Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Brik or Treat Battle Royale [HH Winner 2020]

Post by Food_Truk » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Introduction
Show
The blue moon shines brightly in South Stockton...

Moon-Moon: "MEESA GOT A MOON FOR YOU!"

Damn it, Moon-Moon!
Moon-Moon: "BLUE MOON REQUIREMENT: FULFILLED!"

Introduction Soap

The Brik or Treat Battle Royale is an event where four players take on the role of a Brik-or-Treater.
The goal is simple: Through any means possible, be the one with the most treats at the end...Or the last one standing.
Treat points are counted in stud size: The bigger the goodies, the better.

THE CONTESTANTS:

Catherine AKA 'KITTY'
She would've been top of her gymnastics team, if not for her horrible luck. So instead, Catherine has resorted to bullying and stealing from the other girls to keep up in class. This made her a perfect challenger for Brik or Treat, leaving her entire opposition in the kitty litter.
Her edge is Vermin Chum: Whereas other children would be torn apart by the Brikverse's smaller wildlife, Catherine connects to these critters on a spiritual level and so any interaction with vermin will be on a friendly basis.

The Ninja only known as Pink Zane
Obsessed with the Ninjago franchise, 'Pink Zane' is possibly its biggest fan in the Brikverse. His shuriken are real, which along with his excessive martial arts training made him the top of his ladder and an excellent Brik or Treat contender.
His edge is Surprising: When standing completely still, nothing and no one can notice Pink Zane. (This ability made school dances, group projects and P.E. a living hell.)

Hecate or as she prefers to be called, 'Bloodsliver the Twisted'
Having hippies as parents was bad enough, but Hecate's 'parental units' (as she bitterly calls them) named her after an obscure mythological character. After sacrificing them to MOC-Snothoth in the form of a selfmade three-course meal in return for magikal power, she now stalks the Brikverse in order to sate her lust for power and serve her new master under the name Bloodsliver the Twisted...
Her edge is Diemon Blood: Allowing her to restore her wounds by performing no action other than moving. (Don't ask her where she got it from or how she got it.)

Teddy
He hates his costume. He hates the Halloween Hellhunt. He didn't want to join this stupid competition, he just wanted to sit at home and scream profanities at other children in online games. His parents made him go to this dumb Brik or Treat. They shall pay. Just like those children.
Oh. They shall all pay dearly for this.
In candy...
Or in blood.
His edge is Extra Padding: As humiliating as the costume is, it also serves as fantastic armour for Teddy while he beats his opponents into a bloody pulp.

Kitty: Bolicob
Bloodsliver: Madmario
Pink Zane: Screech
Teddy: Spectral
Turn 1
Turn 2
Turn 3
Turn 4
Turn 5
Turn 6
Turn 7 (Finale)
Last edited by Food_Truk on Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Re: [HH]2020 - Brik or Treat Battle Royale

Post by Spectral » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:06 pm

I would like to breath heavily as teddy pls
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

Bolicob12
Officer

Post by Bolicob12 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:40 pm

Cool battle idea.

I'll take Kitty

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 am

I,d like Bloodsliver, plz. Childs of Moc-Snothoth are childs of mine.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

Screech
Nice Dubs

Post by Screech » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:05 am

Taking Pink Zane.
Kastrenzo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:39 pm
bubba and jed are fighting over who gets to fuck the pig, again

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:14 pm

• Players: Check
  • Starting Stats & Overwatches: Sent
Good luck to all, and I'll be eagerly awaiting your DMs and actions!

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:48 pm

TURN 1

In search of the nearest sweets, Pink Zane attempts to pick the lock of the Waffle House...

But it won't budge. Taking the opportunity to quote his favourite show, he yells: "NINJA NEVER QUIT!"

Meanwhile, Bloodsliver looks at the skulls in front of Central Park and can't contain her excitement. Calling upon the powers of MOC-Snothoth, she attempts to transform them into functioning minions...

MOC-Snothoth smiles upon her, as two skeletons equipped with their own candy buckets rise up!

The skeletons quickly knock on the front door of Central Perk...

A man dressed up as Garmadon opens the door!
"Brik or Treat!" Bloodsilver shouts excitedly, her two skeleton friends repeating her words.
"Oh my! What a promising little villainess! You even brought your own minions!"

"Hold on, let me just get the candy stash out..."

"Happy Hellhunt!"
The Garmadon figure hands a chocolate bar (and not the so-called 'fun-size' either) to each of them, and an extra mint chip mochi for Bloodsliver!

The skeletons cheer at their success, as Bloodsliver turns to her next target...

Teddy doesn't hesitate, and instead of going for the goodies he's going straight for the nearest monster's face, successfully sprinting an extra three inches towards his target...

To deliver a direct blow at her face! A sound of concrete hitting a skull reverberates through the town center...She survived, but some of her facial features aren't quite the same.

Kitty has her priorities set on the loot, and dives headfirst into the first kitchen she sees...

Her dexterity makes it a cakewalk to snatch all the savoury treats, even managing to jump over the counter to grab a big juicy hamburger!

She quickly snatches the carton of orange juice as well.

