THE MICROFIG INSURGENCY

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

PugWalrus
Champion
Champion

THE MICROFIG INSURGENCY

Post by PugWalrus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:02 am

"Tired of being treated like lesser-beings, being bossed or even consumed by minifigs for energy, sick of being called munchfigs..."

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the first ever Microfig-Led Faction in Brikwars history (I think):

THE MICROFIG INSURGENCY!

Overwatch:

Obviously, Microfigs are much smaller than their Minifig counterparts, however they make up for this with their incredible building skills and sheer numbers. Microfigs do not inherently wish to destroy all Minifigs, and will even be happy to work with them if they are seen as equals (See: The Scarecrow Corps). However, many Minifigs refuse to accept the Microfigs as equal counterparts to themselves. The Microfigs will not take this lying down, and will destroy anyone they need to in order to gain the respect that they deserve among the dominant beings of the Brikverse.

Infantry:

While the Insurgency as a whole is heavily MOC-based, individual Microfigs still build themselves combat-suits in order to match the overall strength of the average Minifig. Capable of wielding both ranged and close combat weaponry to go toe-to-toe with any individual Minifig on the battlefield.

Additional Photo:

Microfig suits are highly customizable both weapons-wise and visually. Microfigs wish to be seen as equal, and individuality is highly encouraged as a principle of their overarching goal. Because of this, soldier morale is incredibly high and Microfigs embrace each other as brothers.

Hardsuits:

Heavier hardsuits may be necessary to deal with specialized units within an enemy army. Even more customizable and packed with anything from grenade launchers to sniper rifles.

Walkers:

(Seen as part of the SCC faction) Walkers are similar to hardsuits and are usually built to mow down massive waves of infantry, with heavy machine guns and miniguns relying on pumping out as many bullets as possible. They also may act as specialized units.

Drones:

Easy to build in huge waves, Swarm Drones are created in massive quantities and often sent to the front lines with a variety of weapons in order to wreck as much havoc as possible to clear a path for the main forces They move incredibly fast and hit hard so they can maximize their damage potential before they are destroyed. Individual drones can be built to be used as stealth drones for intel or assassinations.

Vehicles:

The heaviest weaponry currently in the Microfig arsenal. The Microfig tanks hold up surprisingly well against standard Minifig tanks. Sacrificing a bit of size in favor of speed and maneuverability. These examples include the Jitterbug Scout Tank (Left), the Baron-75 Main Battle Tank (Middle) and the Barricade Anti-Infantry tank (Right)

The Microfig Insurgency is designed to hit you fast and hard with guerrilla tactics, and to demolish an enemy before they have time to properly plan against such an attack. Blitz-Buggies are a huge part of this, as their speed and firepower are built to ambush entire squads of Minifigs at once.

Turrets:

Collapsible turrets may be set atop tanks or other vehicles as a defense system, and later dropped onto the ground in order to help fortify a position. These turrets can easily be moved from place to place and fully deployed within seconds.

Air Support:

Last but not least, my 2019 HPH entry: The Microfig Revolution Airship. While fleets of starships are in the process of being created in order to liberate the Microfigs of other worlds. The battlefield air-support currently comes from airships and bombers (coming soon) armed to the teeth, these airships can deal with a large variety of enemies, no matter how many or how armored they may be.

So that's it! This is my second ever faction and one that was inspired by a couple builds from my first faction! I plan on posting updates and additional creations frequently in the future so be on the lookout for those! I really hope you guys like it and I hope that the Microfigs and their cause can soon find a way into the proper lore of the Brikwars universe!
Proud creator of the Microfig Insurgency, never again shall we be called "Munchfigs"

My Factions:

The Microfig Insurgency: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 75#p359975

The Scarecrow Corps (SCC): https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17671

lordintype
something different

Re: THE MICROFIG INSURGENCY

Post by lordintype » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:10 am

I really like this faction, good work.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

PugWalrus
Champion
Champion

Post by PugWalrus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:22 am

lordintype wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:10 am
I really like this faction, good work.
Thanks man! Had a bunch of Microfigs lying around from the old Minotaurus board game and wanted to do something with them! I definitely plan on expanding these guys a lot in the future!
Proud creator of the Microfig Insurgency, never again shall we be called "Munchfigs"

My Factions:

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Damn, you actually managed to make the vehicles feel like something that would exclusively belong to these microfigs. Wish I could have managed that with these Jack Stone figs.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:12 am

Damn, this is cool. I remember I used to BrikWar against myself ( :asterios: ) with my own figs from the Minotaurus game when I was younger. Maybe I should dig them up and make my own Microfigs Insurgency . . .
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:39 am

This is awesome, now we need a Protofig faction.
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:38 pm

And the best part is, they still look so adorable with their tiny guns and tiny vehicles. :lol:

PugWalrus
Champion
Champion

Post by PugWalrus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:23 am

Might have to come back to this and build around it a bit more. Getting back into wargaming again so I might have to keep building on this

My Factions:

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm

yes pls