Depths of Darkness (Round 2)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Depths of Darkness (Round 2)

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:24 pm

Sir Garth suddenly blitzes forward...

Critical success! He gets behind an assassin and runs her through before she can react.

He then tries to strike down another, but she wisely decides to bail.

Despite her perk she lands on her face and gets disrupted.

Xalen flies over to Nimoë.

Alerted by the sound of flapping wings, she pushes herself up and squints, seeing the dark figure heading towards her.

Nimoë: "Stay away, wretched thing!"

Nimoë: "You're wasting your time! Our victory is inevita-"

*boot*

"You're lucky I will need you later," Xalen says as Nimoë crashes against the ground, unconscious [for the rest of the battle].

Normally Xalen can only switch forms at the start of his round, but with a successful heroic feat he manages to switch back to his knight form already.

"So close, and I'm still unable to kill you. You keep finding ways to vex me, Phineus." Wait, where'd he go?

Phineus was gone, and from his Black Citadel three Dark Elf Bloodbinders came rushing out. They had been expecting a ritual, not a fight, but circumstances declared they had to spill blood in a different way, something they were not at all opposed to.

The disrupted dark elf picked herself up and had enough movement left to join in a combined attack on Sir Garth.

One attack was parried, but the second blow was a crit. :shock: Garth could feel the sword biting into his skin, but it didn't go deep enough to kill or incapacitate him. (The damage equaled his armour).

Garth then added insult to injury by impaling one of the assassins with his counter strike.

The Bloodbinders repositioned while sticking close enough together to support each other. Normally bloodthirsty beyond belief, the warrior women now held off their attacks, knowing that all they needed to do was survive until the expedition's army had been crushed and reinforcements came to relieve them.

"Cowards," Xalen muttered.

I did this part of the battle first this time because it was convenient. As long as they're not fighting Phineus the order doesn't really matter. I'll resolve and get the rest of the round up in a couple hours.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Re: Depths of Darkness (Round 2)

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Sorceress Mordra!

The sight of the wraiths using unholy fire against her allies really makes Mordra's blood boil. Turning fire against the fire wraiths wouldn't really work seeing as they're immune to it, so she aims to overcharge their head gems instead.

"Only I command the Flame," Mordra sneers.

Critical success, with an extra 6 on top! Each wraith loses his head gem and takes 1d6 damage - two wraiths' heads burst apart like overripe melons, the surviving two are suddenly far less dangerous.

The Trogdor leaps!

He catches a fire wraith in his jaws and om nom noms it.

Then he sets a skeleton on fire. The damage isn't enough to kill it, but the fire will do continuous damage. A size 1 flamethrower is actually not that bad now that I think about it.

The rest of the royal troops reposition, guarding the choke next to the flame wall.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Woad Elves

The archers nail down a grave wraith.

The warbands then rush upon the chariot, attacking the wraith on it (which only one could reach), the nightmare pulling the chariot and a skitterling that happened to get in the way.

The horse and the skitterling are killed, the wraith stands his ground.

The guy who was disrupted earlier sprints to rejoin his companions.

The jungle stalker moves towards the giant skeleton, but can't reach it for now.

Previously disrupted guardians also get up and move back towards the frontlines.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:40 pm

Miranda Oneshot

The GMP rolls a '2' again but Near miss allows him to blow up two skitterlings. 4 Poo-Splosions remain.

He moves up and misses his strike against a skitterling that he comes across. Some of the critters gnaw at him but he brushes it off.

Men-At-Arms loose another volley, killing two skitterlings. Miranda and Jorum hold their fire for now.

Zahru!

Zahru chops off the giant skeleton's head, doing 1 SP damage to it. Being an undead, it can still function without it, however.

The head falls and crushes a skeleton.

Zahru has more in mind though. He summons one of his magical javelins and jams it into the creature, controlling the energy pulses as a way of controlling it.

Critical success! The creature may make an attack immediately.

It swings its massive blade, hits, and I roll 3 6's, I shit you not. The massive damage cleaves through 8 skeletons and a Bitchy Witch. :shock: For this feat of awesomeness, Zahru is awarded an Almighty Benny!

Give it up for Zahru folks! :boss:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Voytek

The Valkyrie scores... a critical success, and Nimra is back in action. :lol: The heroes are getting really lucky this round so far.

I shouldn't have said that. :? Not keeping up with current trends and crit failing his feat, Voytek snaps the bowstring on his bow, making it unusable.

The Valkyrie moves towards the next fallen ally and starts healing again, guarded closely by the minotaur.

Undead Army

Aelcar tries to buff the catapult's accuracy, rolls a '1', and ends up cursing it instead. :?

The undead realize they have to do some damage back however considering the massive losses they're taking, so the catapult fires anyway, hoping for a lucky shot or a Near Miss opportunity.

This is the moment Miranda's been waiting for. She knocks an arrow and shoots, aiming to knock the catapult's projectile back into the undead ranks...

... and crit fails, sending the explosive straight into its intended target instead. :oops: The explosion kills two of the royal troops outright and knocks the armoured soldier on her back.

Jorum shoots a skitterling as the beasts surge forward.

The rest of them (6 in total) attack the Great Mighty Poo, but he withstands the damage and crushes one under his Poo-Fist in response.

Seeing her brood's numbers dwindle, the Spider-Mom hastily hatches three more of her foul offspring.

The grave wraith chariot charges, dealing 1 SP damage to TGMP.

The other wraiths fail to accomplish anything.

Aelcar, though dreaming of one day taking Phineus' place, tries hard to get through the expedition's defenses, and aims his staff, aiming to summon 1d6 vermin for a single attack...

5 shadow scorpions appear and tear apart one of the spear-elves, then disappear again.

The skeleton that was on fire succumbs to it.

Two of the Greater Skeletons move forward through the response fire and latch onto the remaining royal soldiers. They got into range of Mordra, who took a swing at one of them but crit failed.

Eight skeletons turn and combine attacks on the giant skeleton. The first to attack got counterattacked but this time the giant skeleton missed.

It is brought down, but crushes two skeletons as it falls. Zahru takes 4 fall damage and is disrupted, but otherwise fine.

A Bitchy Witch finally reveals what they really are... Mediks! She starts working on bringing back the Wight King.

The skeleton horde shambles forward, one getting crushed as it gets too close to the jungle stalker, three of them working together to brutally murder the disrupted royal soldier.

A round with lots of losses for the undead, but they are relentless and on the expedition's side every loss is keenly felt!

You can send your orders for round 3.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:48 pm

Sir Garth uses his feat to tear the head off the last dark elf assassin with his pike. If she dies, he saves his response action and moves to join Xalen. If not, he attacks her again.

Also, that moment when Zahru is singlehandedly responsible for a dozen undead losses in one turn :boss:.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:53 pm

Modra buffs her remaining men’s damage with kickass fire weapons, and they all attack the skeletons.

Trogdar goes for the witch and uses his full force to claw and burninate her

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 pm

The jungle stalker takes on the catapult.
The woad elves press their attack on the wraiths, try to get to their leader. One archer gives voytek his bow and joins the infantry.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:35 am

Jorum and men at arms shoot lil spiders around Poo. Jorum keeps distance away from enemy lines.
Poo regens his lost health and, if he can, smashes the spearman and shoots newly born spiderlings.
Miranda goes for the queen and tries to find and shoot at the spider mom's weak point.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:36 am

Create a fire aura around Xalen (feat), then advance on the banshees and attack the closest one.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page