TURN 1 RESULTS

Bloodsliver: 7 TP
Kitty: 6 TP
Pink Zane: 0 TP
Teddy: 0 TP

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:01 pm

TURN 2

The skeleton (too occupied with ramming the car horn) forgets that you need both hands on the steering wheel. He veers into the direction of the waffle house...

P.Z.: "Ah nuts..."

Luckily P.Z.'s martial arts training pays off, as he wall-jumps over the approaching car and resulting destruction with ease!

P.Z.'s locked door problem appears to have been solved as well! Thanks Mr. Skeleton!

The skeleton's sacrifice is not in vain, as P.Z. manages to loot the whole building of its goodies...

And 100 bucks.

Bloodsliver looks on at the chaos and decides to take a strategical approach, restoring a Horrible Death check from her record. She hears an ominous whisper in the cold wind, and an unfamiliar feeling urges her to head to the beach...

Besides, she has her minions to do the dirty work for her! They approach the picnic spot in the local park, and find a small hoard in edible delights. Who knows what happened to the original owners?

It's a good thing skeletons aren't concerned with such trivial questions, instead taking anything remotely food-like with them. Score!

Her face a deformed mess, the ghoulish reporter attempts to attack her assailant!

However, Teddy is surprisingly agile for a little kid in a bear costume. The silent child raises his plush bear once more...

KRUNCH!

As the corpse of the reporter leaks ectoplasm, Teddy hears his Bricky Bear plush speak to him.
"Yes...Together, we'll make them all pay...You and me, Teddy...It's all ours..."
Spoiler
Show
Bricky Bear's effekt triggered! (current: +1)

After having found no fuzzy little friends to play with in the kitchen, Kitty decides to search for new pets elsewhere. The toilet, perhaps?

Two rats are guarding a basket!

Ricky: "HALT! WHO GO-Oh hey, Kitty!"
Rudy: "Whatcha doin'? Can we join? We got candy!"

While other children would've been torn apart by their teeth, for Kitty this encounter just means two buddies tagging along! And as a bonus, a big lollipop! (Let's just not ask what it was doing in a toilet.)

TURN 2 RESULTS

Bloodsliver: 14 TP
Kitty: 10 TP
Pink Zane: 10 TP (and $100)
Teddy: 0 TP (Bricky Bear effekt: +1)

Minions:
Bloodsliver: 2 skeletons
Kitty: 2 rats

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Intermission Soap

TURN 3

Back on the streets of Stockton, the ghoul tries to run towards Pink Zane but finds itself infuriatingly lacking in speed.

Meanwhile, Pink Zane has an idea! He turns towards the cash register and notices it has a Wi-Fi function...

Some MacGyver-level reverse engineering and re-engineering, and he has a fully functional cellphone!
He quickly calls the phone number of Flying Fudge, the company that delivers delicious fudge solely through air drops!
"Yes hello I would like to order 100 worth of fudge, please! Stockton Town, the waffle house!"

MP4 with sound

Unfortunately, Pink Zane didn't succeed in dodging the resulting destruction of the waffle house. Knocked down and 2 hits lower, this idea seems to be less than successful.

Bloodsliver decides to take an unorthodox approach to increasing her treat stash!

TONIGHT, ON BRIKWARS...

"Good night, everyone! I am your charming crook with the skill to cook, Bloodsliver the Twisted! And with me on this terrifying blue moon tonight is none other than the desecrated corpse of Martha Stewart herself!"
"Brrrains..."

"Today, Martha's decaying body is going to show us how to turn a normal hot dog into a meal for the family!"
"BRAINS!"

"First, we add the hot dog in the pot. Bun and all, can't waste anything!"
"Brains! Braaaains..."

"Next up, Martha's going to add some OT sauce while I chant the forbidden words of MOC-Snothoth..."
"Brains."
Bloodsliver chants some unintelligible words as the drops of Ossum sauce seep over the hot dog's juicy buns...

And BAM! One gigantic hamburger, at the cost of only one hot dog and a dead Martha Stewart!

Angry at his kill being stolen by a gigantic block of fudge, Teddy starts charging towards the kid in pink pajamas! He manages to add another two inches to his sprint, getting awfully close...

Kitty goes to try her luck at the nearby juice bar while Rudy the rat rummages through the trash bin in search of more friends...
"BRIK OR TREAT!"
"Eh? A cult? And you even dressed up your dog as a rat! Clever!"

"Happy Hellhunt, kid!"
Kitty manages to score several bottles of juice, and Rudy found two fellow vermin to tag along!

TURN 3 RESULTS

Bloodsliver: 214 TP (Hamburger = 200 TP)
Kitty: 14 TP
Pink Zane: 10 TP (and potentially a broken leg)
Teddy: 0 TP (Bricky Bear: +1)

Minions:
Bloodsliver: 2 skeletons
Kitty: 2 rats, a niffler and a hamster

Wait, what's happening at the shore?...

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:46 pm

TURN 4

Was it your imagination? The waters seem calm...

Uhhh...

Oh.

MOCha crawls out of the ocean!

Clamping herself to the OT lamps, the beast makes a vile regurgitating sound...

