The Beginning

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Theblackdog
Pooplord

The Beginning

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Part 1

T.L.A. ships flee the shattered remains of New York.
Chrome: "What's our plan now, Captain?"
Captain Fury: "That depends on whether we can survive the end of the universe. I don't know what it's going to be like..."

"But I doubt it'll be pretty."

Lt. Hawkins: "Captain, sensors detect some kind of energy wave! It's coming from directly astern. It's massive!"
Captain Fury: "This is it! All ships, brace for... Fuck! I dunno what, but brace for it!"

Lt. Hawkins: "Signal from the De Laval has been lost!"
Chrome: "Captain, there's some kind of gap in the energy field. It's not much, but it's our only chance."
Captain Fury: "I'm going for it!"

"COME ON!"

Later...
Captain Fury: "Was that... it?"
Chrome: "So it appears. I'm detecting new stars and planets forming at a massively accelerated rate."
Captain Fury: "Did... did any other ships make it out?"
Lt. Hawkins: "No capital ships. Some fighters and shuttles. I'm signaling them to form up with us."

Chrome: "There appears to be a planetary system with a habitable world ahead, Captain. Scans show no signs of civilization."
Captain Fury: "Finally some good news. Let's claim it and start re-establishing the T.L.A."
Lt. Hawkins: "Captain, with our remaining shuttles, it'll take forever to get everyone down to the surface-"
Captain Fury: "Don't worry, I have an idea."
Lt. Hawkins: "What-"
Captain Fury: "All crew, brace for re-entry!"
Lt. Hawkins: "Ulp."

Captain Fury: "Huh, this looks like a pretty nice planet. Good find, Chrome."
Lt. Hawkins: "Can we concentrate on not dying please thank you-"

Chrome: "So what was your plan for the actual landing, captain?"
Captain Fury: "All crew, brace for impact!"
Chrome: "Should have known."

CRUNCH
Lt. Hawkins: "We're all gonna die!"

Captain Fury: "It worked! Just like I knew it would!"
Chrome: "Right."
Lt. Hawkins: "Riiiight."

And a bit later...
Lt. Hawkins: "We've got the comm node working, Captain."
Captain Fury: "Great. If we can get in contact with the ships that escaped with the Luchardsko, we'll have an ally and a good start on rebuilding civilization."
Lt. Hawkins: "I haven't gotten a signal from them yet - hold on. I'm getting something. But it's not the fleet. It's the Pericles..."

Captain Fury: "Sam!"
Sam Porter Bridges: "Good to hear from you again, Captain. How's the rest of the T.L.A.?"
Captain Fury: "We've, uh... been better. How are you even contacting us from the Beige Linoleum?"
Sam: "We've been through quite the mess ourselves. But it turned out all right in the end. Wait till you see what the Quantumsurfers did with our ship-"
Lt. Hawkins: "Captain!"

Lt. Hawkins: "Unidentified starship coming in!"

Captain Fury: "Uh, just who are you?"
?????: "I am Captain Cliff Dangerstone, head of Space Justice."

Captain Clint Firestone: "And for the crime of conspiracy to obtain and use Antimortallium, you are all under arrest!"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: The Beginning

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Elsewhere, an unremarkable frigate drifts through the void.

Crewman: "Sir, we've picked up a distress signal. Looks like someone else has run afoul of Space Justice."
??????: "Hmm..."
Crewman: "Looks like they're some group calling themselves the T.L.A., sir."
??????: "Oh? That is interesting. Fly a search pattern and scan for the Space Justice ships."
Crewman: "Sir?"
??????: "It's time that our fight for justice gained some allies."

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Stellar work!

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Awesome! Nice closure for the TLA from Ragnablok and the story going forward looks dope! Now I just have to finish the story for the Pericles so they can join in the fun :omnom:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I love it. I am excited to see what happens with the space justice people.
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Part 2 (Finally)

Captain Fury: "The fuck is this? We were just minding our own business on an abandoned planet!"
Space Justice Chief Slate MacRockBody: "In G.R. 2019, you did conspire to obtain and use Antimortallium to end the life of an Immortal, in direct violation of the laws of Kanon. Furthermore, you escaped Ragnablok, the End of All Things and the justice imposed on your universe for its many crimes against Ossum."

Captain Fury: "You didn't even exist then! How do you have jurisdiction?"
Chief Torch MissileGroin: "These guns are my jurisdiction."

Chrome: "Enough of this. You may be well-armed, but I am a Deadly SpaceMan. If you know of the previous universe, you'll know what that means."

Kung Fury: "I know of the Deadly SpaceMen. The greatest warriors in their universe."

Kung Fury: "But this isn't your universe anymore."

Chief Gaston Von BuffKnob: "Stun truncheons only. These scum don't deserve a badass death."

Sam Porter Bridges: "Captain? Captain, please respond! Shit!"

Aboard the Pericles...
Goose: "We lost the signal."
Sam: "Can we rescue them?"

