Nexo Knights Battle Suits

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

SynchingShip
Champion
Champion

Nexo Knights Battle Suits

Post by SynchingShip » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I picked up a couple of these and they are fantastic - sturdy & versatile. My question is, how would you stat them in BrikWars terms? The minifig inside them is obviously 1", but the suit itself is appx 1" as well (it's Structure is entirely the torso, I presume, since the head belongs to the minifig). The way I see it, it would probably work as a "strength-enhancing exoskeleton" for the pilot, so 1"+1" = 2", allowing it to wield up to 4" worth of weapons/shields per turn (which, incidentally, the canonic weapons are about 3" + a 1" shield).

Thoughts?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Nexo Knights Battle Suits

Post by sahasrahla » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:04 pm

they look so dumb in the pictures but actually kinda cool in person

SynchingShip
Champion
Champion

Post by SynchingShip » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:47 pm

sahasrahla wrote:they look so dumb in the pictures but actually kinda cool in person
Yeah, kinda like the Iron Man helmets. At first, I didn't like them b/c they looked like bobbleheads in the pics, but then I got a couple of them (I think it was that IM3 boat w/ War Machine), and saw them IRL, and they were actually nicely proportional. I guess it's true what they say, "the camera adds 5 lbs."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:15 pm

5 lbs is a lot of Lego. That'd be some pretty fat exoskeletons.

The measurement from the neckline to the bottom of the pelvis is close enough to 2" that I'd just stat these as 2" Vehicles. The more interesting question is how to best use those shield powers.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Interesting. In my group with something like that we usually measure the height from the top of the body to the foot. Which in this case would yield the same results that Stubby had as we would've fudged that to 2". With mechs especially I tend to measure legs even though they're propulsion systems as it just feels wrong not to include them in the structure level since they're such an integral part of the creation. A mech that is 8" tall with 4" legs and a 4" torso in my mind should count as Size 8", not Size 4". Of course this is BrikWars so whatever you prefer is correct for you. I might try a game using this method.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:21 pm

The reason mechs are measured the way they are is because legs are something that consume power, rather than provide power. Giving a mech longer legs doesn't give it more power to power weapons; it'd be the reverse. But more importantly, I shouldn't be able to decrease your mech's power supply for weapons by cutting off its shins.

SynchingShip
Champion
Champion

Post by SynchingShip » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:57 am

stubby wrote: The measurement from the neckline to the bottom of the pelvis is close enough to 2" that I'd just stat these as 2" Vehicles. The more interesting question is how to best use those shield powers.
Fair enough, and then we could even give it a submissive "autopilot" mind to fight alongside a dismounted pilot.

As to the shield powers, SND/Heroic Artifacts come to mind.

Hamahaki
Officer

Post by Hamahaki » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 am

They look weird with that chest design
Banned from both brikwars discords 3 times

Vason
Hero

Post by Vason » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 am

stubby wrote:5 lbs is a lot of Lego. That'd be some pretty fat exoskeletons.

The measurement from the neckline to the bottom of the pelvis is close enough to 2" that I'd just stat these as 2" Vehicles. The more interesting question is how to best use those shield powers.
They seem like an excellent representation of Supernatural Talismans. Normally, each Knight can only wield a single cliché, but the triple shield gives them access not only to 2 more dice, but also 2 more clichés that can be powered by said dice.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm

That's true. I do like how well the shields lend themselves to swapping in and out for different cliches.