They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

All Hallow's War [FINAL TURN]

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Recommended reading

The graveyard shift begins as The PumpKing gathers his kinsmen.

"Get locked and loaded gentlemen," instructed The PumpKing, "It's going to be a frightful night. For them that is."

The flamethrower-wielding pump'kinsmen, simply named the 'Lighter', surveys his brethren and waits.

Just beyond the gates, two Pump'kinsmen Smashers stand ready.

Above them, a kinsman mans a single cannon with dynamite stuck cartoonishly inside.

Meanwhile, Ken gathers the locals. "Alright everyone! Just follow my lead and we'll all be fine! I guess we need a name too for aesthetic reasons.

...How about the Scream Team?"

The nearby witches do not look amused.

Behind him, a cloaked skeletal figure stirs from his place.

"Sorry," says Zupponn, "but you guys are paying me to collect Hellhunt entries, not defend against hordes of hippies."

"Well, damn," Ken replies. "I guess that's fine. Then... defend the Hellhunt entries!"

"Nah."

Nearby, a Vampire Knight picks up his bloodaxe to Join the group of locals Ken is gathering.

Mr. Skeltal hurries toward the Southwest corner of the battlefield to meet up with his skelebois. "Hurry up ya lazyboneses! We got some fuccbois to skewer!"

"Thank Mr. Skeltal!" The skelebois chant as they march forward.

"Alright people, lets get a move on! Pacifass is paying us a fortune to tear this place down!" Shouts Bill the Unbuilder through his loudspeaker.

The Unkonstruction Krew trudges toward the fortifications, accompanied by a dreaded StudLift.

A group of Peacekeepers approaches on the fly, whose appearances are enough to make a vampire's skin crawl.

As well as a group of Hellhunt protesters accompanied by the terrifying presence of a TruceAss.

Pacifass himself emerges from the once-dead forest with a nefarious grin. "Your Hellhunt ends tonight and for every year after!" He shrieks in delight. "Go forth, loyal apostles! Go forth and dismantle all the nonbelievers revere!"

Overviews

A giant spider sits atop it's rocky shelter and overlooks the coming battle, its multiple eyes fixed everywhere at once.

It holds no alliances, and will only subdue those who wander too close to whatever treasure lies in the cavern.

But what madman would face the jaws of death just for the temptation of treasure.

On a semi-related note, what in the name of maniac beer is that generator for?

Near the graveyard's gates, a cottage that burned down long ago is now inhabited by some ghostly tenants.

Another mysterious chest lies below them, but does it contain a trick or a treat?

Perhaps obtaining this spirit's key will unlock the answer.

Factions

Invaders:

The Apostles of Pacifass - motorhead fan

Unkonstruction Krew - Falk

Defenders:

The PumpKingsmen - Bookwyrm

Scream Team - sahasrahla

The Skelebois - DJ Squidley

Others:

Secret Faction - Scratch

Welcome to the All Hallow's War!

This battle as no turn-limits and will end when either faction's troops are depleted. Faction objectives are simple:

Invaders, you must destroy the opposition. Bring down the vile Hellhunt patrons! Eliminating The PumpKing is key here, all the while securing your way to the warpgate.

Defenders, protect the portal and keep the PumpKing from perishing! Kill all those trying to take the fun and glory of the Hellhunt away from you.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: All Hallow's War - Turn 0 - Signups!

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:28 pm

fukkin beautiful man, i gotta get in on this

scream team plz

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:32 pm

You're in! Just need someone to play for the Apostles of Pacifass.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:14 am

Can I play the Apostles of Pacifass?

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

Okay, you're in! All spots have been filled.

Everyone, Send me your orders! :belushi:

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:11 pm

So many awesome things going on here!

StudLift :D

Kommander Ken

Re: All Hallow's War - Turn 0

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Just waiting for Motorhead.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am

Sp00py setup, nice work! I'm waiting to see how this turns out.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 pm

Do I get to be me?

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Zupponn has unlocked the surprise playable character: Zupponn.

That'd be a yes.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Talk about super secret factions. Actually not a bad thought...
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Kommander Ken

Re: All Hallow's War - Turn 1

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:49 am

Turn 1

Player Initiative for the turn:

1. Skelebois (DJ Squidley)
2. PumpKingsmen (Bookwyrm)
3. Apostles of Pacifass (motorhead fan)
4. The Scream Team (sahasrahla)
5. UnKonstruction Krew (Falk)
6. Zupponn (Zupponn)

Skelebois

Mr. Skeltal's skelebois form up around the bone herder.

