Alright Lego, What's the Big Idea?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Alright Lego, What's the Big Idea?

Post by AZKAMAT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:17 am

For 2 years in a row now the SW Advent Calendar has sucked. Last year it was reasonable to shrug and blow it off as a fluke. Now, though, that we've gotten a terrible set again, consecutively, I think it's time to sound the shitty-pattern alarm and start complaining!

ON THE INTERNET!
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Alright Lego, What's the Big Idea?

Post by RedRover » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:58 am

What’s wrong with it?

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:05 pm

RedRover wrote:What’s wrong with it?
No unique, Manly Santa Day themed minifigure. That was the main selling point of the SWAC for years, starting with the Santa Yoda. I missed that one and subsequent Darth Maul santa but I did get the Santa Jango and Vader figures plus the Manly Santa Day-light covered white Chewbacca. (All 3 of these appeared in Brickingrad)

Last year's was a let down, having just a BB8 with a santa hat on. No neat printing or anything like that. One of the previous year's sets had had a dark green Manly Santa Day-tree R2 and it wasn't even the main event (which is the last pop-out box for the 24th of December). This year's looks even lower-effort than that. The reviews on Lego.com itself say anything I could here, like what Lego COULD have done instead.

It was just something really special, like an event, to get to go through the advent calendar and come out of it with a deluge of generic SW loot but with a unique centerpiece to cap it off. Now it seems to have lost the latter and is just a loot box that you open slowly.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:36 am

I literally have no idea what he's trying to say because of all the stupid wordfilters.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 am

I understand that the wordfilters can be confusing. For the sake of clarity, I'll correct every wordfilered word in this entire thread. Corrections are in red.
AZKAMAT wrote:For 2 years in a row now the SW Advent Calendar has sucked. Last year it was reasonable to shrug and blow it off as a fluke. Now, though, that we've gotten a terrible set again, consecutively, I think it's time to sound the shitty-pattern alarm and start complaining!

ON THE INTERNET!
AZKAMAT wrote:
RedRover wrote:What’s wrong with it?
No unique, Christmas themed minifigure. That was the main selling point of the SWAC for years, starting with the Santa Yoda. I missed that one and subsequent Darth Maul santa but I did get the Santa Jango and Vader figures plus the Manly Santa Day-light covered white Chewbacca. (All 3 of these appeared in Brickingrad)

Last year's was a let down, having just a BB8 with a santa hat on. No neat printing or anything like that. One of the previous year's sets had had a dark green Manly Santa Day-tree R2 and it wasn't even the main event (which is the last pop-out box for the 24th of December). This year's looks even lower-effort than that. The reviews on Lego.com itself say anything I could here, like what Lego COULD have done instead.

It was just something really special, like an event, to get to go through the advent calendar and come out of it with a deluge of generic SW loot but with a unique centerpiece to cap it off. Now it seems to have lost the latter and is just a loot box that you open slowly.
Hope that helps!
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:54 am

:D
Yeah he made me reread it and I found none.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:55 am

:troll: