Photobucket question!

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Photobucket question!

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:48 am

Hey guys!
I finally joined Brikwars, though I have been ghosting in the shadows, ever observing the titans of construction do battle with each other in awe. I heard about the Photobucket thing, and this got me wondering: Have you guys found a new platform on which to put your pics for future conflicts? And ( this part of the question might be better put in one of the "New People" forums) how does the process of storing and uploading photos here work, in brief? I have only ever witnessed the end results of your magnificent conflicts in the past, but have never understood how Forum Battles work. Many thanks!
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: Photobucket question!

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am

Other hosts would be flickr and Imgur, to name a few. You copy paste urls of photo links onto the forum post, it's as easy as that. Hope this helps, if you don't understand a word I just said let me know :protip:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Other hosts would be flickr and Imgur, to name a few. You copy paste urls of photo links onto the forum post, it's as easy as that. Hope this helps, if you don't understand a word I just said let me know :protip:
Ok, I understood the first part. I'm worse than a novice at photo-posting, so any more explanation would be awesome. Would people have to go to those sites to look at the photos, or do these sites serve as a middle man? Or am I a complete dimwit and have the complete wrong idea?
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:52 pm

I use imgur, and how that works is you upload images to that, and then resize the pictures using imgur, (clicking on the pic and editing it) and ctrl-c-ing the BBCode link, (Message boards/Forums) And Ctrl-v-ing it in your post!
Done!

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:I use imgur, and how that works is you upload images to that, and then resize the pictures using imgur, (clicking on the pic and editing it) and ctrl-c-ing the BBCode link, (Message boards/Forums) And Ctrl-v-ing it in your post!
Done!
Awesome! Thanks for the help, Brik bros/ladies! I have some pics of some creations I've been hoping to upload for a while, although they won't be on the scale of some of the stuff I've seen (Warhead, Natalya, etc.)
What forum is for posting plain old creations, not tied to a particular battle? Would it be The Armory?
-Kal Skirata

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Posting is even easier with Flickr. Just go to any photo and select share, then click the BBCcode tab and it gives you links for various sizes of photos, then all you need to do is copy and paste. Flickr also has more storage space and is better for sharing stuff than Imgur.

Also, posting creations would be The Armory for armies, figs, vehicles, etc. or Bricks for random stuff.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Posting is even easier with Flickr. Just go to any photo and select share, then click the BBCcode tab and it gives you links for various sizes of photos, then all you need to do is copy and paste. Flickr also has more storage space and is better for sharing stuff than Imgur.

Also, posting creations would be The Armory for armies, figs, vehicles, etc. or Bricks for random stuff.
Alright, I have a Flickr account setup and the appropriate pics on it, but I'm unsure how to post them so they are an actual image, not just a link to my Flickr profile. And also how to have narration for each pic, like you guys do in Forum Battles. I guess I'm asking: now that I have the pictures, how do I put them in a post like you pros do?

Sorry I suck, guys. I have no knowledge for stuff like this. One of the main reasons why I didn't join up eariler.

UPDATE: I re-looked at VengefulOne's instructions for Flickr, and follwed them, so I THINK I've got how to upload photos. However, I don't want to spend time on the post with my creations, then find out the photos didn't take. Embarrassing! When I select the "preview" button, it shows the photo's URL i copied as "image" and a tiny little stock photo thing. Does this signify that it didn't take, or that it did successfully upload, but it just won't show it in the "preview" button?
-Kal Skirata