While the boneflingers create a firing line and wait for the fuccbois to come in range.

Mr. Skeltal performs a heroic feat and plays something weird from his trumpet. No one knows how such an instrument can produce such sounds, but no one bothers to question it.

The heroic feat is a success! Two more skelebois rise from the grave at the sound of Mr. Skeletal's doots.

The PumpKingsmen

The Smashers stationed at the gates ready their heavy weapons and position themselves to intercept the attackers.

The cannoneer grins manically as he lights the fuse to his cannon.

And fires a dud.

Meanwhile at the graveyard, the Pumpkinsmen take cover behind gravestones.

Despite the numbers coming at them, the pump'kinsmen looked anything but grim.

The Lighter takes cover behind the tower, checking his equipment waiting to get fired-up.

The PumpKing leaps to the top of the witches hut, having grabbed a jackolantern on his way up. He looks toward the ranks of Pacifass. "Come hither you flamboyant goons!" He shouts, his ghastly voice easily heard by them. "Come hither and meet your untimely demise!"

"The Great PumpKing himself!" Giggles Pacifass from afar.

"...Or should I say the fabled Jak O. Lantern?"

"You... No! I got rid of that name ages ago. Generic, tasteless!"

"You fuckers should know a lot about that kind of thing!"

The PumpKing successfully performs his heroic feat, hurling the flaming jackolantern straight at Pacifass!

But Pacifass is not so easily thwarted! His staff soaks up the damage.

And instead redirects it toward the ground a small distance away, destroying the flower patch and knocking a tree over in the process. The area around the impact is now lit on fire.

Apostles of Pacifass

The angry protesters make toward the nearest section of fence.

Their attacks on a simple 1x1 thick target are met with mixed results.

Two protesters fail so hard they drop their bats and are disrupted, while another smashes at the fence with her sign.

The attack manages to yield some success, the protesters have created a minifig-sized hole!

The peacekeepers float toward the commotion at the fence and stare up at the PumpKing with flowery malice in their beady eyes.

They wave their staves around while the patron of the Hellhunt reconsiders his positioning.

Too late, the peacekeepers combine their attacks into one floral beam.

Although his armor roll prevents any damage, the PumpKing is a little winded and getting increasingly frustrated.

"Y'know... you really shouldn't be... getting me mad."

The Scream Team

Meanwhile the team scramble around the place and use their actions to try to find some hidden items.

"C'mon there's gotta be something around here," mutters Ken as he peeks under the table.

"...Are you trying to look up my robe or something?" Zupponn asks.

"Jackpot!"

Ken rolls a crit and finds a ton of lumber just lying under the Hellhunt entry table.

Funkinstein also finds a small stack from under the cannon tower. It's totally not an important support-beam or anything.

One of the Bitchin' Witches finds a crank of some sort on the ingredient shelf. Why a crank would be an ingredient for a potion is anyone's guess.

The gang then dumps all their parts in the middle of the graveyard and try to figure out who is doing what.

UnKonstruction Krew

Some workers go up to the ghost holding the key and try to reason with it to give it to them.

While the other two nailgunmen fire at the cannoneer above, but don't do any damage.

The UnKnonstruction workers realize they can't negotiate with the supernatural and decide to shoot it instead. The ghost vanishes in a puff of spooky smoke and drops the key at their feet.

The mechanix meanwhile are on the move.

Bill the UnBuilder rises his loudspeaker and yells at his workers to work faster since the Hellhunt kind of ended days ago and that they were behind schedule.

Feat success! The mechanix start collecting building material like they just got actual well-paying promotions.

Zupponn

Zupponn gets super bored and tries to summon any and all nearby GT elements.

Success! He now possess a bunch of potion ingredients, including a stack of bubbling studs that used to be in the cauldron.

But what's this? Zupponn's activities seem to have stirred something within the warpgate's generator. It's a keg of Maniac Beer! It's powering the whole portal!

Overwatch

~End Turn 1~

Send your orders for Turn 2!

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: All Hallow's War - Turn 1!

