The last time i was here...

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

The last time i was here...

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:15 pm

The last time i was here, I was a freshman in high school. I was about 14. That was in 2011.

Now i'm in my second year of college. Now i'm 20. I have this forum and it's influences on me to blame for the $500+ i've poured into X-Wing miniatures, as this forum kickstarted my tabletop gaming addiction.

Lately i've been building with The Plastic Bricks again. I'm a little rusty, but I'm pretty pleased with what i've been making. Stuff like:

This Z-95 Headhunter.

This Viper Mk.VII.

This tank of my design.

Or this Fighter of my design.

Then i started to want to wargame with them. So here i am, i guess. Someone needs to fill me in on what's been going on for the last half decade i've been gone.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: The last time i was here...

Post by Venge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome back! First of all, Holy Shit where do I even start...

The Immortal War is (sort of) still going, but is no longer a big thing. Warhead is rarely active anymore due to health problems and a lot of other people from way back then are no longer around.

There was a war called the AN-TA War that was the Third Alliance (a bunch of German factions) vs the Allied Nations (most everybody else). The conflict ended peacefully :(.

Two of the big players nowadays are the Imperial Magikstrate and what is now known as Unified Republik of Poland. They are played by RedRover and Duerer respectively, both of them also have many other cool factions.

The Space Nazis and Space Commies teamed up to invade Poland recently, but were repulsed.

There is a fairly new faction called M-Throne played by Kaplan that probably has the largest IRL army in Brikwars and is gearing up to possibly invade the Brikverse.

Other factions who have been fairly active recently include Trattoria, played by Colette, and the United Systems Alliance, played by Silent-sigfig (I believe he was active in your day).

Probably 70% of the people active now were not around back in 2011, I was only a lurker back then. Thus, you've missed a ton of new factions and battles and events and I've only just scratched the surface, I'm sure others will help you get caught up though.

Right now we have a build contest called the Blarney Build going on, you can see the deails in the armory forum. I encourage you to enter one (or more) of those awesome ships in, they look badass.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Welcome back! First of all, Holy Shit where do I even start...

The Immortal War is (sort of) still going, but is no longer a big thing. Warhead is rarely active anymore due to health problems and a lot of other people from way back then are no longer around.

There was a war called the AN-TA War that was the Third Alliance (a bunch of German factions) vs the Allied Nations (most everybody else). The conflict ended peacefully :(.

Two of the big players nowadays are the Imperial Magikstrate and what is now known as Unified Republik of Poland. They are played by RedRover and Duerer respectively, both of them also have many other cool factions.

The Space Nazis and Space Commies teamed up to invade Poland recently, but were repulsed.

There is a fairly new faction called M-Throne played by Kaplan that probably has the largest IRL army in Brikwars and is gearing up to possibly invade the Brikverse.

Other factions who have been fairly active recently include Trattoria, played by Colette, and the United Systems Alliance, played by Silent-sigfig (I believe he was active in your day).

Probably 70% of the people active now were not around back in 2011, I was only a lurker back then. Thus, you've missed a ton of new factions and battles and events and I've only just scratched the surface, I'm sure others will help you get caught up though.

Right now we have a build contest called the Blarney Build going on, you can see the deails in the armory forum. I encourage you to enter one (or more) of those awesome ships in, they look badass.
Ahh, yes, i remember the Immortal War. I always loved the Assyrian look. Good to hear that hasn't died, i loved the lore in that. Sad to hear about Warhead's health problems; I remember him and his antics well.

A conflict ending peacefully? Things really have changed around here.

Ok, i'll check those out.

Oh, good. Only Poland could resist such a diabolical alliance of completely opposite political ideologies. Surely, then, not everything is awful.

Ooh, i've always had a soft spot for huge armies. I prided myself on a large army back in the day but all of my vehicular equipment operated on a quantity over quality premise, which i plan on reversing. Stuff is really cool if you take your time, not based on a bunch of really shitty models.

Silent-sigfig is still around?! That's awesome!

Sweet, i'll check that contest out, see if i'm not hopelessly outclasses(probably am).

Venge

Post by Venge » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm

I'll try and list the people from 2011 and who's still around.

