Warthunder chats(world of tanks welcome too)

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Warthunder chats(world of tanks welcome too)

Post by BriksKrieg » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey guys, anyone else a warthunder player? This is an area were all tankers and pilots and other mmo gamers can come chat about games not quite as ossum as Brikwars, bit still pretty seweet.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Warthunder chats(world of tanks welcome too)

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:27 pm

:studgod: anybody wanna talk about stuff, just HMU.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 am

I've played warthunder for a while, but then hit the wall of upgrades and microtransactions, so I just dropped it.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:46 am

I'm a level 47 siege tank player in HotS

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 am

Texhnophille wrote:I've played warthunder for a while, but then hit the wall of upgrades and microtransactions, so I just dropped it.
That sucks. If you want to try playing again, hit me up. I believe that's changed.
Arkbrik wrote:I'm a level 47 siege tank player in HotS
I've never played Hots before. Is it kinda like Planetside 2? Or heroes and generals?

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 am

It's like Dota but with no items, no gold, more than one map, and much better.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am

Arkbrik wrote:It's like Dota but with no items, no gold, more than one map, and much better.
Oh. Yeah, I can see the similarity.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 am

Does Brikwars have it's own Discord server? I've seen a couple threads on it, but i still can't tell.

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Well, one or two. Brickwars and drama. you know how it is.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:04 pm

I've been playing NeoTokyo a couple of times and it's really nice. Takes some time to get used to, but still a competent source-engine shooter with enough identity to not be considered a CS clone. The gaming community is also pretty good, zero assholes to whine about. You can also end up playing in some half-finished game map some programmer just wants to test out with other players being the testers which is something I'd never seen before, let alone participate in it. The only problem for me is that the game's servers are only populated during the nighttime.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:Well, one or two. Brickwars and drama. you know how it is.
Yup
Texhnophille wrote:I've been playing NeoTokyo a couple of times and it's really nice. Takes some time to get used to, but still a competent source-engine shooter with enough identity to not be considered a CS clone. The gaming community is also pretty good, zero assholes to whine about. You can also end up playing in some half-finished game map some programmer just wants to test out with other players being the testers which is something I'd never seen before, let alone participate in it. The only problem for me is that the game's servers are only populated during the nighttime.
This NeoTokyo game, is it free, or an indie game? It sounds pretty neat.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:56 am

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:
Steel_Valkyrie wrote:Well, one or two. Brickwars and drama. you know how it is.
Yup
Texhnophille wrote:I've been playing NeoTokyo a couple of times and it's really nice. Takes some time to get used to, but still a competent source-engine shooter with enough identity to not be considered a CS clone. The gaming community is also pretty good, zero assholes to whine about. You can also end up playing in some half-finished game map some programmer just wants to test out with other players being the testers which is something I'd never seen before, let alone participate in it. The only problem for me is that the game's servers are only populated during the nighttime.
This NeoTokyo game, is it free, or an indie game? It sounds pretty neat.
It' kompletely free to play on Steam.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 am

Another good game, with some BrikWars mentality to it, is Helldivers. It's not the cheapest thing ever, but the core mechanix are done really well. It's a squad-based top-down tactical shooter that revolves around completing the objectives on the map, preferably not getting yourself killed by the locals, and getting out alive. You can play it solo, but it's really hard. The game's fluff is the most in-your-face Starship Troopers parody, making it an original mix with nicely polished game mechanix. In terms of variety, though, you can only have various weapons and stratagems. Most maps look pretty much the same, and the game doesn't expand it's mechanix or maps or enemies any further. Luckily, anything this game does, it does really-really well. And it's also a blast to play with friends.
And when I say "BrikWars mentality", I mean The Triple Ossum: Comedy, Tragedy, and Stupidity.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:17 am

Texhnophille wrote:Another good game, with some BrikWars mentality to it, is Helldivers. It's not the cheapest thing ever, but the core mechanix are done really well. It's a squad-based top-down tactical shooter that revolves around completing the objectives on the map, preferably not getting yourself killed by the locals, and getting out alive. You can play it solo, but it's really hard. The game's fluff is the most in-your-face Starship Troopers parody, making it an original mix with nicely polished game mechanix. In terms of variety, though, you can only have various weapons and stratagems. Most maps look pretty much the same, and the game doesn't expand it's mechanix or maps or enemies any further. Luckily, anything this game does, it does really-really well. And it's also a blast to play with friends.
And when I say "BrikWars mentality", I mean The Triple Ossum: Comedy, Tragedy, and Stupidity.
sounds ossum!!! :studgod:

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:31 am

If you like WWII stuff, Men of was Assault squad is pretty good, kinda pricey on steam, but w/ modding it makes it worth the price.