Kult of the Darkness (alliance)

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

Darkstorm
oh god

Kult of the Darkness (alliance)

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:58 pm

I am officially opening this alliance. The Kult of the Darkness (DRKNS for abbreviation) is an alliance that focuses on mutual defence and mutual conquest.
Founding Member: Darkstorm Empire (Darkstorm)
Original Members: Xenon Empire (Caelondian), Alkeria (Hiremas Alkerith), a tweepunk army (along with the rest of his stuff?) (DJ Squidley), and the Space Pirate Ship: The Black September/ Atherta Federation (theAtomikPunk)

Enemies of the Kult:
Praetorian Empire and the Commonwealth(dilanski)
Omegalon Empire (Omega Prime)

Did I miss anyone?

As previously stated to one of the original members:
Darkstorm wrote:Basically it would be an alliance, with the DRK (Darkstorm Empire) as the moderator. So far only the SSA (Syndicate Star Alliance, a group of worlds under one govt., played by me) is in it other than the DRK. The larger the faction, the better, but all are welcome. Basically the alliance is for both mutual defense as well as to conquer Galaxia Nehelennium, once enough members with sufficient firepower have joined. There would eventually be (I hope) a war like the Immortal war or the AN-TA war. :studgod:
You may either send me a pm or openly post your alliance agreement in this post. Please fill out the following form:

I, username, agree that my faction, faction name, will join those in the Kult of the Darkness as allies.
Last edited by Darkstorm on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it
Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Re: Kult of the Darkness (alliance)

Post by TheAtomikpunk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Darkstorm wrote:...an alliance that focuses on mutual defence and mutual conquest.
Wait, what!? Mutual conquest?? :???:
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 pm

TheAtomikpunk wrote:
Darkstorm wrote:...an alliance that focuses on mutual defence and mutual conquest.
Wait, what!? Mutual conquest?? :???:
conquesting together
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Darkstorm wrote:as well as to conquer Galaxia Nehelennium
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:15 pm

I mean not right now....

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:35 am

We should come up with ranks as well, say the Original members should be given the rank of Commander or something, and Darkstorm should be whatever high rank that seems suitable ( IDK General, Field Marshall, Emperor anything like that)
New members would start at Corporal, move up to Sergeant, Captain etc...
What do you peeps think?
:???:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:11 am

Darkstorm wrote:I mean not right now....
It's more a sort of naïve innocence as to exactly how far you can get with that. Galaxia Nehellenium is basically home to 90% of factions that take part in any sci-fi forum roleplay. And as no one wants anyone to take a shit on their own doorstep, conquering Nehellenium to any reasonable degree would likely break EITBOTOT. This has been an issue with faction role-play no one has ever found a permanent way around, hence why the Immortals or M-Throne can never conquer the Galaxy. In that scenario roleplay grinds to a halt as no one has any reason beyond the odd battle.

I do find medivo interesting though. My guess is that due to having fewer players and more limitations to factions and tek, things have been allowed to progress in a much smoother fashion.

Pick a strategic target though, and get some specific players involved, and you will likely have something that will get moving.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am

How about we kind of start afresh, the idea being that one of us (Maybe the Alkerians, as they pioneer into portal technology? Up to you peeps) creates a breach into another universe or galaxy or wherever, rich in natural resources. Then a kind of war starts with the Kult and other factions (Some of the big ones perhaps, if we can get them into it) trying to hoard all of the resources. Then there are alien species to battle in the universe/galaxy, the possibilities are endless.
What would we call it?
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

[]

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:28 am

[]
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Wed May 26, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:31 am

dilanski wrote:I do find medivo interesting though. My guess is that due to having fewer players and more limitations to factions and tek, things have been allowed to progress in a much smoother fashion.
That's bc most folks involved in medieval stuff actually focus on brick related stuff, instead of boasting with any alliances.

This is also why I kinda think that my stuff is more influenced by that instead of other futuristic storylines. I care less about having an impact on the galaxy and more about getting shit done.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:43 am

I think the excessive alliances thing is more of a symptom than a cause though. I think Medivo and Purple Sector are successful because they can rely on singular active members to reliably pump out content and advance the plot rather than crowdsourcing to a bunch of unreliable participants. Most of the people in sci-fiverse are like in college or dark ages or otherwise away from briks, so it tends to go slow on actual content and mostly result in politicking.

As much as I often disagree with Duerer on how he frames his position on scifiverse and its activity, I do have to agree with its core ideas. Even though the Immortal War as a community collab has largely been dead for years, the Immortal Omega and Sigma sub-campaigns within it have found some semblance of success in activity. Both of them borrow the "driven by an active member rather than community collab" model from Medivo and Purple Sector. Perhaps that's the way to go in the long run?

