[Anno] Resurrection

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

lordintype
something different

[Anno] Resurrection

Post by lordintype » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Shortly after their awakening, on an insignificant planet, Contingency General Calar Ghorin leads a small group of soldiers to scout the nearby area.

Calar Ghorin: This mission has proved fucking fruitless, there appear to be no minifigs in the area, we might as well head back to base. What kind of opposition can we expect from the minifigs on this planet? How advanced are they?

T.W.A.T. Bot: I can detect only few transmission waves. The lack of detectable transmissions suggests a lack of advanced civilisation. Their tech is likely industrial at best, neolithic at worst. There is also the possibility that there is no minifig presence at all.

Calar Ghorin: I hope not, even primitive minifigs had to arrive here somehow, there should be spacecraft we can take and use.

T.W.A.T. Bot: Hold on, I'm detecting incoming life signs.

A small patrol enters the sight of the scouting party.

Patrol leader: What the... whoever these minifigs are, they look hostile! Attack!

The patrol charge the intruders, and the Contingency soldiers get into position and open fire.

The precise and efficient gunfire leaves the patrol leader and one soldier dead.

The final soldier flees in panic, gunfire ringing around him.

The contingency soldiers relax, their first fight in millennia won. Calar Ghorin turns to the T.W.A.T. Bot.

Calar Ghorin: Well, that's a fucking relief. Primitive minifigs should be easy to conquer. Soon, we will have control of this planet, and we can expand outwards. These barbarians will never stand in our way.

T.W.A.T. Bot: If all civilisation is as advanced as that one, I predict a 79% chance of success. We shall be victorious, General.

So here's my first attempt at a soap, I'm not very good at dialogue as you may be able to tell. Hopefully this'll go somewhere, but I've honestly got no idea what I'm doing.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Re: [Anno] Resurrection

Post by Archduke » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:58 pm

Now I want an Anno faction.
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:25 pm

Now I want a Medivo faction.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Pretty good, interested to see where it goes
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Pyro
Champion
Champion

Post by Pyro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 am

Thats damn good for the first soap
You are not worthy as my opponent

lordintype
something different

Re: [Anno] Resurrection - Part 2

Post by lordintype » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Calar Ghorin has called a meeting for his lieutenants in the Contingency's temporary base. The T.W.A.T. bot, Infantry Lieutenant Harlo and Vehicle Lieutenant Madwin have arrived to discuss their situation.

Calar Ghorin: We must strike soon while the iron is still hot. However, we can't mount a full attack until we have our vehicles online, and we can't get them online without power crystals. Harlo, any luck with the crystals?

Lieutenant Harlo: No sir. This planet does not apparently have any crystals exposed on the surface, we are most likely to find them underground or in the hands of our enemies.

Calar Ghorin: Neither of those options are tenable at the moment. We'll just need to-

Calar Ghorin is cut off as one of Harlo's scouts runs into the room

Scout: Sir! An interstellar vessel has crashlanded nearby!

Calar Ghorin: We must take control of any power crystals onboard the ship! We must send an armed squad to secure them, the primitives of the planet are likely to have noticed the crash too. Everyone, move out!

Calar Ghorin and the T.W.A.T. bot run to grab their weapons, and the lieutenants get their helmets on. The Contingency is moving out in force!
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!