Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Post by Maraxous » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:38 pm

So it would be a 2" radius 1d10 centered on him. Sweet. I can't wait to use him. :twisted:

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 am

I'm not sure about Burst Fire penalty calculations.
So, if I choose to fire a 2-shot Burst, does it make the penalty for each shot a -2 or a -1?

Also, do Target Size to-hit modifiers affect CC attacks?
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Texhnophille wrote:I'm not sure about Burst Fire penalty calculations.
So, if I choose to fire a 2-shot Burst, does it make the penalty for each shot a -2 or a -1?

Also, do Target Size to-hit modifiers affect CC attacks?
-2, and yes.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:59 pm

So with the new rules can the big mechs and tanks like size 6 and higher have 3d10 armor and 15" move? Definitely seems like the large space cruisers should.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 am

the mechdonalds big mech
Image Image

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Maraxous wrote:So with the new rules can the big mechs and tanks like size 6 and higher have 3d10 armor and 15" move? Definitely seems like the large space cruisers should.
15" is flying only. So space cruisers can move 15", ground-based tanks and mechs would be limited to 10".

I thought about adding further limits to the 4d10 and 5d10 armor levels, to 10" and 5" move respectively, but those are supposed to be abnormal exceptions in the first place so it's weird to tie "normal" limits to them.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri May 04, 2018 3:03 am

Feel kinda stupid for asking, but do vehicles detonate upon dropping down to 0 HP and if they do, how much explosive d10s is there gonna be?
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Texhnophille wrote:Feel kinda stupid for asking, but do vehicles detonate upon dropping down to 0 HP and if they do, how much explosive d10s is there gonna be?
Not currently. I've tried to bring this into the game in a couple of different ways over the years but nothing's really worked out in a way that satisfied me.

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Mon May 07, 2018 4:07 pm

I have always done exploding vehicles either as a player agreement before the game, or by vehicle type. Cannon carts do explode. Horse draw war chariot does not. Motorbikes or mecha may be destroyed afterward. Like shoot the gas tank, or enable self destruct.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed May 09, 2018 1:47 pm

I'd love to have a hard-and-fast rule for it, but so far this seems to be the best way to handle it. Anybody has any ideas, let me know. Anything I've tried has always just ended up being too klunky or too easily abused.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Why isn't it just everything explodes, xsize=effective size before destruction?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Because then vehicles become better weapons than the weapons, and every game devolves into kamikaze vehicle attacks. It's funny at first but it gets old fast.

Generally, all vehicles are down to 1" or 2" effective size before destruction, and the amount of damage it takes to destroy them makes the extra explosion moot.

If you were going to do this, you'd make a roll every time the vehicle took size damage, to make it less controllable by the vehicle owner. Or you'd tie it to Over the Top bennies on the action roll, or critical successes on the bonus dice (making "exploding dice" literal).

Maybe something like this: When inflicting Size Damage on a fuel-powered target, every time you roll a Critical Success on one or more dice in the Damage Roll, you can save any number of the Bennies to use as Exploding Dice, creating an Explosion as a side effect at the point of impact (selected by the defending player, if the attacker didn't specify). For every point of Size Damage successfully inflicted, you can spend one Exploding Die to add one d10 to the Explosion. The Explosion does Component Damage, separate from the Size Damage already inflicted.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:02 pm

If all launcher payload hits the target, does it deal combined or separate damage?

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:12 am

Texhnophille wrote:If all launcher payload hits the target, does it deal combined or separate damage?
All the "real" hits do combined damage. Payloads that miss the attack roll, but still hit due to a near hit and are effect damage or something, are not included in the combined damage.

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Kind of a dumb question, but . . . If I fire into a Phalanx Shield wall with an explosive they don't automatically parry that do they? :mystery: I ruled that they don't, but the boys think the should be able to tank it out.