BRRROOOOOOOTALLLZZZZZ
45%

Total votes: 31

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Ragnablok: The Official Thread

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:25 am

Adapted from the Works of Zahru wrote:The Brikverse always self-corrects.

For too long has complacency and bureaucracy lingered within the universe as a bloated tumor. It was inevitable that such inaction would be met with an equally severe reaction. Ultimately, it came in the form of the BROOTALZ - an enigmatic legion of savage orkoids that erupted like green pus from a fetid wound and descended onto the galaxy. Fueled by nothing but sheer, blind hatred and rage towards everything, the hordes left nothing but complete and utter devastation in their wake.

The BROOTAL plague quickly spread beyond the invading forces. Other orks throughout the galaxy also experienced a strong bloodlust overtaking them, bringing the same degree of relentless carnage to worlds out of reach of the main horde. The concentration of the BROOTALZ' shared psychic fury culminated in a ravenous, astral gestalt that set out to feast on the minds and hearts of the inhabitants of Nehellenium, driving many to similar levels of unbridled frenzy. Others gazed at the brutality and scope of the violence and joined in on the slaughter, either to further their own interests, or because such senseless decimation seemed like a good time to cut themselves (and others) loose.

The BROOTALZ will not stop until the entire Nehellenium Galaxy is ground to dust. The heroes of the Brikverse prepare to make a stand against the savage hordes, not realizing that their assault is only a harbinger of worse things to come... things no one can stop.
***** WELCOME TO RAGNABLOK *****
(a modest proposal)

What is Ragnablok?
The Brikverse has been in a state of stagnant war for too long. Now, a new war is coming that no one can win. Brootalz, the green-skinned embodiment of violence, rise up uninvited across Nehellenium and wreak havoc on the status quo. Other agents of chaos gleefully join their ranks. A new Warhead shard with allies from an alternate universe and an unknown agenda marches through the rift torn into Trattorian space. The whole Gold Sector is fucking missing. In its place, mysterious buttifakts appear. Everyone wants them but no one knows why.

Ragnablok will be a huge community event featuring many forum battles and soaps, culminating in an ultimate battle to determine the fate of the Brikverse. The goal is to bring a final blaze of glory to the current Kanon, then soft-reboot the universe.

How will Ragnablok work?
Not much will change at first. Everyday life in Nehellenium will be pretty ordinary and politics go on as normal. Current storylines can continue largely uninterrupted. As the Ragnaclock ticks down, general panic at the end of the world may set into the populace but that's up to you.

Ragnablok will officially start when I run the battle for the Buttnomikon. At the conclusion of the battle, I will establish a Ragnaclock. The number of factions who touch the butt will set the starting number on the Ragnaclock. Every battle and major soap arc played featuring the Brootalz, their allies, and other Ragnablok-adjacent stories will tick the Ragnaclock down by one. At the end, there might be an epic final battle. It won't matter. Then the Brikverse ends.

What will remain are the quantumsurfers of top content creators (as determined by the Ragna-Rating system, which measures how much stuff you create and how badass you are). These bold brikwarriors will face the final bosses of Ragnablok: such manifestations of the worst aspects of our universe as the Overwrought Kanon, the One-Up-Man-SHIP, and the Actual Piltogg. Their success will free the factions of the Brikverse from their malaise and begin a new age of absurd wargaming.

The aftermath has been left as an exercise for the reader. I assume many factions will continue to exist, albeit with changes. Perhaps some factions will be reduced in power and size or forced to wander in search of a home. Alliances and rivalries may survive or collapse. People may or may not remember experiencing Ragnablok or other Kanon. It doesn't matter to me as long as we end up with something that is pretty noob-friendly and still lets people tell the stories they want to tell.

How do I participate in Ragnablok?
The real Ragnablok was inside you the whole time!

I personally will run the kick-off battle, the final quantumsurfer battle, and the Ragnaclock. The rest is largely up to you! Decide for yourself how Ragnablok will affect your corner of the Brikverse, whether that's a Brootal invasion, an OT crisis, or something totally new! So far, I haven't heard any ideas I didn't like. Here are my only guidelines for content (so far):
  • Mention Ragnablok in your top post if you want it to count toward the Ragnaclock.
  • All items of interest during Ragnablok are Butt-themed.
  • Ragnablok cannot be stopped, but no one in-universe knows this.
  • Skeleton armies are an acceptable substitute for Brootalz but remember, Brootz don't Doot.
Other typical allies for the Brootalz include, but are not limited to, dimmies, roger-rogers, barnacles, and criminal organizations. However, don't feel pressured to invest in new minifigures or to work in existing Kanon. I tried to make Ragnablok self-explanatory and open-ended enough to allow anyone to participate. I think there will also be some special badges and achievements for noteworthy brikwarriors, on top of the chance to play in the final battle.