Also, I feel like the forum populace has gotten older on average - it definitely feels like there's fewer rambunctious young'ins running around nowadays, and more people getting chewed up by higher education or job hunting. The forums have been around for almost 10 years - in another 10 years, we might have a brik renaissance once everyone gets settled into their jobs and families and we get a huge influx of Warheads and Kaplans. Who knows?

EDIT: Also, you new guys should join the Discord chat so we can coordinate on this stuff!

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:How about we kind of start afresh, the idea being that one of us (Maybe the Alkerians, as they pioneer into portal technology? Up to you peeps) creates a breach into another universe or galaxy or wherever, rich in natural resources. Then a kind of war starts with the Kult and other factions (Some of the big ones perhaps, if we can get them into it) trying to hoard all of the resources. Then there are alien species to battle in the universe/galaxy, the possibilities are endless.
What would we call it?
Yes, the DRK has also begun research in portals, with the portal tank as an example.

I like it, however, so we can do cameos more often,
My idea:
The DRK, along with Alkeria, creates a portal to another, parallel universe (so the regular factions still exist, but they can be tweaked for cameos (but more so)), but in the process, get sucked (along with all of the Kult of Darkness members) into that universe. Any and all players in "Nehelennuim" can fight us, but it would be alternate universe factions, so you can not only use your existing factions, you can make up new ones or whatever. The place we end up can depend on who is willing to be in the battle.
Name: Anti-Nehelennium, or AntiNel for short? The factions could all be called Anti- whatever, like anti-Trattoria, or anti-USA, or anti-Assyria (for example).
Colette wrote:Also, I feel like the forum populace has gotten older on average - it definitely feels like there's fewer rambunctious young'ins running around nowadays, and more people getting chewed up by higher education or job hunting. The forums have been around for almost 10 years - in another 10 years, we might have a brik renaissance once everyone gets settled into their jobs and families and we get a huge influx of Warheads and Kaplans. Who knows?
DARKSTORM WILL RIZE! THE POWER OF THE DARKNESS SHALL RULE ALL! :D
Colette wrote:Something similar has crossed my mind before, having a resource rich shit sector of the galaxy of open-sores factions that everyone fights over, like Nehellenium's version of the Middle East. Dilanski's right about people not wanting to take a shit on their own doorsteps (a few notable exceptions like Fico and Bavaria aside), so I'd think something like that would be good for plot development. The AN-TA War did so well since it was fought over abstract political goals rather than conquest.
And so it shall be. :studgod:

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:28 am

Arch Sentinel: Overseer of all -- Darkstorm
High Sentinel: Also sub-Overseers, each govern a section of our controlled space: Xenon Empire (Caelondian), Alkeria (Hiremas Alkerith), a tweepunk army (along with the rest of his stuff?) (DJ Squidley), and the Space Pirate Ship: The Black September (theAtomikPunk)
Other ranks:
Sentinel: Rank reserved for only the most active members....
ArchWarriors: Highest rank achieved without handpicked promotion
Warriors: Starting rank for large star empires
WarMaster: Starting rank for medium star empires
GuardMaster: Starting rank for small star empires and large ground armies
Mercenaries: Either groups of figs or small-medium armies

I am probably not going to be stingy about handing promotions, by the way. Every battle or two will probably give you a rank up. :lol:

Most of the battles will probably involve single-person battles with cameos of other factions. (mine are pretty easy, just use all black)
thoughts?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:36 am

Darkstorm wrote:Anti-Nehelennium, or AntiNel for short? The factions could all be called Anti- whatever, like anti-Trattoria, or anti-USA, or anti-Assyria (for example).
:whoelse:

Part of the fun of the roleplay is the shared history. Also dangerously close to breaking EITBOTOT again. As the first thing I'd do is dunk on Anti-Scythia for taking all the glory for that angel kill years ago. Scythe might be understandably mad, but hey it is Anti-Scythia, why should he be mad? (/sarcasm).

Better option, outline a new galaxy, carefully indicate sectors and places of interests. Open up some wormholes in random unoccupied territories on the Nehellenium map. The price of admission is that if anyone can make a soap/battle of an event, it occurs, regardless of the outcome. With an additional understanding that battles should be set up to go either way, and soaps made not to make anyone look incompetent.

Anyway, to keep this on topic. Regardless of what you decide to do with your alliance, I'll throw my name in to be an opposition to it. Worst thing is when you have an alliance without an enemy, then it is just grandstanding.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:02 pm

dilanski wrote:...As the first thing I'd do is dunk on Anti-Scythia for taking all the glory for that angel kill years ago. Scythe might be understandably mad, but hey it is Anti-Scythia, why should he be mad? (/sarcasm)
You still remember that? Jeez that was like 5 years ago.

Also, you can do whatever you want, but given all the functionally equivalent options ideas being thrown around, why not go with the one that stays in Nehellenium by creating a lawless sector or something
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.