Goose: "Long-range sensors show a convoy of ships leaving orbit around the planet. Two frigates, one cruiser, and one transport. Even with our ship's modifications, that's a lot of firepower to take on alone."

???: "T.L.A. Pericles, I believe we can help with your... situation."
Captain John Carter: "Who are you? Identify yourself!"
???: "We'll be striking that convoy in exactly two hours. We're transmitting a course to you now. Follow it and make the final jump when we launch our attack, and you'll be in a position to board the transport and rescue your friends."

Goose: "What the hell is this?"
Sam Porter Bridges: "Did the course data not come through?"
Goose: "No, the course is fine... but how does our mysterious friend know what this ship can do?"
Sam Porter Bridges: "Then let's do it. We don't have any other options."

The Pericles makes its first jump, into the Anno galaxy...

Then, with a second jump, flies through the skies over the Battleplate...

Meanwhile...
Space Justice Patrol Frigate: "Detecting a single unidentified ship dead ahead. Frigate-sized."
Space Justice Pursuit Frigate: "Roger. We will break formation and engage. You stay behind and cover the transport."

???: "Knight: open fire."

Pursuit Frigate: "We're hit! All hands abandon ship!"

Patrol Frigate: "There's another ship out there. This one's got a high-energy beam weapon!"
Patrol Cruiser: "Commencing fire! Feed us targeting data as soon as you get a lock!"

Patrol Frigate: "What the- a ship just jumped out right next to the freighter! Why the hell couldn't we detect-"
Patrol Cruiser: "Shit!"

Patrol Cruiser: "All guns, target that enemy ship! I don't care if the transport takes a few hits!"
Captain John Carter: "A.T. field at 75%. Returning fire! Looks like our mysterious friend is engaging them as well."

Captain John Carter: "There goes the cruiser. Alright, let's board the transport and finish this."

Chrome: "Sounds like fighting outside. Should we-
Captain Fury: "Wait for it..."

BOOM

Captain Fury: "NOW!"

Sam Porter Bridges: "Hey, I'm here to rescue... oh. Guess you didn't need my help."
Captain Fury: "I do appreciate the thought."
Captain John Carter: "Sam, our mysterious friends in the frigate are back. They're asking for permission to dock with the transport."

Sam Porter Bridges: "Tell them to go ahead. It'd be nice to learn who they are."

???: "I am..."

"Zero!"

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:33 pm

Awesome soap dude.
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:38 pm

Captain Fury: "You didn't even exist then! How do you have jurisdiction?"
Chief Torch MissileGroin: "These guns are my jurisdiction."
Top 10 greatest anime quotes of all time :boss:

Also, amazing Pericles microbuild :studgod:

Just an excellent soap all around :omnom:

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:49 pm

The return of the king

This is some serious gourmet shit right here, can’t wait to see where this goes.

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Yessss now we're talking!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 am

Part 3
Sam Porter Bridges: "Whoever you are, I'm not sure I buy that you saved us out of the goodness of your heart. There must be something you want in return."
Zero: "Indeed. But I believe it will be in your interests as well."

Zero: "Tell me: what is the most fundamental necessity for conflict and violence?"
Captain Fury: "Weapons?"
Sam: "Justifications?"
Chrome: "Factions."
Zero: "Yes! You are correct, Spaceman."

Chrome: "In the ancient times, Deadly SpaceMen would don different-colored spacesuits in order to slake their bloodlust in battle against one another."

Zero: "And those were the beginning of different Minifig factions, each with their own colors, technology, culture, and tactics. These factions made possible the great battles of old."

"Soon, hundreds of unique factions had emerged, turning the Galaxia Nehellenium into an epic maelstrom of conflict and warfare. This brought about the period that the Quantum Surfers refer to as the Golden Age."

"But this galaxy contained within it the seeds of its own destruction. For as the factions grew more numerous, they crushed the excitement of warfare under the weight of their shared history. Alliances were formed, choking out the embers of conflict before they could ignite, and new factions were denied the chance to leave their mark on the universe."

"In the end, the Brikverse was shattered into sphincter universes so that the old system of alliances could never be re-formed, and all factions would have a chance to seek their destiny. But Ragnablok, too, is an imperfect solution. By splintering the universe, it has shattered the old alliances, but it has also prevented factions from finding new enemies."

"Not only does this reduce the amount of conflict in the Brikverse, it also opens the door for some factions to conquer their entire sphincter universe, leaving it devoid of any conflict whatsoever. I created the Black Knights to stand against would-be conquerors in this universe, but together with you, we can accomplish far more."

"The Mountain Dew Drive technology given to you by the Quantum Surfers allows your ships to jump from one universe to another, as if they were still one."

"With it, the T.L.A. can connect the separate sphincter universes and allow conflict to rage across them once again. Captain Fury, Chrome, Sam Porter Bridges... it's up to you to reconnect the universe."

Image credits: u/JakobTheSigher, Brickipedia, the BrikWiki, Ninja_Bait, Kastrenzo

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:51 am

hype hype