The Ragna-Rating System
Brikwarriors receive 1 point for the following:
  • Starting a forum battle and playing one round
  • Completing a forum battle
  • Participating in someone else's forum battle or chat battle
  • Winning a battle
  • Posting a chapter of a Magic Soap
  • Each featured post on the frontpage
Brikwarriors receive 2 points for the following:
  • Hosting and posting a real life or chat battle
  • Participating in a real life battle
Brace your butts and get ready for Ragnablok!
Last edited by ninja_bait on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

ninja_bait

Re: Ragnablok: The Official Thread

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 am

Comments, questions, criticisms, and insults welcome.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:47 am

I'm all for ending the current definition of the BrikVerse, preferably with a huge fight.

However I don't think it should be left to one single person to define the nature of the BrikVerse. The current definition, of a galaxy where interstellar empires fight over systems, has for better or worse evolved organically over time as a lot of people created space empire factions and had them interact with one another. If we fundamentally change the universe, that change should have wide acceptance in the community.

Furthermore, I don't think the BrikVerse should be defined at all. When you decide what the world you're fighting in looks like and what scale it's set at, you'll be excluding factions that don't fit in, seem too big, or seem insignificantly small. In a galaxy of multi-system empires, low-tech or nation-sized factions have trouble interacting with the stories going on between the "major players". Kastrenzo has talked about this in the discord, don't know if he's posted about it here. If you just change the scale of the BrikVerse, say, to a single planetary system, it doesn't solve these problems, because now the people who want to make interstellar empire factions get left out. Basically: whatever definition you choose, there will be factions that don't fit in.

My suggestion is: Don't have a definition. Let there be no one true answer to the question: "What is the BrikVerse?" Don't draw any maps. Different factions can view the world in different ways, but no one is more right than anyone else. Everyone fights as equals.

To give an example: A star empire and a medieval kingdom go to war with each other. The star empire sends its fleet across space, and lands armies that attack the kingdom's castles. The kingdom sends its army marching over the hills and plains until it reaches the space empire's cities, and lays siege to them. From the star empire's point of view, this is a war across space. From the kingdom's point of view, it is a war across land and sea. Neither view is better or more correct than the other; neither side is inherently stronger than the other.

Let the BrikVerse be chaotic and varied. There shouldn't be anything odd about spacemen, pirates, and knights interacting with and fighting each other. It should be the standard state of affairs.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:59 am

This sounds great! Especcially for people like me who really want to get involved in Brikwars, but don't know all of the "lore." I suggest we also make this a recruitment event to get tons of fresh blood.
THIS POST IS SEKURED BY SEKURE KORP.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Arkbrik wrote:I'm all for ending the current definition of the BrikVerse, preferably with a huge fight.

However I don't think it should be left to one single person to define the nature of the BrikVerse. The current definition, of a galaxy where interstellar empires fight over systems, has for better or worse evolved organically over time as a lot of people created space empire factions and had them interact with one another. If we fundamentally change the universe, that change should have wide acceptance in the community.

Furthermore, I don't think the BrikVerse should be defined at all. When you decide what the world you're fighting in looks like and what scale it's set at, you'll be excluding factions that don't fit in, seem too big, or seem insignificantly small. In a galaxy of multi-system empires, low-tech or nation-sized factions have trouble interacting with the stories going on between the "major players". Kastrenzo has talked about this in the discord, don't know if he's posted about it here. If you just change the scale of the BrikVerse, say, to a single planetary system, it doesn't solve these problems, because now the people who want to make interstellar empire factions get left out. Basically: whatever definition you choose, there will be factions that don't fit in.

My suggestion is: Don't have a definition. Let there be no one true answer to the question: "What is the BrikVerse?" Don't draw any maps. Different factions can view the world in different ways, but no one is more right than anyone else. Everyone fights as equals.

To give an example: A star empire and a medieval kingdom go to war with each other. The star empire sends its fleet across space, and lands armies that attack the kingdom's castles. The kingdom sends its army marching over the hills and plains until it reaches the space empire's cities, and lays siege to them. From the star empire's point of view, this is a war across space. From the kingdom's point of view, it is a war across land and sea. Neither view is better or more correct than the other; neither side is inherently stronger than the other.

Let the BrikVerse be chaotic and varied. There shouldn't be anything odd about spacemen, pirates, and knights interacting with and fighting each other. It should be the standard state of affairs.
Actually, I am sold on this opinion.

