Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Re: Praetorian Fleet Yard

Post by Vami IV » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:09 am

dilanski wrote:
Vami IV wrote:I also think it's interesting that you had all this time to throw into this model but not the soap (haha black pot and kettle there). But it's a solid design anyways.
Believe it or not, but I've got the first issue/chapter/post of the soap fully written, even formatted with the BBCode. I decided some time ago though that I wanted to have the first three issue's fully written to post them concurrently though, so I am sticking to my guns on that. Besides, I've realised my skill is LDD, as opposed to writing, the more time I put into designing cool models for the soap, the better it will be in the end.
Writing is like a diamond. You must cut/edit it's shape and form to fully realise its potential.
I also like how you chopped out my beautiful purple script from that thar quote.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 am

Vami IV wrote:Writing is like a diamond. You must cut/edit it's shape and form to fully realise its potential.
I also like how you chopped out my beautiful purple script from that thar quote.
I was actually trying to reduce quote tunnelling, and accidentally cut out the first BBCode tag. Couldn't be arsed to go back and re add it, so black text you get.

But now you mention it, permanently coloured text is slightly PRETENTIOUS, so from now on, no coloured quote text for you.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Dilanski, do you still have the LXFs from this thread in a dropbox? It'd be nice to add them to the microspace wiki.
And probably more worrying I wanna have a crack at the Vanguard.
Last edited by Vami on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:denied:

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Vami wrote:Dilanski, do you still have the LXFs from this thread in a dropbox? It'd be nice to add them to the microspace wiki.
I've been meaning to chuck it all up somewhere, but there is so much stuff to sift through, most of it not even sorted and god forbid I ever decide to release my WIP models for people to tinker with.

If there is anything particular you want, I can get you a copy though.

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:31 pm

dilanski wrote:
Vami wrote:Dilanski, do you still have the LXFs from this thread in a dropbox? It'd be nice to add them to the microspace wiki.
I've been meaning to chuck it all up somewhere, but there is so much stuff to sift through, most of it not even sorted and god forbid I ever decide to release my WIP models for people to tinker with.

If there is anything particular you want, I can get you a copy though.
Vami_IV wrote:And probably more worrying I wanna have a crack at the Vanguard.
:denied:

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:45 pm

Took me a while to realise what you meant by Vanguard, derp. Anyway, here is a download link to some of my stuff.

GoogleDrive Download

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Not going to lie, been pretty annoying to work on this so far. Bow is going to be the most trouble

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 pm

With the success of the Eterne as an export model starship, Hypermarine Astronautic's increasingly questionable business portfolio came under more scrutiny. It appeared that not only were they cooking their own books, but cooking other corporations books as well. This was hiding that even though their newest venture in the Eterne Starjets were quite lucrative, the state contracts to work on more military projects were hemorrhaging money. Exactly how this was possible was debated for some time among corporate lawyers, but ultimately the conclusion was the same, Hypermarine was on it's way out. Immediately PAEN Systems snapped up their contracts, renegotiating them for a suitably higher price, and acquiring most of the technical knowledge used to design the Heathen series space frames. The profitable division that was producing the Eterne, along with numerous other small civilian craft that were selling well abroad was spun off as the Outland Conglomerate, taking with it the various small firms used to produce the various components of their craft.

In the final days of Hypermarine, their teams were busy putting the finishing touches on a series of new civilian starships, the one most touted being the Celeste G900. A smaller brother to the Eterne G750. The designs for these now filling the freshly minted catalogues of Outland.

The G900 comes equipped with the same Trans-Tunnel drive that gave the Eterne the ability to do New Praetoria to New York in 8 days, something unheard of outside of select Military craft, and the designs of Virgin. The G900 carries only 3,000 passengers, a steep decline from the quintuple digit figure seen on the G750, however this is reflected on the price of the vessel itself, coming in at a mere 500,000,000Ë, compared to the Eternes eye watering 6,000,000,000Ë price tag.

Much like its bigger brother, the Celeste features VTOL capability with vectoring engines. Dubbed the 'X666C Model', this engine functions similarly to X633 model, but in a more compact and efficient form.

The Celeste isn't expected to usurp the Eterne on popular Intergalactic flights, with that honor still falling to the larger vessel, however it's smaller size and efficiency makes it perfect for less well travelled routes that simply cannot support the Eterne. Cargo conversions are expected to prove popular as a way of quickly moving materials along lower volume trade routes, and as fast interstellar Nehellenium passenger flights.

(Note: It's 3:20am, and I am really tired. Will fix missed spelling errors come the morning)

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:23 pm

The M50 Excavo mining ships were built by Outland Conglomerate, aiming for numerous export customers in Nehellenium. Capable of holding 240,000 cubic metres of processed asteroid ore, the M50 Excavo compares favourably to the currently sparse market for heavy duty mining vessels. It's low crew requirement, made possible through automation, including a swarm of mining drones to chew through rock faster then a laser only system, while keeping costs low. Outland Conglomerate is expecting for fleets of Excavo's to be churning out large quantities of Trans-Materials throughout Nehellenium in short order.
Spoiler
Show

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:05 pm

dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:If you use the hide tool on sections you've already finished then you can increase the number of bricks your processor can handle
Well done Colette, you've gone and started an arms race, where 200 stud long planet killers of the line render every ship that has came before as completely irrelevant.
And now I'm fighting you. Looks like I'm gonna have to get to LDD and make some monsters of my own...
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Darkstorm wrote:
dilanski wrote:
Colette wrote:If you use the hide tool on sections you've already finished then you can increase the number of bricks your processor can handle
Well done Colette, you've gone and started an arms race, where 200 stud long planet killers of the line render every ship that has came before as completely irrelevant.
And now I'm fighting you. Looks like I'm gonna have to get to LDD and make some monsters of my own...
The way you said this it bothers me i can figure out why
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 am

Already have the front half of a dreadnaught that *so far* exceeds 100 studs. Heheh... :twisted: :warhead:
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

dilanski wrote:The M50 Excavo mining ships were built by Outland Conglomerate, aiming for numerous export customers in Nehellenium. Capable of holding 240,000 cubic metres of processed asteroid ore, the M50 Excavo compares favourably to the currently sparse market for heavy duty mining vessels. It's low crew requirement, made possible through automation, including a swarm of mining drones to chew through rock faster then a laser only system, while keeping costs low. Outland Conglomerate is expecting for fleets of Excavo's to be churning out large quantities of Trans-Materials throughout Nehellenium in short order.
Spoiler
Show

I just noticed, this is an exhumer from EVE, right?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:21 pm

... Fuck. Photobucket.

OK, well so long Praetorian fleet yard. It was nice knowing you. I'll be moving this all to my Armoury post. It'll take a while, there are dozens of posts worth of content, but I've been wanting to consolidate everything into one thread anyway.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Damn it tho...