrendous, confusing and unfun
4%

Total votes: 79

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Plastik Armory: Better Guns, Awesome Abilites

Post by stubby » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:35 pm

StarshipH wrote:Where is this (Flight = 1/2 weapons) in the rulebook?

I can't find it under Weaponry, Vehicles, or MOC Combat...

8.1: Weapon Size wrote:Power Limits
Weapon Size also limits the number of Weapons a Creation can operate during a turn. A Creation has enough Power to activate and use as many inches of Weapons and devices as twice its own Size (or its Effective Size, if it's taken Size Damage (7.2: Taking Damage)). The Creation can be loaded with as many extra Weapons as its player is willing to pay for, but on any single turn it can only use a selection of them that fits within this Power limit.

The Power of certain types of Creations are limited even further. Creations flying in the air (rather than in space or with antigravity) have Power limited to their own Size in Weapon Inches (although they may return to the regular Power level of twice their Size while on the ground). Size zero Creations have enough Power for a single Hand Weapon or the equivalent, at most.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:49 am

I don't think this deserves it's own thread, so...
How do you guys feel about damage type-specific armor? As in armor made from different materials with different properties.

This armor is more dense so it can absorb the broad force of explosions, but can't stop the more precise impact of a bullet. That armor is made of a special flame-resistant polymer, but can't take the same physical abuse that traditional metal armor can. That sort of thing.

Admittedly, it's not a 100% fleshed out idea, since regular armor plates already reduce damage pretty effectively. But I think has the potential to be interesting.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:23 am

Seems overly complex
Image Image

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Gungnir wrote:How do you guys feel about damage type-specific armor? As in armor made from different materials with different properties.

This armor is more dense so it can absorb the broad force of explosions, but can't stop the more precise impact of a bullet. That armor is made of a special flame-resistant polymer, but can't take the same physical abuse that traditional metal armor can. That sort of thing.
Take a look at how I did Energy Shields towards the end of the Field Hazards section. Part of the reason I started dividing up damage by die types is so we could do things like this - your flame-resistant armor would just be d4 shielding, your blast-resistant armor is d10 shielding.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm

stubby wrote:Take a look at how I did Energy Shields towards the end of the Field Hazards section.
Sure, but the cost of energy shields is power, and it only protects against one die per power. This would be more of a passive defense that costs a unit it's movement instead.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:14 am

Well I mostly just meant that you can divide damage up in a very simple way by die type to avoid a lot of the complicated classification problems.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:24 am

The idea I had was to reduce a die of a specific type of damage by one size rather than just removing a die altogether. Perhaps as a trade off, other kinds of damage are increased.
So a unit that is protected against fire damage is effectively immune, but takes 1d8 from bullets and 1d12 from explosions.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:03 pm

My intent was to make it balanced. Not to be realistic. And I'm leaning less towards this being equipment and more towards it being an intrinsic property of a unit. Instead of being made of material A and being covered in material B, units would just be made of material B.

Jabberwocky
Champion
Champion

Post by Jabberwocky » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Strong against ice weak against water.... Also where do you get that fig n how much would it cost? I like some of them parts
Last edited by Jabberwocky on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Post by Legomc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:Strong against ice weak against water
But if the fire melts the ice, wouldn't it become water, meaning that fire is week to BOTH ice and water?
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:
If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:22 am

Voin wrote:Image
For some reason that set reminds me of this:
I have no idea why.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:25 am

The robot is holding up his Multi-pass.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Another stupid idea from Gungnir!
Perfect Camouflage: [terrain]
  • A unit with Perfect Camouflage is completely invisible in a specific type of terrain.
    (eg. a unit with Perfect Camouflage: Forest cannot be seen as long as they are in the shade of a tree. While Perfect Camouflage: Desert hides a unit standing on sandy terrain.)
  • Perfectly camouflaged units cannot be targeted by attacks or abilities.
  • A camouflaged unit can only be revealed by another unit within one inch of the camouflaged unit.
  • Furthermore, revealing a camouflaged unit gives him a free attack action against his discoverer.
  • The trade off is that the unit is extremely obvious in every other type of terrain, granting a +2 skill bonus to any enemy units targeting him.