We will still have the final battle, because why not, but let it mean nothing.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Oh there should DEFINITELY be a final battle.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Arkbrik wrote:I'm all for ending the current definition of the BrikVerse, preferably with a huge fight.

I think it would be good to have a definition to a certain extent. It need not be enforced; it is rather a spring-board to inspire further creativity. You can not break the rules if you don't know them. I think the nature of chaos should not be " there are no rules", but "the rules keep changing and contradicting themselves." I like the idea of a new kanon and with that a slightly more easy way for people to make their own lore and whatnot. Go on with making maps and kanons my friends. A new age is upon us!

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Let me be frank.

I want to start over.
But this idea of making it revolve around the brootalz is an insult.

they have only been around for a few weeks or months. Why should a kanon-ending event be tied to a random newcomer in terms of the last 10 years of community work?

I would rather treat the brikverse as a giant simulation. You can have space areas, planets with landmasses, etc. but random teleportation would be the primary means of travel

I'd literarlly prefer to treat brikverse like the "Dad's" basement in the lego movie

just dozens of seperated realms

a space realm for all of the space nerds
a western world realm for the cowpokes
a cave realm for the luddites
etc etc

You can still draw borders and such inside the realms, but they're like floating baseplates all disconnected from one another, and they require serious tek or magik to travel between them

these are afterall, toys, and I'd rather just get back to the basic of a story of toys , that more or less acknowledge that they're toys, and fight other toys for toy supremacy.
I'm sure we'll all keep our niches but I'm personally very tired of the country in space thing
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:Let me be frank.

I want to start over.

they have only been around for a few weeks or months. Why should a kanon-ending event be tied to a random newcomer in terms of the last 10 years of community work?

I would rather treat the brikverse as a giant simulation. You can have space areas, planets with landmasses, etc. but random teleportation would be the primary means of travel

I'd literarlly prefer to treat brikverse like the "Dad's" basement in the lego movie

just dozens of seperated realms

a space realm for all of the space nerds
a western world realm for the cowpokes
a cave realm for the luddites
etc etc

You can still draw borders and such inside the realms, but they're like floating baseplates all disconnected from one another, and they require serious tek or magik to travel between them
Perhaps an over saturation of Warhead Shard OC's Pop up and start consuming all.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:17 pm

I want to start over.

I think the Brootalz are a great candidate since they are newcomers to the Brikverse, they don't carry a lot of lore baggage, and they're awesome. I didn't tie it to a character like Warhead so as to avoid the idea that they are a force to be beaten. They're not actually causing the end of the universe (so defeating them wouldn't prevent the end of the universe), they're just manifesting as a sign of the end of days.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Mesostopholes wrote:I think it would be good to have a definition to a certain extent. It need not be enforced; it is rather a spring-board to inspire further creativity. You can not break the rules if you don't know them. I think the nature of chaos should not be " there are no rules", but "the rules keep changing and contradicting themselves." I like the idea of a new kanon and with that a slightly more easy way for people to make their own lore and whatnot. Go on with making maps and kanons my friends. A new age is upon us!
Certainly people should make kanons and maps for their own factions! Just no single unified kanon, and no map of all the BrikVerse factions.

I want to start over.

If ninja_bait kicks off Ragnablok, then he deserves some extra spotlight on his faction.

And besides, everyone who participates in Ragnablok will naturally have it focus on the factions they have at hand. For my part, it's all going to revolve around Strawberry Guy

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm

ninja_bait wrote:

I want to start over.

I think the Brootalz are a great candidate since they are newcomers to the Brikverse, they don't carry a lot of lore baggage, and they're awesome. I didn't tie it to a character like Warhead so as to avoid the idea that they are a force to be beaten. They're not actually causing the end of the universe (so defeating them wouldn't prevent the end of the universe), they're just manifesting as a sign of the end of days.
That actually makes a lot of sense. They need to be something unfamiliar and alien.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Arkbrik wrote:If ninja_bait kicks off Ragnablok, then he deserves some extra spotlight on his faction.
Well, Kommander Ken's faction. I just worship at his feet.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Huh, I mixed that up. Sorry Kommander Ken!

Let me rephrase: If ninja_bait kicks off Ragnablok, then he deserves some extra spotlight on his favorite faction!

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:24 pm

ninja_bait wrote:

I want to start over.

Psssst We should just make this all a TW: atilla Parody. Brootalz become the huns.

The air was filled with smoke and blood.

https://youtu.be/tvkRW5OaCsI