[JJJ18] Assault on Baie Rouge

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

[JJJ18] Assault on Baie Rouge

Post by Duerer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:18 am

Unlike most countries in the Purple Sector, the County of Monet has no involvement in any wars, allowing this rather small nation to focus on trading and thus amassing quite a fortune. However, where there's a fortune, there are always people desperate to get their share of it as well, regardless whether they might deserve it or not. Thus the only real threat Monet has to deal with are gangs of pirates raiding their trade fleets and terrorizing fringe worlds for gold. These bandits are ruthless but on top of that unpredictable, for they still master the arts of traditional naval combat, which has been long forgotten, ever since warships are being built in orbit instead.

ImageAssault on Baie Rouge
One of these raids happens to be the Assault on Baie Rouge, where a bunch of pirates managed to ambush a rather sparsely defended emplacement of the Count's army in order to make way for their comrades to plunder the near by trading post.

Even though the pirates only came with a track lugger and a couple of makeshift boats, the Count's garrison was no match for the intruders.

Pierre got the worst luck out of them all, taking a direct hit from the lugger's cannon. Just look at his poor, anguished face!

One of Pierre's brothers in arms immediately retaliates by firing on the lugger, landing a mere glancing hit alas.

While her mate is paddling like a maniac, Candy landed a quick shot with her flintlock pistol into another soldier's abdomen.

The commander of this area is visibly pissed. Quickly he calls forth reinforcements as a six-shooter mortar is being carried to the emplacement. But will it be enough to fend of the attackers?

And what's with these weird books next to the mortar popping out of nowhere?!

A camera and some beef jerky?! Where did that come from?

A bunch of frigging dice! This could only mean...

Of course! A bunch of nerds having a war gaming night! The red nerdess took over the pirates, whereas the ble nerd is playing the Monet garrison.

Having rolled a double crit, the red nerdess is having the time of her life.

The blue nerd, being furious over is army about to get utterly wrecked, argues with the green nerd about whether her move was legal or not. The green nerd, however, reassures that everything she did was fine according to the rulebook, thus dismissing blue's attempt at rules lawyering.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: [JJJ18] Assault on Baie Rouge

Post by Zupponn » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:11 pm

That has to be the smallest pack of beef jerky that I've ever seen.

Aslo, the diorama is really cool.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Local supermarket chain had a promo years ago, where they gave random packs of mini-sized food toys. Just when I got back into collecting action figures I decided to unearth these for dumb photo shots.

Also, thx.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am

These explosions and gunshots are marvelous.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Style – 8/10
Pirate shenanigans are best shenanigans. Your special effects are top-notch and the battle scene itself looks exciting.

Substance – 8/10
Relatively simple build, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The colors are great, and the detailing with the nerdesses.

Photography – 10/10
Fantastic pictures on my end. The lighting really mimics that of a beach scene.

Theme – 1/10

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Style: 8/10

Substance: 8/10

Photography: 9/10
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Style: 9/10
I really like the battle scene on its own, but the idea of it being a game, as well as the action figures and their posing, make this even better.

Substance: 7/10
The gunshots, explosions, and vehicle builds are all great, but I'm not 100% sold on the rest of the terrain. I can't really tell how deep the water is supposed to be, because the boat tank is on top of the water but the barrel pirates are still rowing? I also think a few small water effects around the stuff in the water would have done a lot of good for the build.

Photography: 7/10
The angles of the photos are well chosen, but lighting could be a bit better. It does the job, but it's very warm in colour and a little inconsistent between pictures.

Theme: 2

Total: 23 (2)
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.