Post by sahasrahla » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:44 am

fantastic first turn

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Pumkinarchy, fuckface!
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:48 am

Turn 2

The diceroll for initiate went as follows for the turn:

1. The Scream Team
2. UnKonstruction Krew
3. Skelebois
4. The Pumpkinsmen
5. Apostles of Pacifass
6. Zupponn

The Scream Team builds a catapult out of the parts they scavenged. There are still a few spare parts lying around nearby.

A couple of the witches start bitchin' Zupponn out, requesting that the GT be returned to their bubbling cauldron as it was a needed ingredient.

Zupponn however shrugs them off and reflects to himself on how disappointed he felt that this was the 'only' GT in his vicinity.

Meanwhile Ken, followed by the Vampire Knight, scramble around the back of the witches' hut to plant some traps for the coming invaders.

"Alright, so lemme just roll for this heroic feat to set them up super fast and-"

"-Oh dammit." Ken trips and drops his building material.

Feat critical-failed!

Ken finds himself in a precarious position. The Vampire knight looks in and can't decide whether to laugh or to facepalm.

The UnKonstruction Krew meanwhile seems to be having better luck. One of the workers picks up the key that the ghost had dropped.

He maneuvers into the ruins toward the charred chest, heedless of the other ghost's ghastly jeers. He prods the chest with the key, it's a perfect fit!

The chest opens to reveal... a mimic! The chest was just a trick after all, not a treat!

The mimic lunges at the unkonstruction worker. Miraculously the worker survives, but is pinned under the mimics candy corn teeth.

The mechanix meanwhile finish the ramp they had been building, no doubt fueled with determination after seeing the Scream Team finish the catapult in just a turn. Bastards.

A pair of the workers with modified nail guns make way toward the skelebois.

The two nailgun workers had wandered in range of the skelebois response fire.

Holy fuck (the blue dice were all he bonus crit-dice).

The workers didn't even have time to regret anything.

Bob the Unbuilder jumps atop the Studlift and kindly requests use of the vehicle.

The studlift is relinquished as Bob takes control. "Alright, time to put this thing into high-gear, over the fence, and into early retirement."

The Studlift's engine revs with some real promise, before dying. Horribly.

"Or not."

Feat failed!

The sledgebros didn't receive orders for the turn. Instead, they decided it was a good time to take a break. A break consisting of coffee and destructive thrash metal.

The skelebros were NPC'd for the turn, so logically they all moved up to meet the UnKonstruction Krew.

The skeletons that Mr. Skeltal summoned scrounged around for some kind of weaponry, picking up some planks from the Scream Teamn's spare parts.

Mr. Skeltal climbed aboard the bone herder simply because it looked really cool. No tactical reasoning behind it that I could think of anyway.

Here's a better view of the Skelebois positioning.

Image\\\

The Pumpkinsmen get bored of their grim positions behind the gravestones and decide to relocate.

Two of them follow Ken and the Vampire Knight, while another awaits at the corner of the witches' hut for the Pacifass supporters to get in range.

"Alright time to begin the turning of the tides, haha!"

The PumpKing raises his cane and tries to do a thing.

The thing works! The PumpKing summons a small swarm of bats.

Feat success!

The PumpKing hops aboard the swarm and directs it himself.

And he moves toward a very specific part of the battlefield.

The portal generator. Thing.

One of the smashers tries to fulfill part of his duty in killing a mechanic, but misses.

Atop the fence, the cannoner offers his kannon another stick of die-namite.

Like a true professional, the kannoneer coaxes the bundle of die-namite into the kannon.

This shot took a ridiculously long time to keep everything in place.

The blast doesn't destroy anything directly, but it knocks over the studlift's original operator.

The Lighter (flamethrower guy) punches a hole through the wall and tries to burninate some mechanix, but his flamethrower jams up. No damage was done.

The Apostles Of Pacifass pour into the hole in the fence.

The dimmies crawl through the wall.

The Peacekeepers float toward the gates, but are just out of range of any melee attacks.

Image]]

Pacifass moves forward on his cloud of hippy-peacefulness because he's too lazy to use his legs. He tries to use a spell but no enemy minifigs are in range.

Using his sweet powers, Zupponn starts swirling his GT around like something cool is about to happen.

Something cool actually happened! Zupponn made a mace with the GT he found.

Overviews

Alright, this battle has been taking forever for my ass to update, so prepare for Manly Santa Day-esque stuff to be floating around.

Send your orders for Turn 3! I promise they will be posted by ReKonstruction.