Novium (Futuristic Fantasy)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Novium (Futuristic Fantasy)

Post by RedRover » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 am

Bragallot wrote:How did you make that map?
It was a website called inkarnate I think

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:58 am

The Dusk Elves of the Winterlands

Touched by the winds of winter and tainted by the influence of the dark magiks from the Northern Lands, the Umbsyrin are the darkest compared to their elven counterparts. Small in numbers, the Umbsyrin band together in small nomadic tribes that survive by raiding outposts and small villages. These tribes are matriarchal as male Umbsyrin are rare, and the ones that do exist are hidden away for safety. Dusk Elves often stay our of major conflicts, but when the forces of darkness pull at them strong enough they will join the battle. Some notable traits of the Umbsyrin is their affinity with the cold and their stealth abilities which is why other races of Novium refer to them as dusk or dark elves.

Note about Elves: There are three races of "pure" elves in Novium: The Dawn Elves, the Twilight Elves, and the Dusk elves. Those titles are more colloquial, while their actually racial names are Luxyrin for Dawn, Grisyrin for Twilight, and Umbsyrin for Dawn. All three elven lineages can be traced back to the same ancestor, but when the split happened and for what reason is lost to time.

Overwatch

Snow-Fel Huntresses
The most versatile of the Umbsyrin, they can kill from afar with precision cross bow shots or up-close with slits to the throat.

Wind-Chill Swordwers
The swift attacks with their cold steel blades is a-likened to being caught in a blizzard of knives. If this description is truthful is not really known, as those on the receiving end of the flurry of sashes don't survive.

Gale-Blade Swordwers
The huge steel blade can cut through foundations of stone or multiple enemies at once. The most skilled swordwers can swing their blades in a fashion to cause strong gusts of wind.

Tempest-Bender Enchantress
Harnessing the primal power of Winter, Tempest-Benders can command the cold to help allies or obliterate foes.

Rairlys, Winter's Warden & Frostbite
Rairlys is the leader of one of the most notable Umbsyrin warbands. For some of her feats and battle and taming a great winter wolf (Frostbite) she has been bequeathed the ceremonial title of Winter's Warden by other Umbsyrin leaders.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:19 am

Mentiock, The Sunken Ones

Civilization is not reserved for the plains, woods, mountains, and islands alone. Under the rippling seas of Novium is a society of aquatic beings, Mentiock, known as the Sunken Ones. The Mentiock rarely venture up from their submerged cities to meddle in the affairs of the land dewellers, but when they do they strike fear and confusion into the hearts of their foes. Not much is known about the Mentiock but some scholars theorize that they are worshippers of an other worldly being who's tentacled appearance drives mortals mad.

Overwatch

Tidal Tridents
Fierce warriors who surf the seas and strike their opponents with the force of crashing waves.

Tidal Guardians
Two handed pole-arms are capable of shooting energy blasts making Tidal Guardians dangerous from close and afar.

Tidal Beast
Warped by abyssal magik, tidal beasts take the ferocity of a great white shark onto land.

Kelar, the Riptide
A fierce commander of the Mentiock forces, Klear wields a black trident forged from deep abyssal metals.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 pm

REALLY digging the new Novium content, one of my favorite faction families in the community, I really like the fishy guys especially.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 pm

NICE, what's that head from?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am

Bookwyrm wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:25 pm
REALLY digging the new Novium content, one of my favorite faction families in the community, I really like the fishy guys especially.
Thank you! There are not a lot of aquatic factions that I'm aware of. I thought the head screamed mer-people
sahasrahla wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 pm
NICE, what's that head from?
Thank you! The head is from clone wars or a different starwars sub theme. I saw them for cheap in a BL order awhile back and just bought them on a whim for a future use.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 am

Double Post!

I updated the Celestial Order. I redid the original 3, added 3 more, and added some "regular" forces.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Updated the Dwarves and the Dawn Elves!