Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:37 pm

I love this thing.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:36 pm

I've been working on this guys for a little while now it started off with the turret (based on the Char 2C) that i wanted to fit a crew (it can fit 3 crew in the turret as well as 4 rounds of ammo) after i finished the turret i started working on a body for it and this is the end result. I think it turned out well i am rethinking the sponsons they are a little low for me and maybe a little small. Let me know what you guys think.

I also built a pair of light field guns for Caledonia as well.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 pm

I love those guns, and definitely see myself stealing the design.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Historynut13
Hero

Post by Historynut13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

I love the tank design and the field guns! Great stuff!
"Your life has value too."

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

I might just modernize that field gun design as well as making a few of those. It avoids being bulky like so many others do.
Also, if you're building a tank like that, I recently came into possession of a lemon russ from 40k, and I really like it's sponsons. you may want to look at that.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:I might just modernize that field gun design as well as making a few of those. It avoids being bulky like so many others do.
Also, if you're building a tank like that, I recently came into possession of a lemon russ from 40k, and I really like it's sponsons. you may want to look at that.
Tbh I dig the aesthetic as it is. A few of those frontal bricks are asking for some covering, but overall it's great!

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm

stubby wrote:Yeah, they had to fire 1500 redshirts just to finally get me. That's real dedication.

They informed all of us back in October or September or something, so it's not all that bad - lots of time to prepare, and I've got months of severance to just sit around and do nothing if I want. Or do a BrikWars kickstarter maybe. Whatever crazy idea springs to mind.
Not to dredge up old issues here, but I missed this thread of discussion the first time around. I know you were just tossing things out there, but have you given any more consideration to this Mike? What would you do with a Kickstarter project? Would it to be to raise funds to publish a hardcopy set of rules?
:studgod:ImageImageImage

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 am

Britannian field guns, immortal fighter, and a large cargo container
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 am

Red_SPAMbot wrote:Not to dredge up old issues here, but I missed this thread of discussion the first time around. I know you were just tossing things out there, but have you given any more consideration to this Mike? What would you do with a Kickstarter project? Would it to be to raise funds to publish a hardcopy set of rules?
Yes, that's right. There's a lot of work that goes into hardcopying a rules. I'd need (at minimum) to hire people for layout, editing, navigating all the dumb print-world stuff like ISBN etc, and legal counsel (there's a bunch of IP issues to sort out!) to get it in print shape; then I need to figure out crediting and compensation for anyone whose work appears in the book (which is a lot of people here). Then it's the printing and distribution, which I'd want somebody else to manage, so I'll have to partner up with some company for those, and figure out the costs of that. So that's what the kickstarting would go towards.

And before all that, I need to rewrite the whole thing for print, which has different requirements than a website where I'm just fucking around and putting in giant blocks of deliberately obtuse and terrible rules just to irritate people.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm

stubby wrote:
Red_SPAMbot wrote:Not to dredge up old issues here, but I missed this thread of discussion the first time around. I know you were just tossing things out there, but have you given any more consideration to this Mike? What would you do with a Kickstarter project? Would it to be to raise funds to publish a hardcopy set of rules?
Yes, that's right. There's a lot of work that goes into hardcopying a rules. I'd need (at minimum) to hire people for layout, editing, navigating all the dumb print-world stuff like ISBN etc, and legal counsel (there's a bunch of IP issues to sort out!) to get it in print shape; then I need to figure out crediting and compensation for anyone whose work appears in the book (which is a lot of people here). Then it's the printing and distribution, which I'd want somebody else to manage, so I'll have to partner up with some company for those, and figure out the costs of that. So that's what the kickstarting would go towards.

And before all that, I need to rewrite the whole thing for print, which has different requirements than a website where I'm just fucking around and putting in giant blocks of deliberately obtuse and terrible rules just to irritate people.
And you need to finish the rules.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 pm

stubby wrote:which has different requirements than a website where I'm just fucking around and putting in giant blocks of deliberately obtuse and terrible rules just to irritate people.
Obtuse and terrible? You mean collision rules weren't supposed to be the gold standard of game design? Huh.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Here's a random collection of stuff of various ages.

An up-scaled, slightly more Brikwarsy rat rod. I got a hold of that Fabuland roof last summer specifically for something like this, so I figured I'd finally put it to use.

A hormagaunt to go along with the dreadnought and sentinel.

A giant beetle. The idea is that the species was domesticated by traders, who remove their egg sacs to make room for storage, effectively making them a living, armoured safe.

Finally, a gryphon that I made about a year ago. I've moved twice since I built it so it's been sitting in storage for a while now, along with a ton of other stuff I've never taken pictures of.

In flight.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Very nice! That gryphon is beautiful.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:55 pm

dilanski wrote:
stubby wrote:which has different requirements than a website where I'm just fucking around and putting in giant blocks of deliberately obtuse and terrible rules just to irritate people.
Obtuse and terrible? You mean collision rules weren't supposed to be the gold standard of game design? Huh.
The next edition will be only collision rules. Book 1: collision rules Book 2: more collision rules
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?