Stubby, Natalya, Zahru, Silent, Silverdream, Tzan, Cakeman, Zupponn, BFenix and Shadowsycthe are all still active.

Piltogg and Robot Monkey recently came back after they went on hiatus.

Tuefish, Killer Karetsu, Massam, Arkbrik, Ross Varn, IVhorseman and Elmagnifico are no longer posting, only a few have logged in the past year.

Bragallot comes and goes.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:30 pm

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Tzan wrote:Image
Oh, the memories.

I guess i should say what i've been up to. Like i said, i'm in college now, Comp Sci major. I've been slowly developing a personal project in Unreal Engine 4, I still wanna be a game dev.

Like i also said, i wargame a lot now. I'm very competitive in X-Wing TMG, having won a tournament and placed well in several. I also play Battletech, both Alpha Strike and Classic, as well. I'm currently developing my own tabletop wargame, sort of an Advanced X-Wing TMG, more complex and in-depth than the normal X-Wing, integrating a lot of concepts that never made that game.

Another thing i do a lot now is competitive esports. I play Rivals of Aether, a Smash Bros. Melee derived platform fighter. I'm actually the best Rivals player in my state, a badge i wear with pride.

I think that's about it. I've largely grown out of being the little insufferable twat in my youth that i now know i was. But that's a whole different bag of worms.

I can't promise i'll participate a LOT around here, since my attention largely gets divided between school, work, and then of course my 30 different hobbies. But hopefully this can grow back and become yet another hobby of mine; assuming i can actually find people to get games in with.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 pm

I just came back from a long hiatus too, posted some updates to my old army: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15738

I'm in college now too, and weirdly have more free time than in high school. Glad to see you're back!

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:I just came back from a long hiatus too, posted some updates to my old army: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15738

I'm in college now too, and weirdly have more free time than in high school. Glad to see you're back!
I needed to take time for myself and clear my head about a lot of things. I never mentioned it, but i was suffering from a large number of mental health issues at the time that was impacting my life in a serious way. Fortunately, i got help, and while they're still there(albeit in a significantly weakened state), i'm much mentally healthier. As my interests shifted anyways, i decided to keep not frequenting the site.

Now that i am healthier, and my interests have turned back to legos while also being focused on wargaming(which they will stay there for a while, i'm sure), it seemed like it was time to reconnect.

Venge

Post by Venge » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 am

Glad to hear you are doing better and pursing something you are interested in as a major for college. Too many people go into business and other fields that they personally have no interest in just because they want to get rich.

Regarding battles, a lot of us are scattered all over the place, including at least four continents, so forum battles have become a lot more popular. People like Zahru, Silent and Duerer have huge complicated story arcs with multiple installments now, and people will often collaborate different events together.

Lastly, have you seen this guy's stuff? He's got a bunch of cool mocs, including some starfighters from multiple franchises, lots of early 2000s Star Wars.

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

TheVengefulOne pretty much covered it. The wiki pages for AN-TA War, Battles of the Immortal War are also pretty informative if you're looking for more detail.
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Wed May 26, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:54 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Glad to hear you are doing better and pursing something you are interested in as a major for college. Too many people go into business and other fields that they personally have no interest in just because they want to get rich.

Regarding battles, a lot of us are scattered all over the place, including at least four continents, so forum battles have become a lot more popular. People like Zahru, Silent and Duerer have huge complicated story arcs with multiple installments now, and people will often collaborate different events together.

Lastly, have you seen this guy's stuff? He's got a bunch of cool mocs, including some starfighters from multiple franchises, lots of early 2000s Star Wars.

http://www.saber-scorpion.com/lego
I do actually know of saber-scorpion. I think i first checked his page out before his Halo 3 viginettes were a thing yet!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:24 am

oh hi there

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:56 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:I'll try and list the people from 2011 and who's still around.

Stubby, Natalya, Zahru, Silent, Silverdream, Tzan, Cakeman, Zupponn, BFenix and Shadowsycthe are all still active.
I feel old now.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Natalya wrote:oh hi there
Sup with it.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm also back, kindof. I keep trying to become a regular here again, but I always end up not staying.