And spits out two smaller abominations!

One of them starts feasting on the nearby corpse, as the other one stares in awe at the giant shrimp sign...

Pink Zane crawls to the fudge in spite of his enemies, claiming it for his own!

Seeing an opportunity, Bloodsliver starts casting another spell...

S P L A T ! ! !
The fudge fuses with the remains of the waffle house to form a giant MOC golem, crushing Pink Zane under its weight!

"ARE YOU GETTING THIS?!"
"Yeah yeah, shaddup!"

[FIRST PLAYER KILL GOES TO BLOODSLIVER!]

Teddy, not wishing to end up as strawberry jam starts hauling ass to the shore...

At the shore, Kitty decides to unleash a tactical assault on the monsters with her vermin to flank them!

Except for the niffler. What's up buddy?

The niffler buries underground, making its way to...?

Turn 4 Results
Bloodsliver: 214 TP
Teddy: 0 TP (Bricky Bear +1)
Pink Zane: RIP

Minions:
Bloodsliver: 2 skeletons, 1 MOC golem
Kitty: 2 rats, a niffler and a hamster

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:52 pm

TURN 5

One of the creatures attempts to pounce on Teddy, but Bricky deflects the blow with ease.
"Pathetic."
Teddy grunts in agreement, preparing himself for a proper retaliation...

The other creature charges into Kitty and her group!

Bloodsliver is slowly going mad with power, as she starts using her magik more and more...
"MORE MINIONS! MORE! OBEY ME!"

The sound of metal and stone slowly moving emits from the memorial statue in the middle of the streets...

Its head turns towards the young megalomaniac...

Climbing down its pedestal to face the one who awakened it...

...And it stands still in front of the witch, awaiting orders.

POW!
With one swift swing of the plush, Teddy makes his enemy's eyeball fly off and instantly kills it!
"NOW we're talking." (Bricky effect +1, total: +2!)

The other creature quickly regrets its decision, as Kitty and her vermin pals gang up on it. Claws, teeth and Fish Stick rip it apart like paper in a gruesome slaughter scene! The action attracts a small turtle, who rears its adorable little head towards Kitty.
"Can I join? I have an unquenchable thirst for blood!"
(Where's the niffler?...)

Turn 5 Results
Teddy: 0 TP (Bricky Bear +2)

Minions:
Bloodsliver: 2 skeletons, 1 MOC golem, 1 animated statue
Kitty: 2 rats, 1 niffler, 1 hamster, 1 turtle

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:44 pm

TURN 6

Mocha turns her attention to the group of small and delicious looking critters, snatching the brightest one with one of her tentacles.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

KRUNCH!

Bloodsliver commands her army to move forward, cackling with delight!
"Bwahahaahaha. BWAHAAHAHAHAA!" She recovers a HD check as her maniacal laughter echoes through the streets...

The MOC Golem gets within leg distance of Teddy, and sees an opportunity!

"..."
"Oh. Right. The golem."

The golem however is a shoddy MOC construct made in less than an hour and this flaw is most likely the cause of it both failing its attack and falling apart like a house of cards, sending Teddy flying towards the beach house!

Bricky whispers something in Teddy's ear, and Teddy just nods...

...Right before he swings down on the nearest small mammal! One of Kitty's rats bites the dust, and Bricky starts to emanate a vile aura...
"Yes...YES! MORE!"

Teddy goes into a rampage, as he dives onto the next one and splatters it like a ripe tomato!
"NONE WILL SURVIVE OUR WRATH!!"
Witnessing the slaughter, Kitty prepares herself for the worst...

Kitty successfully jumps away from Teddy's reach, clinging onto a nearby ladder!

"NOT THIS TIME, CARE B!TC#!"
Teddy stares in seething anger at his escaped victim...

Turn 6 Results
Teddy: 0 TP (Bricky Bear +4)

Minions:
Bloodsliver: 2 skeletons, 1 animated statue
Kitty: 1 niffler, 1 hamster

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:11 pm

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Time for Judging. I'll put it here instead of at the end of Round 7 for simplicity.

Gameplay: 4 Lots of interesting interaction. Special effects, smashed buildings and golems, sea monsters, and weird bennies for hitting things with a teddy bear.

Photos: 5 Seriously, while they were a tad dark at times, this was supposed to be a Trick or Treat things, so the darkness was thematic and I can't take points away for that. It didn't detract from the photos anyway. They were crisp and clear, with interesting angles and subjects.

Violence: 5 Lots of it and to good effect. Some unusual tactics, and I did like the idea of crushing a zombie under a block of fudge.

Writing: 5 Not the most unique idea, but some interesting character backgrounds here and plot twists! Shame they didn't kill that Dungan though...

Appeal: 5 The Blue Moon (caused by mooning someone) is a nice twist, and the whole thing just feels very Brikwarsy/Lovecraftian.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Gameplay 5 - good stuff with the candy collecting
Photography 5 - dramatic lighting, videos, strange text
Violence 3.5 - not enough interaction, too many survivors
Writing 4 - a great many strange things happening
Overall Appeal 5 - mentions the moon
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.